UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Possible Warrior rumor (likely nothing)

1/8/13 6:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Friend told me that he has an appearance mania weekend in NY.

Perhaps he booked it then because he figured he could get a lot to show up, but it is possible that he goes into HOF.

1/8/13 6:54 PM
fryabusa
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he'll show up at the 20th anniversary of Raw and it will be announced then.  One rumor I saw said WWE was trying to get wrestlers that don't do a lot of public apperances for the big show.

1/8/13 7:19 PM
ArtMinaj

interesting

WWE is once again circling engaging the Ultimate Warrior about being inducted in the 2013 Hall of Fame.

According to a source, Warrior is adamant about only doing the deal with Vince McMahon. Warrior reportedly does not want Stephanie McMahon or Triple H, who is spear-heading the inductions, to be involved with negotiations.

It remains to be seen if Vince will engage Warrior. While they are in no rush, the company realizes that they need a centerpiece for the Hall of Fame. With Bruno Sammartino resisting a deal, they are currently left without a main attraction for Madison Square Garden.

I had heard last month that Randy Savage was at least discussed for next year's Hall of Fame, however the Poffo's demands continue to prevent a deal from happening. As noted earlier, The Poffos are insisting that the entire family is inducted, similar to the Von Erichs.

1/8/13 7:42 PM
Bladefist
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he should be there. As a child of the 80's, The Ultimate Warrior was a beast and I loved him as a kid.

Sure he makes no sense in his interviews, but back then he was bat shit crazy and that was awesome.
1/8/13 8:25 PM
AtomicElbow
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Savage's dad still alive?

Warrior might be the only HOF Centerpiece who gets in after having a hatchet job done on him (Self Destruction of the UW). Who would induct him? I think most guys hated him, and the ones who like him are dead
1/8/13 9:57 PM
Sofa King Cool
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Foley in?

They may put in the Rock. Phone Post
1/9/13 9:09 AM
SamboMMA

AtomicElbow - Savage's dad still alive?

Warrior might be the only HOF Centerpiece who gets in after having a hatchet job done on him (Self Destruction of the UW). Who would induct him? I think most guys hated him, and the ones who like him are dead

I'm sure Warrior will mention that to Vince if Vince decides to pick up the phone. Watch if Warrior does go in they'll be a much more positive DVD set on him.

Hogan will probably induct him if it happens.
1/9/13 9:20 AM
Rick50
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get the whole Poffo thing. Is it just Lanny trying to make a few bucks off his brother's success? Or does he think he is actually hall of fame material? I don't know much about his father, but you don't here him mentioned with the old greats. Leaping Lanny in the hall would be like putting Mark Sanchez in the nfl hall. Phone Post
1/9/13 10:47 AM
ArtMinaj

Rick50 -  I don't get the whole Poffo thing. Is it just Lanny trying to make a few bucks off his brother's success? Or does he think he is actually hall of fame material? I don't know much about his father, but you don't here him mentioned with the old greats. Leaping Lanny in the hall would be like putting Mark Sanchez in the nfl hall. Phone Post

Probably both.  Both delusional and thinking he is something he is not.  MMA has Dan The Wolfman, we have Lanny Poffo.

1/9/13 11:56 AM
SamboMMA

Rick50 -  I don't get the whole Poffo thing. Is it just Lanny trying to make a few bucks off his brother's success? Or does he think he is actually hall of fame material? I don't know much about his father, but you don't here him mentioned with the old greats. Leaping Lanny in the hall would be like putting Mark Sanchez in the nfl hall. Phone Post

Lanny wasn't bad during his WWF run. He actually has a win over Hogan on SNME. He's more known as a Manager later on though. I can see him getting a spot though. When they put Koko B. Ware in they opened the flood gates for anybody [Hell even Marty Jannetty can get in and we all know what a screw up he is] Plus inducting the Von Erich family opens the door for other wrestling families as well. Kerry was the biggest star in the family and they put the whole family in [Probably out of sympathy for all the tragedies though]
1/9/13 1:10 PM
Slydawg

SamboMMA - 

Lanny wasn't bad during his WWF run. He actually has a win over Hogan on SNME. He's more known as a Manager later on though. I can see him getting a spot though. When they put Koko B. Ware in they opened the flood gates for anybody [Hell even Marty Jannetty can get in and we all know what a screw up he is] Plus inducting the Von Erich family opens the door for other wrestling families as well. Kerry was the biggest star in the family and they put the whole family in [Probably out of sympathy for all the tragedies though]

The whole Von Erik thing was collective for early years. If you watched them back then in Texas, they were an amazing faction. David may have been bigger than Kerry if he lived longer. I think the whole family being in HOF was a great gig. Just my 2 cents...
1/9/13 1:11 PM
Slydawg

Why not P.S. Hayes as centerpiece?
1/9/13 1:28 PM
Rick50
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slydawg - Why not P.S. Hayes as centerpiece?
I don't think allot of the fans in the north knew too much about the freebirds Phone Post
1/9/13 7:25 PM
armbarheelhook
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slydawg -
SamboMMA - 

The whole Von Erik thing was collective for early years. If you watched them back then in Texas, they were an amazing faction. David may have been bigger than Kerry if he lived longer. I think the whole family being in HOF was a great gig. Just my 2 cents...
this is true.. The Von Erichs were WCCW.. Von Erichs, Hart Family, the Rock's family should be in HOF. Poffo not so much.. Macho Man HELL YEAH! Phone Post
1/9/13 7:43 PM
Violentguy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should just go ahead and put the Genius in so Mach can go in. Phone Post
1/9/13 10:45 PM
Chuck@NY
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beverly Bros...FTW!
1/10/13 12:57 AM
Philanderer

SamboMMA - 
AtomicElbow - Savage's dad still alive?

I'm sure Warrior will mention that to Vince if Vince decides to pick up the phone. Watch if Warrior does go in they'll be a much more positive DVD set on him.

Hogan will probably induct him if it happens.

Isnt Hogan still in TNA? And not just a talent, but mgmt?
1/10/13 6:51 AM
roninthebox
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its total bs that ps hays aint in the hall along with the rest of the freebirds Phone Post
1/10/13 8:06 AM
Sir Taps
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How can Lanny stop the WWE from inducting Macho Man? Surely Vince owns all of his footage from WWF/WCW, so they could do it? Or is it because they need someone to represent Macho at the ceremony, and Lanny won't do it without Vince giving in to his demands?

James
1/10/13 8:16 AM
ArtMinaj

Rick50 - 
Slydawg - Why not P.S. Hayes as centerpiece?
I don't think allot of the fans in the north knew too much about the freebirds Phone Post

That's fine and no, he shouldn't be the headline guy, but he deserves tn there with the Freebirds.

Chuck@NY can induct him by playing Freebird on the jukebox.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.