UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official Toronto Maple Leaf's Thread

1/8/13 6:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
heavyweightmma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is just for the Toronto Maple Leaf fans out there, and not for their haters.

The season is coming up here pretty shortly after a long lockout, and I thought I'd make a thread for my favorite team.

I only really got into Hockey about a year or so ago, and so don't know many positions and almost NO players on other teams, but as time goes by I hope to learn more.
1/8/13 6:36 PM
heavyweightmma

I'm also excited for our addition of James Van Reimsdyk.

Yeah we traded defense for offense, but I think that's what we needed anyways.
1/8/13 6:45 PM
Mexican Janitor
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Avid Leafs fans, follow them religiously, and emotional attached to the team. Something I'm not proud of...but I was born a Leafs fan.

That being said, I was really hoping the lockout would last after the cancellation of the winter classic. We finished 5th worst and were guaranteed another top pick and would have had the most cap space in franchise history to play with (since the installation) We're still in a good position with the cap, but my worst nightmare if this team finishes 9-11th in the standings and miss out on a game changing prospect. It was damn good to see the boys back on the ice though.... Phone Post
1/8/13 6:50 PM
canuck34
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Laffs will still somehow manage to lose 55 games. Phone Post
1/8/13 6:57 PM
Gramkind
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta hand it to Leafs fans, you are an optimistic bunch. Hope Lou gets you to playoffs. Phone Post
1/8/13 6:57 PM
Allen Hood

Born a leafs fan I'm going to die a leafs fan. But seriously last couple years they couldn't even buy a win. Phone Post
1/8/13 7:01 PM
choadler
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was going to make a Bruins thread, but felt bad about pulling away all your posters.

Yeah.

Go leafs.

Yay.

Yawn.

1/8/13 7:02 PM
Allen Hood

choadler -

I was going to make a Bruins thread, but felt bad about pulling away all your posters.

Yeah.

Go leafs.

Yay.

Yawn.

Lol cold. Phone Post
1/8/13 7:06 PM
Dire
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at leafs fans!! Hope your season is better then the last 5! :p
1/8/13 10:10 PM
Mexican Janitor
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leafs Habs next Saturday night. Boom. Phone Post
1/8/13 10:33 PM
TheLumberjackLisi
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GO LEAFS GO!

Did the Luongo deal go through? Phone Post
1/8/13 10:35 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brit Selby!!
1/8/13 10:39 PM
heavyweightmma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pt-62KUI00

Blue please?
1/8/13 10:57 PM
dogfb
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up! Go Leafs!

1/8/13 10:59 PM
yusul
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hope the leafs tank to get a high centre pick.
1/8/13 11:00 PM
shaqitup
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP there are only 5 positions in hockey so it isn't hard to learn them.

That being said, this is a good year for the cup gents.
1/8/13 11:02 PM
heavyweightmma

shaqitup - OP there are only 5 positions in hockey so it isn't hard to learn them.

That being said, this is a good year for the cup gents.

Yeah I should learn pretty quick.

If I recall correctly the Center is the guy down the middle who plays mostly defense right?

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvphe_Jbs4s

Blue please.
1/8/13 11:09 PM
heavyweightmma

dogfb - 

Voted up! Go Leafs!

You too sir!
1/8/13 11:09 PM
BlackJesus
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shouldn't your season already be over? Just let the thread die. There is always next year. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:14 PM
heavyweightmma

BlackJesus -  Shouldn't your season already be over? Just let the thread die. There is always next year. Phone Post

Did you perhaps not read the OP fucker?

I'm not hating on whoever your team is am I?
1/8/13 11:23 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexican Janitor - Avid Leafs fans, follow them religiously, and emotional attached to the team. Something I'm not proud of...but I was born a Leafs fan.

That being said, I was really hoping the lockout would last after the cancellation of the winter classic. We finished 5th worst and were guaranteed another top pick and would have had the most cap space in franchise history to play with (since the installation) We're still in a good position with the cap, but my worst nightmare if this team finishes 9-11th in the standings and miss out on a game changing prospect. It was damn good to see the boys back on the ice though.... Phone Post
LOL. Gotta love this. Lifelong Leafs fan's worst nightmare is to improve. That folks is how you stay a lifelong Leafs fan.

Former 10 year fan here. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:26 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although the truth is, if the Leafs could ever turn it around, the bandwagon would be welcome to stop by my house and I would gladly hop on wearing my 93 Gilmour jersey. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:27 PM
hubris
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you people never learn
1/8/13 11:28 PM
BlackJesus
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand that you're mad, scared, and your experiencing a lot of feelings that you don't understand right now. This is a safe place we're here to help you get through this reaccruing rough time in your life. If lashing out at me makes you feel better I understand but for you to make progress you need to understand that its not me that you're mad at. Thank you for letting me accompany you on this adventure to find you self-worth and pride.

Yours truly BlackJesus a reformed leafs fan. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:29 PM
Stache
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to think it was the Ballard Curse but now I see Leafs fans are just hopeless.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.