UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official Toronto Maple Leaf's Thread

3/30/13 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys have no idea how good Luongo is. If he went to the Leafs, the Leafs would move into the top tier in the East. Not favs v. Bruins/Habs/Pens, but favs against the rest of the East.
3/30/13 2:17 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys have no idea how good Luongo is. If he went to the Leafs, the Leafs would move into the top tier in the East. Not favs v. Bruins/Habs/Pens, but favs against the rest of the East.
3/30/13 3:29 PM
dogfb
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/30/13 3:29 PM

We know he would be an upgrade to our current goalies (who aren't that bad) but the issue is his contract and what we would have to give up to get him. 

I think most people would be happy just to make the playoffs this year. 

3/30/13 3:45 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR - You guys have no idea how good Luongo is. If he went to the Leafs, the Leafs would move into the top tier in the East. Not favs v. Bruins/Habs/Pens, but favs against the rest of the East.

As a leaf fan, I do know how good he is.

The issue is not his talent otherwise the canucks would keep him.

The issue is his handcuffing contract and the fact to get him you have to give something up.

If everything including his contract was so good, the canucks wouldnt be looking to trade him!

Unless they were to basically give him to us, I wouldnt even entertain the thought of acquiring him.

Also forgive me for being blunt, but if hes not going to get you over Boston, Pitt or most years philly, , whats the fucking point since for the foreseeable future you will need to get past those team if you want to challenge for the cup!

3/30/13 7:27 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lupul again.

8th goal in his 9th game this year!!!

3/30/13 7:53 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami

LOL McLaren just prison raped kassian!

3/30/13 9:11 PM
dogfb
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2-0. 

Lupul from Kadri, then Kadri from Lupul.

I love it. 

3/30/13 9:16 PM
dogfb

3-0.

Lupul to Kadri again!

3/30/13 9:20 PM
dogfb

Edited: 03/30/13 9:20 PM

4-0. 

Lupul to Kadri... unreal. 

Hatrick for the Dream!

3/30/13 9:21 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami

Kadri with the hattrick. This is good shit.

3/30/13 9:25 PM
Mexican Janitor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 points? Beating Ottawa? Kadri hat trick? So much awesome Phone Post
3/30/13 10:03 PM
dogfb

What a game. I love it!

3/31/13 1:03 AM
PR

I am a Vancouver Canucks fan.

I must admit Kadri and Lupul looked awesome tonight. Wow.

Now leafs fans, go fuck yourselves.

:)

The leafs really need to trade for Luongo, then you actually would have a chance at a deep playoff run.
3/31/13 1:37 AM
yusul
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you can have connelly and komiserik.

actually, i'd do a grabovski and prospect straight trade.
3/31/13 2:48 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami

Grapes with the boys after the game!!!

3/31/13 2:51 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami

WhoShotYushinOkami - 

McLaren only needs to land 1 bomb and he completely overwhelms the guy!!!

3/31/13 2:52 AM
PR

lol, I actually called the Kadri kiss beforehand! I saw how in love Grapes was with Kadri and it totally reminded me of the Dougie Gilmour Coachs Corner... sure enough Grapes gives Kadri a kiss near the end!!
3/31/13 10:16 AM
Mexican Janitor

PR - You guys have no idea how good Luongo is. If he went to the Leafs, the Leafs would move into the top tier in the East. Not favs v. Bruins/Habs/Pens, but favs against the rest of the East.
No. Phone Post
3/31/13 10:28 AM
yusul
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^well we would have won at least 1/2 of the shootouts we lost and held a few more leads. that would be i think around 8 points right there.
3/31/13 11:09 AM
Mexican Janitor

First shootout loss against Pens: goals scored; 0.
Second shootout loss against Jets: goals scored; 1 (10 rounds)
Third shootout loss against Sabers: goals scored; 1 (6 rounds)
Fourth shootout loss against Bruins: goals scored; 1

We haven't scored more then 1 goal in a shootout and seeing how Lu has a losing record in shootouts, I doubt we would won those with him anyways. He's still an upgrade of Reimer, but Toronto becoming an elite team with him? Handcuffed with this contract till 2022? Fuck no.

Trading for Luongo makes absolutely no sense at this point.

Reimer and Scrivens are both playing well and have the Leafs solidly in the playoffs at this point. Plus, they're both under control next year at a combined cap hit of less than $3 million!!!

Why would the Leafs mess with the rest of their roster to bring in a 34-year-old goalie with mega years left on his contract at a cap hit of more than $5 million?

Canucks have 61m spent on 14 players next season, that leaves 2.5m for 9 players. That would have to include Raymond, he's getting 2m this season. Luongo by summer will be a class A buyout candidate. Look at the Canucks roster, who else do they buyout? Booth and Ballard? Maybe, but that would give them 11.5m for 11 players. The math does not work. Let Gillis rot on his brutal albatross of a payroll and he will be had by TB/Florida for a nice 3/3m contract this summer.
3/31/13 1:06 PM
dogfb

I agree. Good post janitor. Phone Post 3.0
3/31/13 1:36 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoShotYushinOkami - 

Grapes with the boys after the game!!!

The Cherry kiss of approval . haha that's great
3/31/13 2:19 PM
40oztofreedom
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoShotYushinOkami -
WhoShotYushinOkami - 

McLaren only needs to land 1 bomb and he completely overwhelms the guy!!!

At 0:30 Mclaren motions that he wants a shot at the belt! Phone Post 3.0
4/2/13 10:06 AM
Hemlock
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Luongo. We want KIPPER
4/2/13 10:10 AM
yusul

don't want 50/50. i'd rather see if mike smith in phoenix is available or bernier.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.