UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official Toronto Maple Leaf's Thread

4/15/13 9:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yusul
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crappy game by the leafs but they still won. the devils might have won with kovalchuk. the penalty kill was great but the new player is a meathead.
4/15/13 10:37 PM
Mexican Janitor
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6 more games....oh yeah! Phone Post
4/15/13 11:00 PM
dogfb
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

O'byrne was really struggling to stay out of the box. He played good in previous games though. 

Caps tomorrow!

4/15/13 11:06 PM
nhb1
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good game! Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 11:09 PM
Mushroom Slap
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the Bruins and the reHabs keep tanking TO could end up in second
4/16/13 2:07 AM
yusul
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also, i believe that frattin has no points because i think he's still injured. he has no hustle and doesn't move his feet. his speed isn't what it was. knee injuries are tricky to recover from and he had a prior.
4/16/13 2:08 AM
heavyweightmma

I hope we can win as many games here on out and secure a home advantage.

For the Leaf's, that's all that matter since we've practically guaranteed the playoffs this year.
4/16/13 2:20 AM
RML
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good job with this team Bryan Burke. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 10:42 AM
yusul

i'd say good job nonis. nonis is the brains behind a lot of management scouting, and he stood pat.

burke might have continually traded or made bad signings. his trades were excellent (except aulie for ashton), but his signings with a few exceptions (bozak) were awful.

with nonis blessing, the signings were dumped in the marlies.

it was rumoured he got canned because he wanted to trade kadri for luongo.
4/16/13 11:10 AM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LETMEBANGBRO - I hope Toronto stays where they are.

Would love to see the Bruins murder them.

clearly the only ones getting murdered are those in boston
4/16/13 11:14 AM
RML
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/16/13 11:18 AM
yusul - i'd say good job nonis. nonis is the brains behind a lot of management scouting, and he stood pat.

burke might have continually traded or made bad signings. his trades were excellent (except aulie for ashton), but his signings with a few exceptions (bozak) were awful.

He was canned because he knocked up a sports anchor working for the company that just bought the Maple Leafs.  A sports anchor that has a very, very, very long history of sleeping with athletes and management in both Toronto and Boston.

Nonis deserves credit for some of the dead weight he shed.. but let's not forget that the Leafs top 6 scorers this year were all Bryan Burke adds.  I'm not a huge Burke fan but the man deserves lots of credit.. he didn't get to finish the job.  Burke also said he thinks Reimer can be the man.. and the kid now has a .925 save percentage with 3 shutouts and a 17-5-5 record.  That's really quite something.

4/16/13 11:40 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lun8 - 

A tad insensitive?

Most likely.

But I chuckled anyways.

4/16/13 12:55 PM
Mushroom Slap

Lun8 - 

You crossed the line here. Unlike some of the runners.
4/16/13 1:40 PM
dogfb
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stay classy guys. Not something you should be joking about.

4/16/13 1:58 PM
Mexican Janitor
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep the beef between the Bruins and Leafs. There's a fine line of chirping though...the marathon explosion was gut-wrenching. My heart goes out to Boston Phone Post
4/16/13 3:33 PM
Mexican Janitor

A win and a Jets loss and we fucking clinch! Phone Post
4/16/13 3:59 PM
dogfb

Yeah they do!!! :)

4/16/13 7:58 PM
yusul

RML - 
yusul - i'd say good job nonis. nonis is the brains behind a lot of management scouting, and he stood pat.

He was canned because he knocked up a sports anchor working for the company that just bought the Maple Leafs.  A sports anchor that has a very, very, very long history of sleeping with athletes and management in both Toronto and Boston.

Nonis deserves credit for some of the dead weight he shed.. but let's not forget that the Leafs top 6 scorers this year were all Bryan Burke adds.  I'm not a huge Burke fan but the man deserves lots of credit.. he didn't get to finish the job.  Burke also said he thinks Reimer can be the man.. and the kid now has a .925 save percentage with 3 shutouts and a 17-5-5 record.  That's really quite something.

i didn't know that about the sports anchor. he pronged her, eh?

however, my point is that nonis was the one who did a lot of the trade negotiations, i believe he was key in getting phaneuf. also, i remember right, reimer was a jfj draft, gunnerson, schenn and possibly frattin.

i agree that burke deserves some credit, but it's more of a 50/50 deal; he is responsible for the top 6, i give you that, but first season making the playoffs after 5 tries is a pretty low batting average. especially for someone who publicly said he doesn't believe in rebuilding.
4/16/13 8:42 PM
dogfb

Awful showing right now. 

Losing every puck battle, no forechecking, sloppy passing.

So frustrating to watch. 

4/16/13 9:09 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leafs seem unmotivated and tired.

does ray ferraro annoy anyone else? I can't stand this guys commentating for some reason.
4/16/13 10:38 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man, that was ugly!

4/16/13 11:49 PM
dogfb

Lets just forget it happened and move on. NYI on thursday.

4/17/13 12:13 AM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would be embarassed to be a Leafs fan tonight.

The Leafs making the playoffs gets them 4 more games this season. That's it.
4/18/13 7:19 PM
dogfb

LUPUL!!!

4/18/13 7:21 PM
dogfb

FRANSON!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.