UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official Toronto Maple Leaf's Thread

1/14/13 8:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yusul
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PJ Benn Fan - 
yusul - ^i have little respect for him; he acts like failing 4 years is fine and will be going somewhere where he's appreciated, etc.

he sticks to his guns even if he's stupid. yah, we appreciate you making the leafs lose and failing to deliver promises. you are not liked because of your strong irish personality, riiight.

I didnt get that he thought sucking for 4 straight year was fine and he even acknowledged that ownership always has the final say and he knows that and he accepts that with his chosen line of work!

He openly admitted that had they won more, he probably isnt standing there being unemployed which I tend to agree with.

I admitted above that I didnt agree with some of the things he did.

But he never deviated from the way he does things and he still didnt change to appease new ownership.

And for that I do respect him!

Burke aside for a moment, and I wont get into the leafs history but the absolutely bad timing of this decision proves that little has changed around here and I fully expect the leafs to suck ass for another 4 years.

Not to get off track but do you think its coincidence that MLSE controls 3 pro sports teams (Raptors, Leafs, Toronto FC) and all 3 are consistantly near the worst in their respective sports???

I mean consider for a moment that Toronto FC has a pretty good following within the community. Fans attend their games and are passionate.

Yet the team continues to suck and have been through 8 coaches since 2007.

Theres a certain culture within that corporation and until that changes I dont expect much to change in regards to the Leafs on ice performance!

imo in a way it's a bad concidence. i know for a fact that they gave coangie a blank cheque, probably as well the tfc guys.

imo the idea was sound: they looked at the credentials, hired the best guy they could based on credentials (because mlse is ignorant) and hoped they win. however, they did pick bad top people.

mlse would make a lot more money and merchandise if any of the teams could make the playoffs, including their bars etc. don't forget, conangie's team made the playoffs the first year he was here then we lost bosh without compensation.

with burke, he was simply delusional. there was no way the team he had coming in was getting into the playoffs. i think you said why the kessel trade sucked and i agree totally. kessel is not going to be worth two top end first rounders. also, instead of giving kadri, et al a chance he was always signing useless players like connelly, komiserik, etc.

it's said in inner circles that richard peddie did interfere except when the brians got in.

anyways, i'm more optimistic because the process of hiring someone with good credentials and letting them loose will eventually pay off. it has to do more with management than the actual team.
1/17/13 11:00 AM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got tickets to 3 games at the acc
GO LEAFS GOO!!
1/17/13 2:37 PM
Sex Chicken
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lun8 - Just got tickets to 3 games at the acc
GO LEAFS GOO!!

What gate do you want to meet at? I'll buy the beers.

1/18/13 2:55 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sex Chicken - 
Lun8 - Just got tickets to 3 games at the acc
GO LEAFS GOO!!

What gate do you want to meet at? I'll buy the beers.

hahaha the seats suck tho there all purple section
1/19/13 5:16 PM
heavyweightmma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Game on in about 2 hours!!
1/19/13 5:32 PM
yusul
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leaf's achilles is goaltending. montreal's achilles is offense. it will be interesting to see which wins out. i'm not convinced that reimer will ever be at 100% and scrivens at his best is not as good as reimer was at his best. he will be a 901 goalie. the best goalie in the leafs system is jussi rynnas. and owaya has more top potential than scrivens as well.
1/19/13 6:54 PM
heavyweightmma

The games in 5 minutes!!
1/19/13 7:21 PM
heavyweightmma

Maybe not? . . .
1/19/13 7:34 PM
heavyweightmma

wELL LOOK AT THAT!

Kadri!!
1/19/13 7:38 PM
heavyweightmma

And a fight haha!
1/19/13 7:39 PM
Mexican Janitor

Fuck, Luongo! Don't be so quick to give up on a 22 year old prospect like Kadri. Hopefully this hold up, and not get set back 5 years for over paid players for short lived runs. can't wait for Gardnier to get back and looking forward to seeing Rielly play. Phone Post
1/19/13 7:46 PM
Sex Chicken
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They look really good so far. I think a cup run is all but guarenteed.

1/19/13 7:48 PM
heavyweightmma

I'm liking the defense so far though.
1/19/13 7:55 PM
dogfb
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes Kadri! This is your time to shine!

1/19/13 8:04 PM
heavyweightmma

Scrivens looking great, just needs to stop venturing form the goal so much.
1/19/13 8:38 PM
dogfb
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another powerplay goal!

1/19/13 8:38 PM
heavyweightmma

NICE!
1/19/13 9:19 PM
Sex Chicken

Ben Scrivesn has to be in the Vezina conversation right now.

1/19/13 9:58 PM
heavyweightmma

Good way to start off the season imo.

We looked bad offensively in the 3rd, but pretty great defensively, never really letting Montreal get set.

Kessel wasn't able to get going, but Kadri was great and made something happen almost every time he had possession of the puck.

Scrivens looked good.
1/19/13 10:24 PM
PJ Benn Fan
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heavyweightmma - Good way to start off the season imo.

We looked bad offensively in the 3rd, but pretty great defensively, never really letting Montreal get set.

Kessel wasn't able to get going, but Kadri was great and made something happen almost every time he had possession of the puck.

Scrivens looked good.

Yep good start.

Kessel had 2 assists. As long as hes involved in the scoring you know at some point he will start to light the lamp.

Kadri looked good!

1/19/13 10:29 PM
nobleplumbing
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woooohoooo Phone Post
1/19/13 10:48 PM
heavyweightmma

PJ Benn Fan - 
heavyweightmma - Good way to start off the season imo.

Scrivens looked good.

Yep good start.

Kessel had 2 assists. As long as hes involved in the scoring you know at some point he will start to light the lamp.

Kadri looked good!

Oh Kessel had the 2 assists!??!?!

Did not know. Nvm then he did good too.
1/19/13 10:51 PM
dogfb

Feels so good to win the first game.

Lets keep it up!

1/19/13 11:13 PM
heavyweightmma

dogfb - 

Feels so good to win the first game.

Lets keep it up!

Yeah definitely.

I want to see how we do against better competition also.

1/19/13 11:14 PM
Lun8

Komisarek has improved, Scrivens looked akward but got it done lol. they looked tired but a lot better defensively

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.