UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official Toronto Maple Leaf's Thread

4/11/14 9:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WhoShotYushinOkami
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogfb - 
WhoShotYushinOkami - 

37 shots given up to the Florida Panthers who are the second worst team in the league.

FLA is also the 2nd lowest scoring team yet they score 4 goals on this embarrasment of a leaf team.

Good luck Shanny, you got your work cut out for you.

Like these games even matter. 

It's better that they lose. 

Sure its better they lose.

But you would still think guys who arent guaranteed for next year play with a little fire and the guys who are still here, you would hope they want to end the season on a positive.

I mean Florida doesnt even have a 40 point scorer, thats how bad there are.

I didnt even know it was possible to gve up 37 shots to them!

4/11/14 9:59 AM
Bman15
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We're tied with Ottawa so now I hope we win on Saturday. And plus I'm going to that game. Wish it meant something tho Phone Post 3.0
4/11/14 10:03 AM
Hemlock
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A little bit of Shanny ballsweat added to the tonic today.
4/11/14 11:01 AM
dogfb
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bman15 - We're tied with Ottawa so now I hope we win on Saturday. And plus I'm going to that game. Wish it meant something tho Phone Post 3.0

if we lose to Ottawa we could get a pretty good pick. Top 10 for sure and could be as high as 6 or 7 depending on how Vancouver and Winnipeg do.

It sucks losing to Ottawa but it would be a good thing. Maybe we can salvage another Morgan Reilly level player out of this dreadful season. 

4/13/14 1:02 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well looks like we'll be picking 8th from what I can see.

Pretty fucked up to think in a 1 month span you can go from 3rd in the conference to one of the 8 worst teams in the league.

But if someone were to ask me what 1 team in pro sports could committ such an epic collapse, my leafs would have been the pick!

Looks like the raptors are trying to compete with their collapse as well!

4/13/14 1:14 AM
GROUNDnLB
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WhoShotYushinOkami -

Well looks like we'll be picking 8th from what I can see.

Pretty fucked up to think in a 1 month span you can go from 3rd in the conference to one of the 8 worst teams in the league.

But if someone were to ask me what 1 team in pro sports could committ such an epic collapse, my leafs would have been the pick!

Looks like the raptors are trying to compete with their collapse as well!

Four points in a month has to be some sort of record. At least they set some sort of record...

They must also hold the record among major city teams with regards to how long it has been since their last playoff appearance in a regular length season. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/14 4:02 AM
Mexican Janitor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tied with Winnipeg for that 8th overall pick

Our last top 10 picks in recent memory..

Kadri - 7th
Schenn - 5th
Rielly - 5th

Boston enjoyed the 2nd (Seguin) and 9th (Dougie Hamilton) at our cost

Why the fuck are we scouting the draft and not watching the playoffs next week? Lol my god these Leafs... Phone Post
4/13/14 9:40 AM
Bman15
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at the game last night. 70% leafs fans lol. Well better luck next year. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/14 9:49 AM
Stache
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bman15 - I was at the game last night. 70% leafs fans lol. Well better luck next year. Phone Post 3.0

It's sad, really. As long as they continue to get this ridiculous level of support regardless of results there won't be any sense of urgency at head office. They can just give it the old college try.
4/13/14 5:04 PM
Mexican Janitor

Same story out here in Alberta. Just as many Leaf fans as Flames and Oiler fans lol Phone Post
4/13/14 5:39 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami

They ended the season being outshot 65 times.

4/13/14 6:11 PM
Mark1

Meanwhile, the Wings make the playoffs for the 23rd straight season

Mark Phone Post 3.0
4/14/14 3:06 PM
Mexican Janitor

Raptors have the most expensive playoff tickets

"The two highest premiums for the post-season are Pacers tickets and Raptors tickets, at 211% and 242% respectively. The Raptors not only have the highest premium of any team in the playoffs, but also the highest ticket price (average price of $370.62). They also have the 3rd lowest quantity on the secondary market, with just 2,261 tickets available across the secondary market. For Raptors fans, it’s the first time since the 2007-08 season that they’ve made the playoffs. If they can get past the first round, it would be the first time they’ve done that since 2000-2001 when they beat the Knicks. With the Maple Leafs out of the NHL playoffs, to the chagrin of Toronto sports fans, come next week, the Raptors will be the only game in town."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawrence/2014/04/13/clippers-have-most-expensive-round-one-nba-playoff-tickets-south-of-the-border/

Lol wow. These guys make the playoffs for the first time in 6 years and want to charge Miami Heat ticket pricing.

We're dealing with Bell and Rogers here. They found their new money tree in MLSE and very high prices in tickets is about expected. they will scrape every dollar from the fan base. It is sad that we are about to qualify middle of the pact in a weak conference and we are charging the most for playoffs tickets. Congratulations Rogers!

We need to get AT&T and other major network companies in Canada. This company has been crapping on Canadians for decades now and I don't know why they do not stop it. They did this to the leafs for years and now the raptors.
4/14/14 5:02 PM
Mark1

Those are both teams with salary caps. Any ticket premiums are an attempt to soak the fanbase.

Before the nhl cap, Illitch used to spend big on star players. It was pretty common knowledge that they needed to advance into 2-3 rounds to break even.

It's pretty sad that the teams are soaking the fans so bad after only a mediocre season.

Mark Phone Post 3.0
4/14/14 7:48 PM
Stache
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mexican Janitor - We're dealing with Bell and Rogers here. They found their new money tree in MLSE and very high prices in tickets is about expected. they will scrape every dollar from the fan base. It is sad that we are about to qualify middle of the pact in a weak conference and we are charging the most for playoffs tickets. Congratulations Rogers!

We need to get AT&T and other major network companies in Canada. This company has been crapping on Canadians for decades now and I don't know why they do not stop it. They did this to the leafs for years and now the raptors.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's too bad they control the CRTC though. They probably spent more time on their ad campaign trying to derail Verizon's entry into the Canadian wireless market than the Leafs in the last decade.
6/30/14 4:12 PM
Hemlock
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the FUCKING IDIOTS in head office waived Tim Gleason today for purpose of buyout.

MORONS.

MORONS!
6/30/14 6:25 PM
yusul
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nah!^ gleason knows how to play d probably the best, but his footspeed was too slow so he got pulled out of position a lot. when paired with rielly it didn't work out because there was too much space to cover.

we have granberg and maybe holzer in the wings, the new guy from st. louis and gardiner, who actually was our best d last year according to stats. rielly should also be playing better and we have a chance to sign stralman and boyle, and to get rid of franson and phaneuf.
6/30/14 7:13 PM
Samsonite1084
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thoughts on Del Zotto as a pickup? Who do you all think we'll pursue?

I hear Michalek and Boyle. Both of which will be expensive to sign, so I dunno how I feel about it Phone Post 3.0
6/30/14 7:23 PM
yusul
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i haven't followed del zotto, but i heard he's defensively worse than a phaneuf, so pass.

we will pursue stasny hard, and probably boyle. there is a chance of stralman as well, but i haven't heard anything there.

boyle will be a good pickup because he has some veteran leadership, so it should be good for offensive d, and he plays in his zone better than 1/2 the leaf d.
6/30/14 7:23 PM
yusul

i wouldn't be surprised if ror is on the drawing board.
6/30/14 7:57 PM
Samsonite1084
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yusul - i haven't followed del zotto, but i heard he's defensively worse than a phaneuf, so pass.

we will pursue stasny hard, and probably boyle. there is a chance of stralman as well, but i haven't heard anything there.

boyle will be a good pickup because he has some veteran leadership, so it should be good for offensive d, and he plays in his zone better than 1/2 the leaf d.
I've thought Stasny could be a good for for years Phone Post 3.0
6/30/14 8:12 PM
yusul

could be, but stasny's had a lot of injuries. if could sign him long term, kadri's expendable with nylander coming up.

7/1/14 1:07 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami

Awesome.
We aint getting Stastny.
We aint getting Boyle.
Josh Gorges waived his no trade clause to Buffalo but wouldnt to Toronto.
Oh and we are on the verge of losing Mason Raymond.
Should be a fun year!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
7/1/14 1:09 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami

WhoShotYushinOkami - Awesome.
We aint getting Stastny.
We aint getting Boyle.
Josh Gorges waived his no trade clause to Buffalo but wouldnt to Toronto.
Oh and we are on the verge of losing Mason Raymond.
Should be a fun year!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
Oh and Bolland just robbed Florida of $27 million over 5 years.
Hes not worth that but i was hoping he would have been with us for more than 23 games.
2014-15 is going to be a rough year boys. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/14 1:23 PM
UGCTT_BTown
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First Overall pick in 2015 is looking pretty good right now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.