UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> The Rock Survivor Series 1998

1/8/13 7:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheBearStare
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay so I didnt watch wrestling during this time period. I'm very familiar with the storylines and all that. So my question is this, did people(or the internet) know that the rock was turning heel? was the surprise of the swerve kept intact? watching attitude era stuff can be exciting just because there is so much heat in the arena. when rock hugged shane and vince the audience was livid.

Also sorta related. Man,Foley got his ass really kicked in that feud(legit wise.) Maybe cause i dont watch regularly anymore and im no longer desensitized but it was hard to watch a lot of his bumps and spots, especially at the royal rumble 99 and the follow up last man standing(steel steps over the ropes.)

for the record im watching the Rock's special on netflix if anyone gets the urge.
1/8/13 8:48 PM
FCFBlazer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as I remember and this was the early days of wrestling sites, and not a lot of smart fans about, it was a shocking heel turn. It was a great period to be a fan. Phone Post
1/8/13 9:25 PM
Wee Bey Jr
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was a young lad, and I can certainly tell you that I was shocked. Stuff like that is awesome to look back on. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:46 PM
RKing85
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember fucking hating the booking of that tournament. Rock didn't have a single strong win.

joke win over Bossman in 4 seconds.

hits Shamrock with a nightstick for the pin

DQ win over Taker when Kane interfers and chokeslams Rock

Montreal Screwjob II in the final to beat Mankind.
1/9/13 12:11 AM
FCFBlazer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was booked to be a heel. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:27 AM
PoRrIDgE FC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of the great heel turns. Good times
1/9/13 1:38 PM
TheDomester
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one I watched with saw it coming, but the second it happened his path through the tournament made perfect sense. Great PPV.
1/9/13 6:34 PM
Gino_Corona
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIRC, Rock had a face/tweener turn just weeks before Survivor Series. There was no reason to believe that they were turning him heel again so soon, especially considering that he was getting more and more over with the crowd. I don't think anyone saw it coming. I didn't.

One of the boldest moves by WWE imo. Phone Post
1/9/13 9:31 PM
Sofa King Cool
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was a huge heel who started to slowly get a positive reaction. He was huge over by the time that PPV rolled around.

Excellent heel turn. Well written story line. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.