UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How will you remember Strikeforce?

1/8/13 11:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

Woah anyone else notice how much more lean Bigfoot is here? Way more in shape than his ufc fights.......I wonder..... Phone Post
1/8/13 11:57 PM
Hocky Balboa
8451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

The Varsity Jackets.

LOL.

I went to the opening round with those jackets.

My first and only time seeing Fedor live. Sucked to see him lose like that.

StrikeForce was the reason I got Showtime years ago. Always looked forward to their cards.

I will be cancelling Showtime after this weekend.

A tear will run down my face when I make that phone call. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:58 PM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked the part of the intro where nick diaz seems to spin like a toupee with his arms raised like a ballerina

1/9/13 1:23 AM
D241
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caposa nailed it.  Really brought back memories reading his post. Voted up without hesitation. Love post like that.

1/9/13 1:26 AM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i will remember sf in a very positive light. i fear though sf will mostly be remembered for the brawl and the post acquisition "zuffa era"

1/9/13 1:44 AM
fightsfan
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't forget ROBBIE LAWLER and SCOTT SMITH and the commentating of PAT MILETICH.

Plus the SHOWTIME event production value and quality of the broadcast.
1/9/13 1:46 AM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

When I think of Strikeforce I think of:

-Gilbert Melendez making a name for himself, losing the title, and then finally getting his revenge in one of the best fights of 2009

-Cung Le's path of destruction and then proving the doubters wrong against Frank Shamrock

-As previously mentioned, Frank Shamrock carrying the promotion on his back at times. Acting as a commentator, co-creator, and most importantly, fighter.

-When they acquired Elite XC's assets and became the most viable #2 promotion in MMA we had seen in a long time.

-Nick Diaz continuing his run and reasserting himself as one of the most exciting fighters in MMA

-The Brawl in Nashville

-Signing Fedor. Fedor/Rogers on CBS. The Werdum fight. Bigfoot. Hendo. Amazing fights

-The beginning of the Heavyweight GP and the buzz surrounding it. I attended the opening round in NJ in person and it was insane.

-The emergence of Ronda Rousey

-So many great fights and finishes

Gonna be a sad day, but the fighters deserve this move to the UFC. SF has always delivered and I'm expecting nothing different come Saturday night.

all great mma moments
1/9/13 1:57 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Diaz vs , Shamrock, Noons and Daley
Gil vs Josh fights
Fedor's fights
HW GP and Cormier's rise to the top

StrikeForce is and soon was definitely one of the best promotions ever in the business.
1/9/13 3:19 AM
Greg Southworth

For a solid 2 years Rich Chou made better fights with less talent Phone Post
1/9/13 3:21 AM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sometimes these things happen in mma Phone Post
1/9/13 3:30 AM
Tru
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 3:31 AM
Click For MMA Videos

strikeforce pre zuffa was awesome.

nick diaz vs cyborg

werdum vs fedor

cris cyborg vs gina

fond moments for me.

1/9/13 3:39 AM
gooddoc

When I think of strikeforce The first thing that comes into my mind is Tito's stuttering and very awkward announcing followed by Kimbo slice getting smashed by the Seth. Phone Post
1/9/13 4:11 AM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't forget Cung Le/Scott Smith Phone Post
1/9/13 4:14 AM
TheMessiah

Werdum beating Fedor!
Ronda beating every one!
Gracie Camp jumping Mayhem Miller! Phone Post
1/9/13 4:17 AM
behzad

Scott Smith v Cung Le

Not sure why. Phone Post
1/9/13 4:35 AM
Dirk Bevlin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gooddoc - When I think of strikeforce The first thing that comes into my mind is Tito's stuttering and very awkward announcing followed by Kimbo slice getting smashed by the Seth. Phone Post
Wasn't that EliteXC? Though, I think they were finally purchased by Strikeforce. Phone Post
1/9/13 5:30 AM
BrunoMcGyver
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paul Daley KO'ing Scott Smith. One of my fav KO's ever in MMA.
1/9/13 5:32 AM
Beggsie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor losing to Werdum and Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley. Phone Post
1/9/13 5:48 AM
Motivated Penn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz - Paul Daley :D

These things happen in MMA

Mayhem Miller's walkouts.

Fedor's rough streak.
1/9/13 5:53 AM
Lex_o

"I wil remember you will you remember me?" My first mma event live Diaz vs Daley. Nick Diaz pulling the camera guy n pointing to a downed dirty cheap shot Daley. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:09 AM
Xuh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 7:11 AM
these lists in the thread make me realise strikeforce has had more 'memorable moments' / bouts than any other org in the past few years for me at least.
1/9/13 7:14 AM
caposa
1701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tatooedMillionaire - one of my favorite moments

On the undercard of the Overeem/Werdum card Conor Heun fought Magno Almeida and had his arm basically snapped in a deeeeeeep armbar and fought back to win. Was simply unbelievable. Not many people have seen the fight but my god if you enjoy grappling it's a priceless gem.
I remember this. Great fight. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:37 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strikeforce = Frank Shamrocks tight pants/Bald Jacare/Nate Marquardt's Elbows of Doom/Sometimes these things happen in MMA.
1/9/13 7:42 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another promotion killed by emperor fedor.

Diaz-daley
Aoki-Gil
The best American MMA crowd at the NJ show
Cormier Phone Post
1/9/13 8:01 AM
choadler
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will miss it greatly. Very sad its going. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.