UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Need writers for MMAHallofFame.com nominee bios

1/9/13 4:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FatBuddha
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
FatBuddha - I also would like to request dibs on Yori Nakamura and Erik Paulson

Done - hoping you can do all five in a week??!?

Hi Kirik - thanks for what you wrote in the other message. Yes, I can get all 5 done if what you mean by a week is a week from today (so from today, wednesday that would be roughly the evening of Tuesday 1/15) and if 1 to 5 paragraphs are ok (i.e. some of them could be 2-3 paragraphs).

Do you want it in the form of a short biography of their mma related accomplishments or phrased as an argument (i.e. Royce Gracie should be in the mma.tv hall of fame for the following reasons...)?

Also, am I correct in understanding our name and website link goes by the bio? :)

Either way, I'll get it done for you, no worries.
1/9/13 4:36 AM
FatBuddha
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

btw Kirik: I don't know if these selections are finalized already, but I could write a 6th entry on Jigoro Kano for the pioneer era as he was the one who taught Mitsuyo Maeda who got the whole ball in motion.
1/9/13 4:37 AM
FatBuddha

also I don't have enough info to write a bio but you may want to consider Pedro Hemeterio for the pioneer era as well
1/9/13 4:42 AM
Rabid Bunyip
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dibs on Tank Abbott Phone Post
1/9/13 5:16 AM
Theflesh22
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yo Kirik, long time lurker; not often poster here, cool if I DIBS SHOGUN? In like flint.
1/9/13 7:57 AM
KidPittsburgh
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a semi-professional writer; I'd love to help out here.
Any chance I can get dibs on Renzo?
1/9/13 8:01 AM
Kirik
1597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
dreamgirl - Yay, I Dibsed John Lewis. :)

Kirik, you have mail!

Dibsed and thanks!

1/9/13 8:01 AM
Kirik
1597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
HitsToTheDome - Dana White...dibs?

Done, and thank you.

1/9/13 8:32 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Alpha Omega - Hey Kirik, I am a journalism student and would like an opportunity to practice my writing skills. PM me the guys that no one else wants to do and I will research them and write a quality piece on them.

Email sent - thank you, very much.

1/9/13 8:41 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Tap In - Actually Barry Sanders was in the NFL 1989-1998, if you the 10 year rule were in the NFL, he wouldn't be in the HOF!

Just finished the BJ one, but I'm going to wait til tomorrow to send it because I always think of good stuff after I hit send.

Let me know if you like the BJ I give you, if so I'll do Forrest next

I am having difficulty following your line of reasoning. Sanders was drafted in 89, and elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2004.

15>10

1/9/13 8:42 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
BrunoMcGyver - Would you consider having Melvin Manhoef as part of the list? He had his first MMA fight in 1995, and it can be argued that he has been a top staple in mma outside of the UFC.

If yes, then I would like to please dibs him. Thanks!

Thank you! Nomination being added now.

1/9/13 8:49 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
FatBuddha - 
Kirik - 
FatBuddha - I also would like to request dibs on Yori Nakamura and Erik Paulson

Done - hoping you can do all five in a week??!?

Hi Kirik - thanks for what you wrote in the other message. Yes, I can get all 5 done if what you mean by a week is a week from today (so from today, wednesday that would be roughly the evening of Tuesday 1/15) and if 1 to 5 paragraphs are ok (i.e. some of them could be 2-3 paragraphs).

Do you want it in the form of a short biography of their mma related accomplishments or phrased as an argument (i.e. Royce Gracie should be in the mma.tv hall of fame for the following reasons...)?

Also, am I correct in understanding our name and website link goes by the bio? :)

Either way, I'll get it done for you, no worries.

That would be very, very awesome.

Looking for a short bio that touches on the highlights of their career, but not an explicit argument for why they should be inducted.

Name of writer goes on profile, plus link to twitter or blog or webpage or whatever you want.

1/9/13 8:53 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
FatBuddha - btw Kirik: I don't know if these selections are finalized already, but I could write a 6th entry on Jigoro Kano for the pioneer era as he was the one who taught Mitsuyo Maeda who got the whole ball in motion.

To the best of my knowledge, Jigoro Kano had no involvement in MMA, other than opposing it. This is no slight on Judo. Dan Gable for example has trained plenty of people that went on to have success in the sport, and wrestling is super important to MMA, but he had no significant involvement in the field, so would not be elegible. The Hall of Fame is explicitly designed to honor the people whose great efforts went towards further MMA, however named, and Kano, a great, great, great man, would not be on of those people.

Maybe next year there can be a category to honor people who are greats in the parent sports of MMA, and then he would be hugely elegible.

1/9/13 8:59 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
FatBuddha - also I don't have enough info to write a bio but you may want to consider Pedro Hemeterio for the pioneer era as well

Great suggestion. I meant to add him, but had not yet. Thank you.

1/9/13 9:01 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Rabid Bunyip -  Dibs on Tank Abbott Phone Post

If a name says DIBS before it on the list, and someone on the thread says they have dibsed it (or in this case, two people have) then it is dibsed already, and cannot be disbed.

1/9/13 9:02 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Theflesh22 - Yo Kirik, long time lurker; not often poster here, cool if I DIBS SHOGUN? In like flint.

Thank you very much. Name has been dibsed. Look forward to seeing the piece within a week.

1/9/13 9:03 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
KidPittsburgh - I'm a semi-professional writer; I'd love to help out here.

You got it and with thanks!

1/9/13 9:08 AM
KidPittsburgh
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
KidPittsburgh - I'm a semi-professional writer; I'd love to help out here.

You got it and with thanks!

Fantastic--and you're welcome! I'll stop the presses and get it to you directly.
1/9/13 9:16 AM
halfninja

Can I get Dibs on Ricardo Almeida?
1/9/13 9:27 AM
halfninja

Can I get Dibs on Ricardo Almeida?
1/9/13 9:41 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
halfninja - Can I get Dibs on Ricardo Almeida?

Thank you very much man! Is all set. I look forward to seeing the results within a week!

1/9/13 10:23 AM
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll do Vitor
Pm me Phone Post
1/9/13 10:52 AM
Blott Scevins
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll take Nick Diaz Phone Post
1/9/13 11:10 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
sparkuri -  I'll do Vitor
Pm me Phone Post

All set, I look forward to seeing piece within a week.

1/9/13 11:11 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Blott Scevins -  I'll take Nick Diaz Phone Post

Thank you, name is dibsed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.