UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Need writers for MMAHallofFame.com nominee bios

1/9/13 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Zacharinho
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can I dibs Shawn Tompkins? Phone Post
1/9/13 11:27 AM
UGCTT_Zacharinho
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can I dibs Shawn Tompkins? Phone Post
1/9/13 11:29 AM
HitsToTheDome
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
Tap In - Actually Barry Sanders was in the NFL 1989-1998, if you the 10 year rule were in the NFL, he wouldn't be in the HOF!

Just finished the BJ one, but I'm going to wait til tomorrow to send it because I always think of good stuff after I hit send.

Let me know if you like the BJ I give you, if so I'll do Forrest next

I am having difficulty following your line of reasoning. Sanders was drafted in 89, and elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2004.

15>10

Tap In... You don't have to be ACTIVE FOR 10 years, you are only eligible after 10 years from when you first became active in the sport.
(Brock Lesnar started in 2007. He was only active in the sport for 5 years not 10. He would still be eligible after 10 years from when he started, which would be 2017)
1/9/13 11:29 AM
UGCTT_Zacharinho

And Gary Goodridge please. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:26 PM
Kirik
2047 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 12:26 PM
The UnderGround, Mayor
UGCTT_Zacharinho -  Can I dibs Shawn Tompkins? Phone Post

Yours, thank you very much for that.

1/9/13 12:27 PM
Kirik
2047 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
UGCTT_Zacharinho -  And Gary Goodridge please. Phone Post

I look forward to the contribution.

1/9/13 12:50 PM
GrappleGirl
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:-( I got left out lol
1/9/13 2:15 PM
tontobalboa
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dibs on Tito
1/9/13 2:28 PM
Tap In
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HitsToTheDome - 
Kirik - 
Tap In - Actually Barry Sanders was in the NFL 1989-1998, if you the 10 year rule were in the NFL, he wouldn't be in the HOF!

Just finished the BJ one, but I'm going to wait til tomorrow to send it because I always think of good stuff after I hit send.

Let me know if you like the BJ I give you, if so I'll do Forrest next

I am having difficulty following your line of reasoning. Sanders was drafted in 89, and elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2004.

15>10

Tap In... You don't have to be ACTIVE FOR 10 years, you are only eligible after 10 years from when you first became active in the sport.
(Brock Lesnar started in 2007. He was only active in the sport for 5 years not 10. He would still be eligible after 10 years from when he started, which would be 2017)

Cool, yea I didn't get that til Kirik's response, thanks for the clarification my bad!
1/9/13 2:29 PM
ChrisHowie
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The sport truly needs something like this.

1/9/13 2:39 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
tontobalboa - Dibs on Tito

All set. Email please to Kirik@MMA.tv within a week.

1/9/13 3:32 PM
HanzoSword
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can I dibs for Evan Tanner or is he taken? Phone Post
1/9/13 3:56 PM
Poker face
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Kirk, I'd like to write a piece on Dan Severn. Has he been taken yet? Phone Post
1/9/13 4:19 PM
Tap In
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gave you a BJ kirik check your mail
1/9/13 4:51 PM
UGCTT_Zacharinho

Emailed you Shawn Tompkins' bio around 2 est Phone Post
1/9/13 4:51 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
HanzoSword -  Can I dibs for Evan Tanner or is he taken? Phone Post

All set and thanks!

1/9/13 4:52 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
Poker face -  Hey Kirk, I'd like to write a piece on Dan Severn. Has he been taken yet? Phone Post

Looking forward to reading what you have for Dan!

1/9/13 5:06 PM
therobbie182

Can i get dib on Mike Brown?
1/9/13 6:19 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
therobbie182 - Can i get dib on Mike Brown?

Stole it from me ya bastid! :-)

Seriously though, thank you. I look forward to seeing it.

1/9/13 9:50 PM
BENDOver and Take it Like a Diaz
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik can you please reply to my non-HOF email. Phone Post
1/10/13 2:59 AM
simonpe

Why should there be actors, who never had any pro fights, in the MMA hall of fame?

Makes no sense... Phone Post
1/10/13 3:02 AM
simonpe

Kirik -
Tap In -  Also Dana and Forrest lol. Where's Brock? Nick Diaz but no Brock? Phone Post

Minimum of 10 years professional experience in the MMA space before nomination.

So how does Bruce Lee fit in? Phone Post
1/10/13 3:40 AM
DreamerMMA
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
simonpe -  Why should there be actors, who never had any pro fights, in the MMA hall of fame?

Makes no sense... Phone Post

Because MMA is more than just 2 people fighting in a cage.  The MMA hall of fame decided to recognize others who've had a major impact on the sport.

Guys like Joe Rogan and Big John McCarthy are not fighters but are probably better known than 95% of the people who've ever fought in the octagon.  One cannot deny their fame, their impact on the sport and their contributions.

Bruce Lee was a man who revolutionized martial arts in his own way.  He believed you should train everything and take what works for you.  There was no one secret style, no death touches, there was hard training, focus, discipline, skill, spirit and an open mind about learning new things.   His fame certainly cannot be denied nor his impact on the martial arts world. 

So many fighters and fans fondly remember his movies.  Some of the younger generation may love Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Tony Jaa, but even they cast a pale shadow next to the legend that was Bruce Lee.  His philosophies and ideas on fighting is something you'll find in fighters and trainers throughout the world.  His impact may seem insignifant to some but the kung fu movie fan of yesterday is very likely the MMA fan and fighter of today.

I

1/10/13 3:48 AM
ilovetortillas
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Dibs on Debi, please, boss! :D Phone Post
1/10/13 7:18 AM
hackett
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
UGCTT_Benwahwah -  Wow I just realised that I never got the Fedor piece done that I had dibsed sorry about that.

I'll dibs him now and have it done for you within the next 24 hours. Once that's sorted I will claim another name and so on. Phone Post

It is dibsed!

Ugh, I did the same thing and flaked on getting you that Carlson Gracie piece. I'm really sorry, Kirik.

Maybe I can make it up to you with a profile on Enson Inoue? I've spent a good deal of time with him and am very familiar with his career.

I could get it to you tomorrow night, no problem.

TH

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.