UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva predicts early Belfort KO over Bisping

1/8/13 9:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Wanderlei Silva believes Vitor Belfort can KO Michael Bisping in first two rounds

I have to agree with the Axe Murderer on this one. I don't think Bisping chin is that good, or his stand up is a great as everyone say's it is. Bisping has gotten rocked by just about everyone he has fought. Silva, Akiyama, Rivera, Sonnen, Stann and even Miller with that horrible stand up of his in that fight. Look what Belfort did to Akiyama who has a solid chin, Bisping has zero chance surviving the early rounds.

1/8/13 9:16 PM
yellow wrkahlc

No sir, Bisping wins a decision.

1/8/13 9:18 PM
MarkRobinson
1427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im inclined to agree. Although id say that Bispings boxing is a bit more technically solid than Belforts. If he can avoid a really big shot, i wouldnt be surprised to see him win a decision like he probably (ircc) would have done against Wand if not for that last few seconds. 

My money would definitely be on Belfort though. 

1/8/13 9:20 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grimreapers -

Source: Wanderlei Silva believes Vitor Belfort can KO Michael Bisping in first two rounds

I have to agree with the Axe Murderer on this one. I don't think Bisping chin is that good, or his stand up is a great as everyone say's it is. Bisping has gotten rocked by just about everyone he has fought. Silva, Akiyama, Rivera, Sonnen, Stann and even Miller with that horrible stand up of his in that fight. Look what Belfort did to Akiyama who has a solid chin, Bisping has zero chance surviving the early rounds.

Out of all his 20 plus fights he's been rocked by most people ? Phone Post
1/8/13 9:21 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grimreapers -

Out of all his 20 plus fights he's been rocked by most people ? Phone Post
1/8/13 9:22 PM
Ip Man 81

Grimreapers -

Zero chance? Like 0%? What math helped you figure that out? The dude has got a GREAT chin. Just curious, how do u rate Frankie Edgar's chin? Phone Post
1/8/13 9:28 PM
SHOGUN250
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping was rocked/dropped by Rivera, Wanderlei, Kang, smoked by Hendo... his chin really isn't that good. Belfort has significantly more power than all of them except maybe Hendo, and it really isn't that farfetched to see him starch Bisping rather quickly.
1/8/13 9:31 PM
Bad Monkey
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping is hittable when he is being swarmed.  If you get him to take a step back and run at him swinging you can hit him.  Vitor is pretty good at that.  Bisping has to be perfect to win.  Vitor just has to be Vitor.

Btw I think Bisping is underrated but this is a bad matchup for him.  He'd have been better off fighting Weidman, imo.

1/8/13 9:32 PM
homegrowncone
600 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dunno what you read but that's not what Silva said

1/8/13 10:12 PM
Grimreapers

SHOGUN250 - Bisping was rocked/dropped by Rivera, Wanderlei, Kang, smoked by Hendo... his chin really isn't that good. Belfort has significantly more power than all of them except maybe Hendo, and it really isn't that farfetched to see him starch Bisping rather quickly.

Yep just about everyone he faces ends up rocking him badly, but are un able to finish him. Belfort ain't the type of guy that get's u hurt and can't finish u

1/8/13 10:53 PM
Haulport

Bisping doesn't have the power to keep Vitor at bay and Vitor has good takedown defense. Vitor will come in swinging, as he usually does, Bisping will drop his hands, as he usually does, and get KO/TKO'd..............

1/8/13 10:54 PM
Dazednconfused
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm saying Bisping makes a statement and TKO's Vitor. Phone Post
1/8/13 10:57 PM
Mdson
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping has gotten rocked by many people but only KO'd once. Hmm, doesn't that make his chin rather good?

I think Belfort can knock Bisping out, but I think Bisping can take a decision or even TKO Belfort also. What if Vitor doesn't land that big punch? Bisping can put on a great pace and overwhelm Belfort, but who the fuck knows. I wouldn't bet on this fight.

1/8/13 11:21 PM
omlet de fromage

Bisbing is going to be shooting for takedown which hopefully won't tire out Vitor. Phone Post
1/9/13 2:33 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

homegrowncone -

. Phone Post
1/9/13 4:15 AM
michelleNrogersdumpsterbaby

UGCTT_mousetrap - 
homegrowncone -

. Phone Post

He ment to say Vitor wins via TKO by punches to back of the head
1/9/13 4:22 AM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at this nonsense about a weak chin. Phone Post
1/9/13 4:26 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just so you all know, if Bisping wins, I'm going to bump every one of these threads I see between now and fight night.  If Bisping loses, I'll just pretend I didn't post this.

Saying he has 0% chance is ridiculous.  If that was the case, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be taking bets on Vitor. Vitor has the power and BJJ advantage, Bisping has cardio, stand-up technique and better wrestling imo.  Bispings biggest problem is that he leaves his chin in the air when he backpedals, but if he gets out of the first round or two Vitor's cardio is questionable.  You've got two fighters facing guys whos biggest strength is their biggest weakness.  Could go either way.

1/9/13 4:31 AM
Uncle Muay Thai
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping wins via 2nd round tko Phone Post
1/9/13 7:21 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused - I'm saying Bisping makes a statement and TKO's Vitor. Phone Post
I have a bad feeling that you may be right. Not a bad thing though, I'd love to see Anderson toy with Bisping. Phone Post
1/9/13 8:54 AM
El Ninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Folks are sleeping on Bisping IMO. Yeah he's fallen shy a couple of times, so has Vitor.
His chin is solid, he's been rocked, he's fought good opponents. I can really see him wearing Vitor out and taking this one. Phone Post
1/9/13 9:18 AM
Juzz

SHOGUN250 - Bisping was rocked/dropped by Rivera, Wanderlei, Kang, smoked by Hendo... his chin really isn't that good. Belfort has significantly more power than all of them except maybe Hendo, and it really isn't that farfetched to see him starch Bisping rather quickly.

Hendo might have more power in his shots than Belfort.... but belfort comes in flurries... once he tags Bisping once he won't stop.

1/9/13 10:21 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

ROFL!! Bisping takes this with unprecedented ease. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.