UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How many fighters are athiest?

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1/8/13 9:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LastRowCarl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or members of the ug for that matter...

Seems like the days of every fighter thanking god are somewhat over, even though alot of brasilians still give praise .... its all speculation, but im just wondering if there are any open about it on social media? Phone Post
1/8/13 9:59 PM
GnP Sonnen

I am Phone Post
1/8/13 10:05 PM
LastRowCarl

superCalo - Every uFc champion is christian, i am sure there some journeymen in lessor organisations who are atheists however Phone Post
This is true.. one time tim sylvia thanked *Gad* 5 times Phone Post
1/8/13 10:24 PM
Johnny_Bunzels
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7?

Yea definitely 7 Phone Post
1/8/13 10:29 PM
shin2chin
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Me too.
1/8/13 10:51 PM
atrocityexhibit
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure Frank Mir is actually an atheist.

Probably some of the Japanese fighters. Over half of all Japanese people say they don't believe in god.
1/8/13 10:53 PM
Dazednconfused
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johnny_Bunzels - 7?

Yea definitely 7 Phone Post
Nah it's actually 9. It's on the UFC website under fighter religion. Phone Post
1/8/13 10:57 PM
UGSlapshot

I don't want to know if a fighter is religious. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:20 PM
knuckleballs

Mir is. I would put money down that Barnett is. Monson is. I bet Joe Rogan is. Hardy isn't from a religious-fundamentalist country, either, so he stands a good chance.
1/8/13 11:21 PM
k1levelstriking
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs - Mir is. I would put money down that Barnett is. Monson is. I bet Joe Rogan is. Hardy isn't from a religious-fundamentalist country, either, so he stands a good chance.
Rogans religious views are complex Phone Post
1/8/13 11:22 PM
UGSlapshot

knuckleballs - Mir is. I would put money down that Barnett is. Monson is. I bet Joe Rogan is. Hardy isn't from a religious-fundamentalist country, either, so he stands a good chance.
LoL at Rogan being religious hope you don't really think so and Barnett doesn't seem to be at all religious either. Phone Post
1/8/13 11:36 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knuckleballs - Mir is. I would put money down that Barnett is. Monson is. I bet Joe Rogan is. Hardy isn't from a religious-fundamentalist country, either, so he stands a good chance.

England is pretty damn religious.  They even have a state-run church (Church of England).

1/8/13 11:38 PM
iamjohnny

Atheist and don't care what a fighter believes in.
1/8/13 11:39 PM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As long as Brazilians and Americans are the dominant nationalities in the sport, there will always be a shitload of Christians in the UFC.  People from the Americas (North, South, and Central) love them some Jesus.

1/8/13 11:54 PM
atrocityexhibit
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
knuckleballs - Mir is. I would put money down that Barnett is. Monson is. I bet Joe Rogan is. Hardy isn't from a religious-fundamentalist country, either, so he stands a good chance.

England is pretty damn religious.  They even have a state-run church (Church of England).

Many European countries don't have a constitutional separation of church and state like the United States does, but individual citizens there are much less religious than Americans on average.
1/9/13 12:05 AM
knuckleballs

UGSlapshot - 
LoL at Rogan being religious hope you don't really think so and Barnett doesn't seem to be at all religious either. Phone Post

You didn't understand me; Mir is. Monson is, Rogan, i bet is, an athiest.
1/9/13 12:09 AM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These threads never go well.
I'm anyway... Sorry op Phone Post
1/9/13 12:10 AM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*in anyway Phone Post
1/9/13 12:12 AM
knuckleballs

Steve4192 - 

You obviously have never living in England. The English are very secular people.

The UK has a 12% church attendance. The US is 43%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_attendance
1/9/13 12:23 AM
UGSlapshot

knuckleballs -
Steve4192 - 

You obviously have never living in England. The English are very secular people.

The UK has a 12% church attendance. The US is 43%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_attendance
Ah gotcha. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:27 AM
UGSlapshot

Jimmy Rustler -

Frank Mir is an atheist and he is teaching that crap to his kids too who are gonna grow up without God in their life... kinda sad situation

At least he's not pumping them full of bullshit.

Fucking Christians might not be the most nutty of the fruitcakes but they are definitely in the running for most arrogant and least intellectual. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:29 AM
wisdomseeker76

I would be more interested in who is Agnostic.
I will agree there is power to be had in believing in something.
In this example:
I derive my "power" from knowing there is a God(S).
Or, I derive my "power" from knowing there are no God(S).
What about those who question everything and seek truth in everything?

The first 2 believe in something. Religon vs Atheist. God(s) vs no God(s).
Now we have something different. The Agnostic.
"I don't know". I do not have enough confirmible evidence to make an intelligent decision.
Now, which belief fosters the desire to go learn more?
Does this doubt in your martial teachings make you go be a white belt in another art?
Does it make you question what you were taught?
If so, which discipline is "right"?
BJJ, TKD, Odin, Buddha?
Space time and the infinite Abyss of non-existence?
Or the individual who seeks the truth, always being the "white belt" to his last breath.
Obviously I'm drunk and feeling Agnostic tonight.
Very interesting idea though. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:30 AM
ItBurnsWheniOG
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler -

Frank Mir is an atheist and he is teaching that crap to his kids too who are gonna grow up without God in their life... kinda sad situation

I'm all for parents who let their kids make up their own minds about religion... I personally don't believe any of it but I'll let my kids make up their own minds if they want to believe these fairytales. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:32 AM
ItBurnsWheniOG
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

I'm all for parents who let their kids make up their own minds about religion... I personally don't believe any of it but I'll let my kids make up their own minds if they want to believe these fairytales. Phone Post

at least baptise them

Lol no.... I don't go to church why would I start now? Obviously I don't hold their same morals. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:32 AM
wisdomseeker76

Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

at least baptise them

LOL. Why? Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.