UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How many fighters are athiest?

1/9/13 12:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ItBurnsWheniOG
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

Frank Mir is an atheist and he is teaching that crap to his kids too who are gonna grow up without God in their life... kinda sad situation

I'm all for parents who let their kids make up their own minds about religion... I personally don't believe any of it but I'll let my kids make up their own minds if they want to believe these fairytales. Phone Post

at least baptise them

Lol no.... I don't go to church why would I start now? Obviously I don't hold their same morals. Phone Post

go watch Passion of The Christ... Jesus Christ was the son of God... I do believe that he performed miracles. You should to.

You are probably one of those guys who believes Jesus Christ was a delusional maniac

Lol no comment about your flying spaghetti monster. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:35 AM
TheGoldenRule
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Einstein believed in a God. As in the idea that nothing can be created from nothing. He most definitely did not believe in the god of Abraham (father son holy spirit). He was way too well educated. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:38 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched a Richard Dawkins doco once and Ricky Gervais was on it. He said something like "There is nothing wrong with religion, but when that religion starts telling you to kill homosexuals that crosses the line". Is 2013- people should start to grow up there is no God. It's actually insulting that around 40% of Americans think the world is less than 10,000 years old. Always makes me laugh. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:41 AM
knuckleballs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler - 
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

Frank Mir is an atheist and he is teaching that crap to his kids too who are gonna grow up without God in their life... kinda sad situation

I'm all for parents who let their kids make up their own minds about religion... I personally don't believe any of it but I'll let my kids make up their own minds if they want to believe these fairytales. Phone Post

at least baptise them

Lol no.... I don't go to church why would I start now? Obviously I don't hold their same morals. Phone Post

go watch Passion of The Christ... Jesus Christ was the son of God... I do believe that he performed miracles. You should to.

You are probably one of those guys who believes Jesus Christ was a delusional maniac

Jimmy, theologians and fans of Religion X have had thousands of years to prove that their religion is real.... well, we are still waiting for more proof than the reply, "Well, you just got to believe it," or, "Something had to create us," or, "God, talks to me." This proves nothing.

Also, if Frank Mir was teaching his children to be an anarchist/republican/demorcrat/nazi we would say that he say that he is an asshole for pushing his opinions on his impressionable kids. Why religious people aren't viewed in the same way is baffling.
1/9/13 12:42 AM
wisdomseeker76

Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

at least baptise them

Are seriously referring to a movie to convince me that your religion is real?
If movie magic can't convince you infidels of God magic, I don't know what will.
Really?
Is that your best?
Go watch "The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy". Dolphins are the superior life form on Earth. It will blow your mind.
So long and thanks for all the fish. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:42 AM
Brian Rule
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO @ Jimmy Rustler preaching from the Church of Latter Day Trolls

Einstein spoke of believing in "Spinoza's God", which doesn't have the damnedest thing to do with a personal god. Needless to say he would consider it ridiculous to thank Jesus for winning a fight in cage.
1/9/13 12:46 AM
MdGeist

"You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being"

- Einstein

1/9/13 12:49 AM
wisdomseeker76

Jimmy Rustler -

k so why are all the champions today Christians, but the atheists like Frank Mir get their face pummeled repeatedly by Christians

That's called statistics. The same way 99.99% of all shark attacks happen in the Ocean.
No shit.
Now apply that to the general human population of the earth.
What is the ratio of religion vs atheist?
There is your answer. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:51 AM
wisdomseeker76

MdGeist -

"You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being"

- Einstein

Nice, never heard that before.
I like it.
Thanks. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:52 AM
DiscipleDojo
656 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

Jimmy's reeling 'em in big time on this one. Getting all kinds of bites.

1/9/13 12:53 AM
wisdomseeker76

Chareth Cutestory -
Jimmy Rustler - 

k so why are all the champions today Christians, but the atheists like Frank Mir get their face pummeled repeatedly by Christians

Correlation does not imply causation.
Great, now I gotta look that shit up. Sounds dope!
Thanks for making me smarter. :-) Phone Post
1/9/13 1:05 AM
wisdomseeker76

Brian Rule - LMAO @ Jimmy Rustler preaching from the Church of Latter Day Trolls

Einstein spoke of believing in "Spinoza's God", which doesn't have the damnedest thing to do with a personal god. Needless to say he would consider it ridiculous to thank Jesus for winning a fight in cage.
My friends and I are always commenting on that.
If 2 devote "Christians" fight in a cage. Does God favor one over the other?
If so, which one? The winner or the loser?
"Maybe God needs to teach the loser a valuable life lesson". Believe in more God and you will win pussy? LOL
Maybe its to pick thyself up from defeat and struggle on to victory in the kingdom of Heaven? LOL
Maybe it's a simple way to relieve the pressure.
God has chosen my path. Phone Post
1/9/13 1:35 AM
Mr Sponge
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot -
Jimmy Rustler -

At least he's not pumping them full of bullshit.

Fucking Christians might not be the most nutty of the fruitcakes but they are definitely in the running for most arrogant and least intellectual. Phone Post
. Phone Post
1/9/13 2:02 AM
Johan Von Brügermëister

Jimmy Rustler -
UGSlapshot - 
Jimmy Rustler -

Fucking Christians might not be the most nutty of the fruitcakes but they are definitely in the running for most arrogant and least intellectual. Phone Post

Albert Einstein believed in God, so there goes your argument, retard.

Albert Einstein was autistic and couldn't speak till he was like 3. Sure he was smart but to pretend like he's the greatest mind the world has ever known is just ignorant. To think that just his belief in god validates your argument is shockingly dumb Phone Post
1/9/13 2:08 AM
RowdyBec
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe in sunshine, rainbows & lollipops :)

1/9/13 2:09 AM
Team GDP
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

atheist here

1/9/13 2:34 AM
scaredy cat
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm more interested in whether any fighter has made a pact with the Devil at a crossroads and how that worked out for them.
1/9/13 2:38 AM
Team GDP
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scaredy cat - I'm more interested in whether any fighter has made a pact with the Devil at a crossroads and how that worked out for them.

i like the way you think

1/9/13 3:15 AM
Attila
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler - 
UGSlapshot - 
Jimmy Rustler -

Albert Einstein believed in God, so there goes your argument, retard.

Oh really?  Then please explain this letter Einstein wrote, which recently aucitoned on eBay for $3 million:

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them.

Or how about this one:

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

You can also find several quotes where Einstein mentions God, such as:

• I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.
  • Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.
  • God does not play dice with the universe.
  • God is subtle but he is not malicious
Here he's unambiguously invoking the word "God" only in a pantheist (essentially poetic) sense.  He could not possibly have been any more clear of this in his writings.
1/9/13 4:46 AM
Cojendo
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wisdomseeker76 -
Brian Rule - LMAO @ Jimmy Rustler preaching from the Church of Latter Day Trolls

My friends and I are always commenting on that.
If 2 devote "Christians" fight in a cage. Does God favor one over the other?
If so, which one? The winner or the loser?
"Maybe God needs to teach the loser a valuable life lesson". Believe in more God and you will win pussy? LOL
Maybe its to pick thyself up from defeat and struggle on to victory in the kingdom of Heaven? LOL
Maybe it's a simple way to relieve the pressure.
God has chosen my path. Phone Post
My brother and I have had this discussion on numerous occasions.

Post fight quotes that we'd love to hear:
"Thank you Jesus for my defeat today!" or "Fuck you Jesus! I believed and dedicated my life to you and you let me lose!" Phone Post
1/9/13 4:50 AM
Cojendo
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -

I believe in sunshine, rainbows & lollipops :)

God makes rainbows but the devil makes lollypops... This is the new paradox of the ages!!!!! Phone Post
1/9/13 5:27 AM
donkypunch55
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm an atheist. Not because I want to be.
It would make my life and impending death so much simpler if I could believe that my soul was eternal. If I believed in something otherworldly and omnipotent that could provide me strength and succor in trying times.
Alas, I cannot because logic and proof and reason have prohibited me from attaching myself to something simply because it feels good and makes me happy.
Truth and reason couldn't care less what I WANT to believe.

Still, it also makes me value and cherish this single life that I do have. For me life is incredibly precious because of its brevity among other things.

Like pizza. Phone Post
1/9/13 6:13 AM
Iskalainen
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the reason the vast majority of the UFC roster seems religious is that they thank their deity either verbally or with some kind of gesture. The atheistic/agnostic fighters don't thank their lack of faith for giving them the power to win fights.

It also seems a very cultural thing, where USA/Brazil (where most fighters come from atm) expect citizens to be christian. On the other hand, here in Scandinavia it is almost taboo to thank God for an athletic accomplishment.
1/9/13 6:15 AM
john joe
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
knuckleballs - Mir is. I would put money down that Barnett is. Monson is. I bet Joe Rogan is. Hardy isn't from a religious-fundamentalist country, either, so he stands a good chance.

England is pretty damn religious.  They even have a state-run church (Church of England).

its not at all; i live there and nobody under 50 cares about church or believes in god. Except the muslims obviously, they are hooked on it from an early age
1/9/13 6:25 AM
Fight! UK Online
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighter and atheist.

In terms of 'Christians' in the UK, you'll find even the vast majority of those that attest to be don't actually practice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.