UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How many fighters are athiest?

1/9/13 1:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DarrenMullen - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

All of the highly intelligent ones are Atheist. Phone Post

Atheism - The belief there was absolutely NOTHING. Then nothing happened to the NOTHING until it magically exploded creating EVERYTHING everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded EVERYTHING magically rearranged itself for no reason into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Sounds intelligent to me!

Someone doesn't understand atheism. Lol.

Never mind son. Phone Post

Far enough...I really don't. I'm not religious but don't have any other answer to how the universe is here.

Just curious...prior to the big bang, there was no matter, time, space...nothing. What caused it all to come into existence?

Nobody really knows... Thats the point.
1/9/13 1:48 PM
6ULDV8
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they're athiest how are you going to know.

It's not like they're going to thank no greater power because there isn't one in their post-fight speech.  That would just be weird.

1/9/13 2:11 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

Atheism - The belief there was absolutely NOTHING. Then nothing happened to the NOTHING until it magically exploded creating EVERYTHING everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded EVERYTHING magically rearranged itself for no reason into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Far enough...I really don't. I'm not religious but don't have any other answer to how the universe is here.

Just curious...prior to the big bang, there was no matter, time, space...nothing. What caused it all to come into existence?
No idea but I certainly don't believe in a supernatural being for which this is zero evidence to support its existence.

Same as fairies, ghosts, werewolves etc...

The religious argument is that things can't 'just be here' something HAD to create it. This is fine until you question them on where God came from?

The answer being "he was just there".

Can you see the hypocrisy?

Now if people want to believe, that's fine by me, just don't preach it as fact.

I also oppose the brainwashing of children to any kind of belief. Whether it be atheism, Christianity, Islam etc.

Expose them to all beliefs and let them make their own choice.

There is no such thing as a Christian child, they are only Christian because of their parents. Same as any religion.

I think that's bad. Phone Post
1/9/13 2:35 PM
Yoghurt

Jimmy Rustler - 
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

Frank Mir is an atheist and he is teaching that crap to his kids too who are gonna grow up without God in their life... kinda sad situation

I'm all for parents who let their kids make up their own minds about religion... I personally don't believe any of it but I'll let my kids make up their own minds if they want to believe these fairytales. Phone Post

at least baptise them

Lol no.... I don't go to church why would I start now? Obviously I don't hold their same morals. Phone Post

go watch Passion of The Christ... Jesus Christ was the son of God... I do believe that he performed miracles. You should to.

You are probably one of those guys who believes Jesus Christ was a delusional maniac

You are getting weaker as the posts go
1/9/13 7:19 PM
Bjjudo

SamboMMA -
Bjjudo - 
Jimmy Rustler -

Frank Mir is an atheist and he is teaching that crap to his kids too who are gonna grow up without God in their life... kinda sad situation

How is that at all sad?

You know what is sad? Religious indoctrination and making your children believe in your fairy tales Phone Post

Yes and brainwashing your kids into believing that they deserve something for nothing and Liberal bullshit isn't a fairytale.

Atheism is as much of a Faith based system than Christianity or any other Religion.
You mean the millions of pieces of evidence through archaeology, mathematics, physics, geology, astronomy, genealogy etc, are all wrong that our earth us not 7k years old or any of the fairy tales in the bible.

There is not a single piece of evidence for Any of the 3,800+ gods. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:26 PM
Bjjudo

DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

Very common misconception, there was matter, when the nog bang exploded it all spread out and collected in groups (stars, then solar systems, then galaxy's)

FYI the catholic church acknowledge's the probably/existence of the big bang, they just say did did it. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:28 PM
samcarr6

Jimmy Rustler -

Whereas religious people let their children form their own views on god, and don't brainwash them into their own religion Phone Post
1/9/13 7:31 PM
samcarr6

DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

We don't know yet, but what we shouldn't do is assume that we'll never know and just attribute it to supernatural forces Phone Post
1/9/13 7:41 PM
samcarr6

Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

I'm all for parents who let their kids make up their own minds about religion... I personally don't believe any of it but I'll let my kids make up their own minds if they want to believe these fairytales. Phone Post

at least baptise them

Lol no.... I don't go to church why would I start now? Obviously I don't hold their same morals. Phone Post

go watch Passion of The Christ... Jesus Christ was the son of God... I do believe that he performed miracles. You should to.

You are probably one of those guys who believes Jesus Christ was a delusional maniac

If he thinks Jesus was a delusional maniac then he's giving the bible quite a lot of credit; that Jesus actually existed at all. Which is quite a concession given the bible's track record of telling the truth.... Phone Post
1/9/13 8:07 PM
DarrenMullen
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

samcarr6 - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

We don't know yet, but what we shouldn't do is assume that we'll never know and just attribute it to supernatural forces Phone Post

I don't think most people believe we won't. The term supernatural is relative...people say believing in a God is supernatural but quantum physics, string theory, multiverse, etc are natural theories. I don't see why it has to be either/or. I believe in the big bang...I just don't believe it just happened.
1/9/13 8:26 PM
donkypunch55
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the canadian psycho -
6ULDV8 -

It's not like they're going to thank no greater power because there isn't one in their post-fight speech.  That would just be weird.

They're going to say "Praise almighty science!" in their post-fight speech. Phone Post
Just once I'd like the winning fighter to thank his friends, family, coaches and sponsors and then close with, "...Oh and Jesus didn't have shit to do with my victory!" Phone Post
1/9/13 9:02 PM
Res ispa loquitur
594 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DarrenMullen - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

The problem is the way you and I perceive  nothing and use it colloquially vs. what physicists are learning what nothing is, and that is nothing is actually something. 

So when you say people think something came from nothing, in science that actually is something. Sounds absurd, I know, but that is what all the math and experimental evidence is telling us. 

1/9/13 9:15 PM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since you asked about UG'ers : I believe in God and Jesus Christ.  I was raised Catholic, but I don't go to church.  I pray at home because I found that a good percentage of people who attend church don't practice what they preach and are generally full of shit (not all of them, but a good percentage).

I don't mean to start any debate.  If you believe in God, if you're a fundamentalist, if you're an Athiest, if you're agnostic...whatever.  Just be a good positive person, your beliefs are your own and I don't judge anyone based upon their religion, or lack thereof.

1/9/13 9:17 PM
samcarr6

DarrenMullen -
samcarr6 - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 
DarrenMullen -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

I don't think most people believe we won't. The term supernatural is relative...people say believing in a God is supernatural but quantum physics, string theory, multiverse, etc are natural theories. I don't see why it has to be either/or. I believe in the big bang...I just don't believe it just happened.
But you believe that god made it happen?
I'm not saying that believing that a god did it is stupid, just that if you think that the fact we don't know how it all started is somehow evidence of a conscious designer, then you'rewrong Phone Post
1/9/13 9:19 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reggie Warren Jr, The Man

SLAYER!!!!!!

1/9/13 9:20 PM
samcarr6

Jimmy Rustler -
samcarr6 -
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

at least baptise them

If he thinks Jesus was a delusional maniac then he's giving the bible quite a lot of credit; that Jesus actually existed at all. Which is quite a concession given the bible's track record of telling the truth.... Phone Post
Jesus did exist... Hes written about in books not related to the bible and most scholars agree that he was a real person Phone Post
I would also agree that there was a real person of which the stories of Jesus were based on, I just don't buy any of the magic shit Phone Post
1/9/13 9:27 PM
cworley
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler -

Who's to say that's wrong .? Moms and dads have been teaching their own religion for generations. I belive theres something that had some doing in our creation, but to call It god or Allah or even Barney the dinosaur and condem others for believing something different is pretty ignorant and judgmental. If Frank wants to teach his kids atheism, more power to him. To each his own. Phone Post
1/9/13 9:32 PM
THE CACTUS KID
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 9:32 PM
Im a christian theist.
1/9/13 11:21 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say mac Danzig is atheist. I recall him being very unimpressed when matt Hughes was making them all read bibles on TUF. Phone Post
1/10/13 12:12 AM
JLTECH

I would like to thank god for letting me beat the living hell out of that man laying on the canvas Phone Post
1/10/13 12:22 AM
Bjjudo

donkypunch55 -
the canadian psycho -
6ULDV8 -

They're going to say "Praise almighty science!" in their post-fight speech. Phone Post
Just once I'd like the winning fighter to thank his friends, family, coaches and sponsors and then close with, "...Oh and Jesus didn't have shit to do with my victory!" Phone Post
This Oscar fallacy as well, just like the dead sea scrolls, they actually disprove a god and a Jesus far more than show either exist Phone Post
1/10/13 12:22 AM
quikemma

Praise Odin!
1/10/13 12:26 AM
ausgepicht

Jimmy Rustler - 
samcarr6 -
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

at least baptise them

Jesus did exist... Hes written about in books not related to the bible and most scholars agree that he was a real person Phone Post

A common lie perpetuated. That is simply not true. Most RELIGIOUS scholars may BELIEVE that, but most scholars do NOT. Stop spreading lies.

IF......IF the specific Jesus mentioned in the bible did exist, it is NOT evidence of anything BUT a man named Jesus existed. It isn't evidence of miracles or any of the other magic that happens in the bible. 

1/10/13 12:54 AM
GnP Sonnen

Jimmy Rustler -
samcarr6 -
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -
ItBurnsWheniOG - 
Jimmy Rustler -

at least baptise them

Is harry potter real too? Hes in books, and movies.

Magic is real.
David blaine fo life Phone Post
1/10/13 1:20 AM
silversurfer

If god exists and he has a master plan and that plan includes the creation of this thread then god is a complete idiot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.