UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I Don't Always Ask For The UG's Help. But When I..

1/8/13 11:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 11:19 PM

.. I do, I beg.

Yeah, there ain't no shame in my game. There are a few threads going around about this and I hate to overload the UG, but I want to sum it all up so here’s another one. You’re welcome, guys : )

Thank you to all those who have already helped with this, especially Caseharts and 2JupitersTooMany. But I still need your help to raise money for a great cause, Tap Cancer Out. TCO is a nonprofit organization that raises money for cancer on behalf of the BJJ and grappling communities. Possible FRAT.

In a nutshell this is how it went:

I started a thread, FUCK CANCER, to talk about TCO and try and get donations. Turned into a place for people like Frank, Wrecker, myself and others to share their stories about the disease and get support.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2105167&page=1

Caseharts saw this and offered to donate one of his original works of art “The Ground is My Ocean Pt1” to be raffled off for TCO for only $5 a raffle! Thread is called: “Raffling My Art Off For Cancer! Tap Out Cancer!”

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2108883&page=1

2JupitersTooMany saw this on Facebook and got in on the good deeds by offering to buy a beer for everyone who donated. (When they come Minnesota,on their own dime, of course) “Pay $5, have a beer on 2Jupes (and fight cancer)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2112693&page=1

So this leads me to now. Some people have purchased raffles, and of course I am grateful but I am hoping for so much more!

Cancer has touched everyone’s life in one way or another. We have already seen how cancer has affected some of our own, as I’m sure everyone has followed the amazing journey of Frank Edge and Frank’s Fight. On my first thread I learned about several more members who are battling the disease. For me it’s very personal. I am a soon to be two time cancer survivor. I had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma years ago. And on the 28th of this month Ill be going in for major surgery for Breast Cancer.

I’m not asking for donations for me, I don’t want or need anything. Well, maybe good thoughts on the 28th : ) I am asking on behalf of Tap Cancer Out. I want to reach the goal of putting on 4 BJJ tournaments this year and raise  $100,000! But in a few months I will need the UG’s help and support because I am trying to organize a BJJ seminar to raise more money for BJJ. Its going to be on LI,NY in May. If anyone wants more info on that or is interested in helping let me know.

Caseharts piece "The Ground is My Ocean Pt 1" will be raffled off at the end of the month. Raffles are only $5. To purchase raffles or to make a donation use the pay pal link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4S3EFLEJRJXAU

If you hate this fucking disease as much as me, then join me. You may even win this kick ass painting or get to have a beer with the infamous 2Jupiters. Now what’s better than that?

Thanks so much,

Kristen

To read more about TCO and our little raffle go to:

http://cagejunkies.com/2013/01/be-a-part-of-the-bjj-art-raffle-that-aims-to-make-cancer-tap-out/

www.tapcancerout.org

1/9/13 2:35 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/9/13 4:03 AM
PrettyBoy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for a good cause Phone Post
1/9/13 4:15 AM
Smellde Gluve
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best wishes and I LOVE that painting.

1/9/13 9:21 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Me too! Caseharts Is a very talented guy, And super sweet to donate it. And I hope the raffles make a shit Ton of money for TCO! Phone Post
1/9/13 9:47 AM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/9/13 10:58 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/9/13 11:03 AM
RickStorm
1603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

TTT

1/9/13 11:05 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck cancer!

Get over to my Charity bets thread and lay sum action for this cause!! Phone Post
1/9/13 11:06 AM
nyhcloyalty
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/9/13 11:12 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickStorm - 

TTT

this

1/9/13 12:30 PM
Krs10KO.com

Thanks y'all.

Pescardero- I have to get to your thread! I already have a screen name bet going on with a Diaz groupie. Ill see if he wants to bet for charity. He's definitely going to lose, so he may not want to part with his money. :)

And apparently I suck at embedding things. Can someone embed the 2 links in my original post?
(the links to Caseharts and 2jupiters threads?? Thanks :)
1/9/13 12:33 PM
Krs10KO.com

Hong Kong- Hows things by You and the fam?
1/9/13 3:03 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Krs10KO.com - Thanks y'all.

Pescardero- I have to get to your thread! I already have a screen name bet going on with a Diaz groupie. Ill see if he wants to bet for charity. He's definitely going to lose, so he may not want to part with his money. :)

And apparently I suck at embedding things. Can someone embed the 2 links in my original post?
(the links to Caseharts and 2jupiters threads?? Thanks :)
Looks like i got a taker for my bet this weekend and I decided if I win its going to Tap Out Cancer ;) ... You better be rooting for the 49ers. (-3) Phone Post
1/9/13 3:31 PM
Submissable
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

1/9/13 4:22 PM
Krs10KO.com

I just saw on your betting thread, Thanks Pescadero ! Phone Post
1/9/13 5:20 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Krs10KO.com - I just saw on your betting thread, Thanks Pescadero ! Phone Post
No prob... Now come on SF!! Phone Post
1/9/13 10:01 PM
Krs10KO.com

TTT Phone Post
1/10/13 1:19 AM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear

Bumpity bump!

It's a great cause, get in on this! Phone Post
1/10/13 11:16 AM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a personal gripe with cancer.

A GIGANTIC fuck you to it.

1/10/13 1:18 PM
Dougie
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTTeh

1/10/13 5:04 PM
Krs10KO.com

TTT Phone Post
1/10/13 5:06 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Do a T-Shirt presale like I , Warren n Wendy did for Frank! No outa pocket cost... We raised like $750 after all said n Done, not a ton but something.... Or do a Raffle like I have mentioned to Frank in the past. Phone Post
1/10/13 5:08 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

You should Hit up a local restaurant or Caterer and see if they will do a fundraiser BBQ for u ... They keep half to cover food costs n expense you get rest, they get good publicity and exposure and you get the help u need!

Also Raffles are great as well... Sell off 100 tickets at $100 ea for a trip somewhere that costs 5K$ ... You use the 10k brought in to buy trip for $5k then keep the rest... People are stoked to spend $100 on a shot at 5k trip, plus it's for charity and it's a limited entry amount... I'll pay $100 any day at a 100 to 1 shot at 5k value, specially if I know it's for a good cause!

Could do a trip to a UFC plus hotel n airfare ( could probably get most of the prize donated)

Just some thoughts n things I have seen work before! Phone Post
1/10/13 6:03 PM
Krs10KO.com

UGCTT_El Pescadero - Do a T-Shirt presale like I , Warren n Wendy did for Frank! No outa pocket cost... We raised like $750 after all said n Done, not a ton but something.... Or do a Raffle like I have mentioned to Frank in the past. Phone Post
I am doing a raffle, for Caseharts picture. He donated it, and at the end of the month it's being raffled off.

I wouldn't know where to begin with a T shirt!! I'm doing this on my own!

And Organizing the BJJ seminar. I just got another email from AMA, they can't wait to help. I have other guys who want to come teach too.
Thanks for the advice, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.