UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Could Bruce lee have kicked yours ass?

1/10/13 9:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sandmanscomin4u
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/10/13 10:22 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CREamed_by_DongJ - 

I don't know why I am getting shit for being honest.

I have way more legit grappling experience than Bruce, I also probably have muay thai training.

I am 6'4 210+ lbs, I have given solid purple belts in the past very competitive rolls who are the same height/weight.

How is he going to beat me up again?

weight classes exist for a reason, it wouldn't be that close of a fight, go watch Semmy Schilt bully the GP again then beep me.

I just don't get it, how is bruce lee going to beat me up?

I would dominate the clinch, I have the range on him, all he has is speed and athleticism, maybe strength, I am glad that he was strong and could do 1 finger pushups, I would ragdoll him due to sheer physics. I would hold him down and pound on him ala Thiago Silva/Vera... 

The funny thing is it's not even impressive to think you could beat him up, he was like 130 and a great actor.

All of the smaller people who have ever done well against me in training would destroy him also, lmao wtf.

Bruce Lee was one of my idols, he's a founding father of MMA, but let's not act like the myths are true.

The one thing I couldn't beat Bruce Lee in that really matters is the game of life, I could never leave a legacy that holds up to his, he's a really commendable martial artist and deserves all the respect, but I won't pretend any version of him could just walk through me.

You'd never get a hold of the man, that's a damn dream. The man fought in many real fights how many have you fought in? There is a difference you know?

Why no listen to Chuck and Gene on Bruce, the UG accepts them as legit. They will tell you fast the man was a world class martial artist and they trained with him. Are you?

Hell I'd bet I've been in more real fights then you myself. Crap when I fought NHB (no rules or time limits) I chopped a couple guys your size without really getting even touched. Your talking about trying to put grease lighting in a damn bottle.

1/10/13 12:01 PM
FightToLive
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to breed with his daughter!
1/10/13 12:09 PM
Alumynabjj

Lazer MMA - 
CREamed_by_DongJ - 

I have way more legit grappling experience than Bruce, I also probably have muay thai training.

I am 6'4 210+ lbs, I have given solid purple belts in the past very competitive rolls who are the same height/weight.

weight classes exist for a reason, it wouldn't be that close of a fight, go watch Semmy Schilt bully the GP again then beep me.

I would dominate the clinch, I have the range on him, all he has is speed and athleticism, maybe strength, I am glad that he was strong and could do 1 finger pushups, I would ragdoll him due to sheer physics. I would hold him down and pound on him ala Thiago Silva/Vera... 

The funny thing is it's not even impressive to think you could beat him up, he was like 130 and a great actor.

All of the smaller people who have ever done well against me in training would destroy him also, lmao wtf.

Bruce Lee was one of my idols, he's a founding father of MMA, but let's not act like the myths are true.

The one thing I couldn't beat Bruce Lee in that really matters is the game of life, I could never leave a legacy that holds up to his, he's a really commendable martial artist and deserves all the respect, but I won't pretend any version of him could just walk through me.

You'd never get a hold of the man, that's a damn dream. The man fought in many real fights how many have you fought in? There is a difference you know?

Why no listen to Chuck and Gene on Bruce, the UG accepts them as legit. They will tell you fast the man was a world class martial artist and they trained with him. Are you?

Hell I'd bet I've been in more real fights then you myself. Crap when I fought NHB (no rules or time limits) I chopped a couple guys your size without really getting even touched. Your talking about trying to put grease lighting in a damn bottle.

Holy crap you're trolling hard now.
1/10/13 12:30 PM
Nonlinear

Worldbeaters bro.  HARDCORE.  STREET.  REAL.  

These guys would murder everyone on the UG!

1/10/13 12:31 PM
Nonlinear

FatBuddha - I think the answer is pretty much yes he could kick the ass of this entire forum in a street fight. By all accounts, his striking was Anderson Silva-like, and he trained his mind and body like no other.

HE'S ANDERSON SILVA-LIKE BRAH!

1/10/13 12:51 PM
Lazer MMA

Alumynabjj - 
Lazer MMA - 
CREamed_by_DongJ - 

Yea why listen to Chuck & Gene? WTF do they know?

The UG, LOL!
1/10/13 1:54 PM
Kuroi Kaze
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bruce Lee is sort of America's last Santa-Claus...a guy who died on top in the pre-internet information age.  It is suicide in the martial arts community to talk bad about Bruce Lee or even realisitically about him.  Anyone who gets their paycheck from credit in the MA world basically has to tell you Lee is godlike and nobody would ever beat him.  Realistically there's very little chance he'd do well in MMA without extensive MMA training and even then we really know nothing about his chin, heart, stamina or other factors that would play into his success.

Sure it's all speculation because that's all that's left at this point but I don't see how a skeptical analytical look at Bruce Lee would come to any other conclusion than that, of course, there are numerous trained, in shape, and much larger people on the UG that would KO/Sub Bruce Lee in any venue.

If I could get Lee to the ground I could probably take him but I lack the wrestling and speed to confidently say I could do that and my striking needs a lot of work still.

1/10/13 1:58 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes he would kick my ass. I would be star struck in the pure awesome that is Bruce Lee
1/10/13 2:33 PM
Alumynabjj

Nonlinear - 
FatBuddha - I think the answer is pretty much yes he could kick the ass of this entire forum in a street fight. By all accounts, his striking was Anderson Silva-like, and he trained his mind and body like no other.

That is beautiful technique. Thanks for the link Nonlinear.

Fatbuddha, I apologize. There is no way I could hit, let alone beat up, a man that throws his punches from his mid section while hopping around like a jack rabbit. Those punches were so fast that they created an optical illusion where they looked slow. Lastly, the power just insane. That bag had to weigh close to 400 pounds.

Compare that to a bullshit modern fighter. They just look so slow and week compared to the great one.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyD79cpjdt4?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyD79cpjdt4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
1/10/13 2:38 PM
Alumynabjj

Lazer MMA - 
Alumynabjj - 
Lazer MMA - 
CREamed_by_DongJ - 

Yea why listen to Chuck & Gene? WTF do they know?

The UG, LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nst4V8BKNF0
1/10/13 2:57 PM
Lazer MMA

wiggum - I guess I'll jump in.

I'm a little dude (135). But I was a good college wrestler and a good mixed martial artist. I would have beaten up Bruce Lee.

But I respect the shit out of him.

Dude you're a friend and we're mad cool but that's delusional bro. It's most likely you'd get KTFO without even touching him. Why do you ignore what Chuck and Gene say?

Would they call you a world class martial artist too?
1/10/13 3:26 PM
Lazer MMA

Can I laugh in your face?
1/10/13 6:04 PM
HoomanCan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugar Dick - 

No. Back then they didn't have strength training like they do now. I would out power him

I think you have your facts wrong. Bruce had a very extensive strength and conditioning program. He designed his own weight training equipment that was years ahead of his time. He was blending raw steak and whole eggs with the egg shells included in his protein shakes long before you were slurping your muscle milk and super mass 6000 shakes.

For you other Hong Kong Phuey wannabees that think you could own Bruce I think you should stick to beating up people over the internet keyboard warrior style. Bruce Lee would close the distance on you with lightning speed and kick you on your ass before you even thought of shooting a double leg.

There's photos of Bruce doing arm bars on people using mma style gloves.

For those of you who haven't seen this documentary "How Bruce Lee Changed the World" do yourself a favor. Take a break from your "Keyboard Warrior Zumba" class and watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdejyJA4NaA

1/10/13 6:31 PM
HoomanCan

Sugar Dick - 
HoomanCan - 
Sugar Dick - 

No. Back then they didn't have strength training like they do now. I would out power him

I think you have your facts wrong. Bruce had a very extensive strength and conditioning program. He designed his own weight training equipment that was years ahead of his time. He was blending raw steak and whole eggs with the egg shells included in his protein shakes long before you were slurping your muscle milk and super mass 6000 shakes.

For you other Hong Kong Phuey wannabees that think you could own Bruce I think you should stick to beating up people over the internet keyboard warrior style. Bruce Lee would close the distance on you with lightning speed and kick you on your ass before you even thought of shooting a double leg.

There's photos of Bruce doing arm bars on people using mma style gloves.

For those of you who haven't seen this documentary "How Bruce Lee Changed the World" do yourself a favor. Take a break from your "Keyboard Warrior Zumba" class and watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdejyJA4NaA

See how Schaub was reaching for legs when I he got knocked out. I would have done the same thing to Bruce Lee

You would try to give Bruce Lee a hand job after he knocked you out? I don't think that's very effective.

I think you are mixing it up with this technique.

China Woman kills man squeezing his testicles.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/china-woman-kills-man-squeezing-testicles

1/10/13 6:54 PM
Bailx
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/10/13 7:15 PM
wiggum
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 

I'm a little dude (135). But I was a good college wrestler and a good mixed martial artist. I would have beaten up Bruce Lee.

Dude you're a friend and we're mad cool but that's delusional bro. It's most likely you'd get KTFO without even touching him. Why do you ignore what Chuck and Gene say?

They would say I'm a near world class mixed martial artist. I think that's enough.
1/10/13 7:44 PM
Lazer MMA

wiggum - 
Lazer MMA - 

They would say I'm a near world class mixed martial artist. I think that's enough.

It's one thing to try to fool others. It's another to fool yourself.

AS himself has said he would not want to fight Bruce but would have been his student. Likewise MANY such as Randy, and Cain have spoken to his greatness.

You have openly excused AS's record (average strength of opponent) because you can 'see' see greatness. In uncut footage you can not see Bruce's? His speed?

We can feel free to disagree on this one boss no worries.

1/10/13 7:49 PM
wiggum
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
wiggum - 
Lazer MMA - 

AS himself has said he would not want to fight Bruce but would have been his student. Likewise MANY such as Randy, and Cain have spoken to his greatness.

You have openly excused AS's record (average strength of opponent) because you can 'see' see greatness. In uncut footage you can not see Bruce's? His speed?

Anderson also says Steven Seagal teaches him how to fight.
1/10/13 7:56 PM
FatBuddha
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumynabjj - 
Nonlinear - 

That is beautiful technique. Thanks for the link Nonlinear.

Fatbuddha, I apologize. There is no way I could hit, let alone beat up, a man that throws his punches from his mid section while hopping around like a jack rabbit. Those punches were so fast that they created an optical illusion where they looked slow. Lastly, the power just insane. That bag had to weigh close to 400 pounds.

Compare that to a bullshit modern fighter. They just look so slow and week compared to the great one.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyD79cpjdt4?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyD79cpjdt4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

apology accepted

a rookie mistake
1/10/13 7:57 PM
Lazer MMA

CREamed_by_DongJ - Also unlike Bruce Lee, my chin has been proven in front of multiple UG forum members.

Lazer MMA show me proof that Bruce Lee can take bombs on the chin, multiple UGers have seen me prove my chin.

CRE in many cases where I can't (and no one can) prove things I am likely to favor the opinions of: AS, Machida, Chuck, Gene, Randy, Cain and other world class fighters over my own or the UG collectively on any number of topics (when they say they KNOW something or give CREDIT to a MA). That makes me in the the RAZOR THIN minority of the UG regarding these matters!

Have a nice night

1/10/13 8:05 PM
Lazer MMA

wiggum - 
Lazer MMA - 
wiggum - 
Lazer MMA - 

Anderson also says Steven Seagal teaches him how to fight.

Assuming that's a lie (as the UG does): Was AS fake taping in training videos repeatedly then?, is there no smear on his (AND MACHIDA, on all of this BTW) credibility in letting a fraud walk with him to the octagon and repeatedly giving him credit?, I'm assuming you are calling the grandmaster a fraud correct (like most of the UG)?
1/10/13 8:46 PM
bhfsim

If Bruce Lee entered ufc 1, he would've gotten choked out by Royce just like every else. Phone Post
1/11/13 12:46 PM
kungfufedor

Bruce was no more athletic or stronger than Mighty Mouse!! Phone Post
1/11/13 12:49 PM
chawkins
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bhfsim -  If Bruce Lee entered ufc 1, he would've gotten choked out by Royce just like every else. Phone Post

I thought Bruce studied grappling?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.