UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Could Bruce lee have kicked yours ass?

1/10/13 8:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - 
Lazer MMA - 
wiggum - 
Lazer MMA - 
wiggum - I guess I'll jump in.

I'm a little dude (135). But I was a good college wrestler and a good mixed martial artist. I would have beaten up Bruce Lee.

But I respect the shit out of him.

Dude you're a friend and we're mad cool but that's delusional bro. It's most likely you'd get KTFO without even touching him. Why do you ignore what Chuck and Gene say?

Would they call you a world class martial artist too?

They would say I'm a near world class mixed martial artist. I think that's enough.

It's one thing to try to fool others. It's another to fool yourself.

AS himself has said he would not want to fight Bruce but would have been his student. Likewise MANY such as Randy, and Cain have spoken to his greatness.

You have openly excused AS's record (average strength of opponent) because you can 'see' see greatness. In uncut footage you can not see Bruce's? His speed?

We can feel free to disagree on this one boss no worries.

Anderson also says Steven Seagal teaches him how to fight.

Assuming that's a lie (as the UG does): Was AS fake taping in training videos repeatedly then?, is there no smear on his (AND MACHIDA, on all of this BTW) credibility in letting a fraud walk with him to the octagon and repeatedly giving him credit?, I'm assuming you are calling the grandmaster a fraud correct (like most of the UG)?
1/10/13 8:46 PM
bhfsim
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Bruce Lee entered ufc 1, he would've gotten choked out by Royce just like every else. Phone Post
1/11/13 12:46 PM
kungfufedor

Bruce was no more athletic or stronger than Mighty Mouse!! Phone Post
1/11/13 12:49 PM
chawkins
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bhfsim -  If Bruce Lee entered ufc 1, he would've gotten choked out by Royce just like every else. Phone Post

I thought Bruce studied grappling?
1/11/13 1:11 PM
Nonlinear

bhfsim -  If Bruce Lee entered ufc 1, he would've gotten choked out by Royce just like every else. Phone Post

He probably would have gotten tossed around and plowed into the mat by Ken Shamrock before even getting the chance to get choked out.

1/11/13 1:52 PM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chawkins - 

So had Ken. That didn't stop him from getting choked out.
1/11/13 2:02 PM
Alumynabjj

chawkins -

I.have done bjj for six years. Pretty sure Royce would tap me and I would tap Bruce. Phone Post
1/11/13 3:58 PM
UGCTT_whittaker_is_the _real_demolition _man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No he wouldn't, I'd grab him and hug him, with tears in my eyes like a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert, as soon as I saw him and that would be fight over.

No homo.
1/11/13 4:25 PM
Lobo8

Lol the cockiness on here is hilarious. Hes from a different era where true mma wasnt fully realized and Bjj was still not widely known about. So alot of the effective strategies and techniques in mma would not be known to him. If you just threw in him in a cage with a top fighter he would obviously lose the fight because they would have years of mma experience in the most effective techniques. He weighed at most 165 so he could make 155 and if he lost more weight 145 and maybe 135. He was definetly talented and could do well in any of those divisions if he where able to use the accumalated mma knowledge and training that we have now. He would definetly be able to kick some of asses. Sucks that he died young and wasnt able to see what would become of mma; he definetly would have loved to be involved in it.
1/11/13 4:57 PM
ranier wolfcastle
885 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imo ronda rousey would beat a prime bruce

1/11/13 6:42 PM
Tubarao

he would have hit me 20 times before I could lay a hand on him. haha BUT.... if I could get him to the ground without being blasted, I would sub him. Phone Post
1/11/13 6:53 PM
Lazer MMA

Wu Massacre - hmm even though he was definitely an actor and there are a number of less famous but great, comparable traditional martial artists from the era that were most likely better fighters... and sometimes the stuff in his movies is cool but not that impressive.. of course i would probably lose and so would anyone who isnt a pro / doesnt train for a number of hours every day right now.. lee trained with a number of reputable badasses who certified his badassery which many of us can only speculate at... i only gamble every now and then but id place pretty heavy money on that all the people here saying theyd take him down and gnp would end up with crushed balls, broken nose, or busted teeth, before any of that happened

This for sure, no question save the first sentence IMO.

Also good posts by Lobo8 & Tubatao.

A few have common sense here but this is the UG, you can't ask for more.
1/11/13 6:58 PM
Paul_Blanka_Harris

Well I'm 6'4 and around 230 , I'm a purple belt in bjj and a brown in judo, also I'm 3-2 in armatures fights here in brazil and I'm 24 years old and I Ben fraying since the 6 grade so I'll say if I take to the ground I might have a pretty good chance just because I'm huge , but his a legend so who knows 

1/11/13 7:22 PM
cantuna4u
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. Phone Post
1/11/13 7:27 PM
Tolstolobic

What sort of question is dat sir.
One think tho. If I would know Bruce Lee, I would never fight him.

Coz he would kick ma ass man Phone Post
1/11/13 10:54 PM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lobo8 - Lol the cockiness on here is hilarious. Hes from a different era where true mma wasnt fully realized and Bjj was still not widely known about. So alot of the effective strategies and techniques in mma would not be known to him. If you just threw in him in a cage with a top fighter he would obviously lose the fight because they would have years of mma experience in the most effective techniques. He weighed at most 165 so he could make 155 and if he lost more weight 145 and maybe 135. He was definetly talented and could do well in any of those divisions if he where able to use the accumalated mma knowledge and training that we have now. He would definetly be able to kick some of asses. Sucks that he died young and wasnt able to see what would become of mma; he definetly would have loved to be involved in it.

What makes you think he would have loved to be involved in MMA?

Other combat sports existed - judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing. He competed in none.
1/12/13 8:03 AM
Lazer MMA

wiggum - 
Lobo8 - Lol the cockiness on here is hilarious. Hes from a different era where true mma wasnt fully realized and Bjj was still not widely known about. So alot of the effective strategies and techniques in mma would not be known to him. If you just threw in him in a cage with a top fighter he would obviously lose the fight because they would have years of mma experience in the most effective techniques. He weighed at most 165 so he could make 155 and if he lost more weight 145 and maybe 135. He was definetly talented and could do well in any of those divisions if he where able to use the accumalated mma knowledge and training that we have now. He would definetly be able to kick some of asses. Sucks that he died young and wasnt able to see what would become of mma; he definetly would have loved to be involved in it.

What makes you think he would have loved to be involved in MMA?

Other combat sports existed - judo, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing. He competed in none.

Well sir you need to understand the man to start with. He did not believe in limiting himself to only one art. He believed in using everything one could to defend himself and win in combat. He practiced all arts and competed in few (not none). He trained world champions and his greatness was recognized by his piers.

At least when MMA was more legit (UFC 1) he would have fought no question. He focus was on REAL fighting. As stated AS, Cain, Randy, Chuck, and Gene have spoken to his greatness and his elite level as a MA; moreover, he was the biggest force in the history of the WORLD to popularize the MA's. If fact prior to Bruce the MA's in the US were nothing really and somewhat frowned upon.

You should stop posting here IMO sir, your a friend but to be real honest........I a disappoint

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.