UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WHY no talk about Gustafsson vs Jones!!????

1/8/13 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mobycar
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the BIGGEST and most competitive fight in the LHW div 2013, and no Chael vs Jones is a money fight and it wont be close. This guy Gustafsson retired Hamill at one point and has improved every fight since and another thing….. JONES HASNT BEATEN HIM BEFORE. Glover is dangerous for Jones but unfortunately would be controlled by Jones reach and athleticism. Id like to see him do that against Gustafsson.
1/8/13 11:54 PM
Kanabull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 11:55 PM
After JDS vs. Cain I will never count out a gritty no shame wrestler ever again (in Jones vs. Sonnen). It seems lopsided but that was how I felt about Cain's chances. Anybody can lose. Jones could get caught early and demoralized in the same way and lose a five round UD.

Regardless though, Gus vs. Jones is a great fight. Can't wait to see it happen.

Also I don't think you are giving Glover enough credit. I don't think there is anybody out there that turns him into an easy fight. He is nasty.
1/9/13 12:03 AM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Comparing jones/sonnen to jds/cain is apples/oranges. Jones' ridiculous size/strength/athleticism advantage combined with his wrestling will prove superior to chaels wrestling methinks. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:04 AM
DojoJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 12:06 AM
Asked him about it before, but lets be real, we're still a ways off from that fight becoming a reality, even though Jones has been thinking about it for months now...

Jon Jones wants to prove a point against Gustafsson

1/9/13 12:04 AM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gus/ Jones debate will begin immediately after the tko of sonnen. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:09 AM
Sharkbait
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good match up - real test for JBJ Phone Post
1/9/13 12:11 AM
Tap In
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be awesome to see Chael decision Jones. I think it's very possible
1/9/13 12:19 AM
Proteus The Invincible

I think Gustafsson's last two performances were underwhelming, so I'm not very interested in seeing him against Jones. I think he should at least have to knock off a guy like Machida, Hendo or maybe even Glover before getting a title shot.
1/9/13 12:22 AM
IGOTBELCHED

Same gustafsson who got handled very easily by mr wonderful? He is not test for jones, the only guys with a legit chance against jones are better wrestlers with better boxing, rashad wasn't a good enough wrestler and didn't seem to really commit to either his striking or wrestling, cormier if he made the weight(which would be doubtful) he nearly died making 96 in 08 let alone 93, he'd have to have a serious lifestyle change and it'll take around 6 months. A dark horse which people will rag on me about is king mo, an international calibre wrestler very explosive, much better hands than jones and his reach is not that much shorter, and has a hard chin, people forget he tore his acl in the Calvancante fight.
1/9/13 12:27 AM
mobycar
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua J King -  Are you a retard? Lol. This has been a match made by the underground. It will be epic. Phone Post

Im a retard? Iv seen one thread about Gustaf vs Jones. A match made by the UG?? Once again I never see threads about Gustaf vs Jones. A match made teh by UG would be Fedor vs Brock...
1/9/13 12:28 AM
Bucephalus

Tell your friends and loved ones.

Daniel Cormier is coming.
1/9/13 2:49 AM
Phisher

I'd like to get excited about it, but who knows who Dana will have Jones fight next.

1/9/13 2:51 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
I got a feeling that Gustafsson will fight once more before locking up horns with Bones.
1/9/13 3:34 AM
BJ bashed into McDs mincemeat
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Alex could use one more fight against a top contender Phone Post
1/9/13 8:02 AM
Rafael135
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones will dismantle Gustaf.. Will take him to the ground and bring on the elbows Phone Post
1/9/13 8:06 AM
simonpe

Proteus The Invincible - I think Gustafsson's last two performances were underwhelming, so I'm not very interested in seeing him against Jones. I think he should at least have to knock off a guy like Machida, Hendo or maybe even Glover before getting a title shot.
He almost knocked them both out in the first round, both Thiago and Shogun have great chins/ability to recover. Phone Post
1/9/13 8:07 AM
Lazer MMA

Rafael135 -  Jones will dismantle Gustaf.. Will take him to the ground and bring on the elbows Phone Post

This

Plus

Machida X Hendo winner HAS to be next
1/9/13 8:11 AM
Lazer MMA

Sal Penis -  If Jones can beat Chael and Gus, that would be amazing. I don't think Jones will keep the belt this year though. Too many guys, chael, gus, glover and especially cormier maybe. Phone Post

Sal you been drinking bro?

Sonnen VS JBJ is the biggest mismatch for a belt in the history of the game. He's never even one a big fight at LHW ever and retreated from LHW after losing to Babalu years ago. Even if he gets JBJ down so TF what (even with a 20:1 TE), he'll tire get stood up and at some point it's a wrap. Hell the line is over double what I first laid! See post above too.
1/9/13 8:11 AM
Lazer MMA

won, sorry
1/9/13 11:53 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bucephalus - Tell your friends and loved ones.

Yeah, to a different weight class Phone Post
1/9/13 12:00 PM
Bucephalus

Salokcin69 - 
Bucephalus - Tell your friends and loved ones.

Yeah, to a different weight class Phone Post

I see you're new to MMA. Welcome!

For those who follow the sport... you know that Cormier wrestled at 211lbs and will be fighting for the LHW Championship Title.
1/9/13 12:00 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will always root for Gustafsson, and I do think he MIGHT be a competitive opponent to Jones, but I also think Jones will remain undefeated at LHW.
1/9/13 12:16 PM
MMALOGIC

nobody is demanding it because Gustaffson hasnt been finishing his opponents... 

Granted shogun is very difficult to finish but thiago silva was a showcase fight for him and he didnt seal the deal.

Nobody is gonna be demanding Gustaffson vs Jones unless Alexander starts putting guys away.

1/9/13 12:46 PM
Proteus The Invincible

simonpe - 
Proteus The Invincible - I think Gustafsson's last two performances were underwhelming, so I'm not very interested in seeing him against Jones. I think he should at least have to knock off a guy like Machida, Hendo or maybe even Glover before getting a title shot.
He almost knocked them both out in the first round, both Thiago and Shogun have great chins/ability to recover. Phone Post

I don't think the fact that a so-called threat to Jon Jones dropped Thiago Silva is impressive at all, and I don't remember Gustafsson managing to even rock Shogun until the third round. I think Shogun actually won the first round against Gustafsson.
1/9/13 1:16 PM
Bucephalus

MMALOGIC - 

nobody is demanding it because Gustaffson hasnt been finishing his opponents... 

Granted shogun is very difficult to finish but thiago silva was a showcase fight for him and he didnt seal the deal.

Nobody is gonna be demanding Gustaffson vs Jones unless Alexander starts putting guys away.

Yes, because going to decision against Shogun and Silva is so much worse than going to decision against Bonnar and Gusmao.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.