UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Would Strikeforce still be around if...

1/9/13 3:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
michelleNrogersdumpsterbaby
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was looking over the card this weekend, and am actually looking forward to it. As the fights look pretty good and I am a big DC fan. But I couldnt help but wonder if Strikeforce would still be around had the fight between Miller and the Diaz bro's not have happened after the Shields Hendo fight. It's well known that after that happened CBS pulled the plug on putting show's on there network. An I cant help but think that maybe things would have gone differently if that had never happened and Strikeforce would still have been able to use network tv to build there brand. I mean think about how good the ratings would have been for there heavyweight tourney had it been on CBS. I mean when Fedor fought Rogers on CBS I believe he brought in over 5 million viewers to see that fight. Imagen what the tourney would have done. They spent all that money on Fedors name, but after they could no longer put shows on CBS they cut alot of viewers out of being able to see him fight, since not everyone has showtime. So what you say UG, do you think Strikeforce would still be around and never been purchased by ZUFFA had they not lost there deal with CBS?
1/9/13 3:58 AM
Tap In
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was the post fight fight really the reason CBS dropped them?
1/9/13 4:17 AM

Yeah I remember reading a article awhile back where Coker said that CBS pretty much pulled the plug on putting fights on there network after that post fight brawl happend. After that lil brawl in the cage happend I cant recall another card being aired on CBS
1/9/13 4:27 AM
Uncle Muay Thai
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think strikeforce would of died regardless. Zuffa were in a no lose situation really when they bought it. If it failed which it obviously has, they were still able to pluck the talent and now fold the two rosters together so the money they make in the long run from the top sf guys will bring in more money than they paid for sf which in turn effectively bought up the contracts of the fighters. Phone Post
1/9/13 4:41 AM

Uncle Muay Thai -  I think strikeforce would of died regardless. Zuffa were in a no lose situation really when they bought it. If it failed which it obviously has, they were still able to pluck the talent and now fold the two rosters together so the money they make in the long run from the top sf guys will bring in more money than they paid for sf which in turn effectively bought up the contracts of the fighters. Phone Post

Yeah but what Im saying is do you think Strikeforce would of even been in a position where they had to sell if they would of still been putting on fights with CBS? I mean I think everyone new once Zuffa purchased SF that it was a slow death waiting to happen, but I feel that if they never would have been pulled from CBS and were able to stay on network tv they would have never been purchased by Zuffa in the first place. Considering every time they were on network tv they did pretty damn good ratings
1/9/13 7:56 AM

ttt
1/9/13 7:58 AM
Ramon Maroni

Uncle Muay Thai -  I think strikeforce would of died regardless. Zuffa were in a no lose situation really when they bought it. If it failed which it obviously has, they were still able to pluck the talent and now fold the two rosters together so the money they make in the long run from the top sf guys will bring in more money than they paid for sf which in turn effectively bought up the contracts of the fighters. Phone Post

yeah they woulda eventually died off, the "brawl" might have helped push SF out the door a little sooner though
1/9/13 10:09 AM

Ramon Maroni - 

yeah they woulda eventually died off, the "brawl" might have helped push SF out the door a little sooner though

Yeah I cant say Im disappointed cuz Im pretty stoked for some match up's they can make now that all the talent from SF will be in the UFC. Its just interesting to think what if
1/9/13 10:10 AM
GregNoActionJackson
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

michelleNrogersdumpsterbaby - I was looking over the card this weekend, and am actually looking forward to it. As the fights look pretty good and I am a big DC fan. But I couldnt help but wonder if Strikeforce would still be around had the fight between Miller and the Diaz bro's not have happened after the Shields Hendo fight. It's well known that after that happened CBS pulled the plug on putting show's on there network. An I cant help but think that maybe things would have gone differently if that had never happened and Strikeforce would still have been able to use network tv to build there brand. I mean think about how good the ratings would have been for there heavyweight tourney had it been on CBS. I mean when Fedor fought Rogers on CBS I believe he brought in over 5 million viewers to see that fight. Imagen what the tourney would have done. They spent all that money on Fedors name, but after they could no longer put shows on CBS they cut alot of viewers out of being able to see him fight, since not everyone has showtime. So what you say UG, do you think Strikeforce would still be around and never been purchased by ZUFFA had they not lost there deal with CBS?
Your SN makes me lol Phone Post
1/9/13 12:45 PM

^Why thank you sir, if you see my crazy cunt of a mother tell her that her son is not to happy about that book she wrote

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.