UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> CM Punk/The Rock Exchange Words

1/9/13 4:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Phillips
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easily one of the best exchanges ever on the mic. I am impressed.
1/9/13 4:51 AM
Matt Phillips
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 4:51 AM

1/9/13 5:38 AM
The Destroyer88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was a one sided exchange if that.

Punk could describe paint drying on the wall and I'd listen.
1/9/13 7:31 AM
PoRrIDgE FC

The Rock absolutely went the extra mile to put punk over in that segment. saying he knows how good he is etc.

1/9/13 12:34 PM
BillyRayChubbs
752 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Your arms are too short to box with God."

-CM Punk

That just about did it for that segment...The Rock should have just walked out, and cried on the way back to his hotel.

1/9/13 2:39 PM
batman32314
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoRrIDgE FC - The Rock absolutely went the extra mile to put punk over in that segment. saying he knows how good he is etc.

Rock has always had no issues with doing jobs and putting others over Phone Post
1/9/13 3:30 PM
torubu
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thoroughly enjoyed that exchange Phone Post
1/9/13 4:55 PM
bjjmosh24
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BillyRayChubbs -

-CM Punk

That just about did it for that segment...The Rock should have just walked out, and cried on the way back to his hotel.

Line of the year already. Nothing Rock could say could top that. Rock can't keep up with the man. Also for the record Snickers have nuts in them too. Rock apparently wouldn't know that since he looks 3 weight classes bigger than Punk. Phone Post
1/9/13 5:41 PM
TerrySilver

Rock needs to turn heel again. He is way better that way
1/9/13 6:22 PM
Gino_Corona

I'm not sure how much of the whole segment was scripted but as expected, there was nothing entertaining or funny about Punk's promo. Dude is all about burying the other guy with personal insults and things nerds bitch about on the internet. You can be the most eloquent guy on the mic but if you have 0 charisma and no sense for entertainment, your shit gets stale pretty quick.

That said, the old Rock would have killed Punk by throwing insults about his string bean physique and extreme lack of in-ring skills. It almost looked like he was about to do that at the end but he took the high road and put him over instead. That's class. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:08 PM
torubu
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gino_Corona - I'm not sure how much of the whole segment was scripted but as expected, there was nothing entertaining or funny about Punk's promo. Dude is all about burying the other guy with personal insults and things nerds bitch about on the internet. You can be the most eloquent guy on the mic but if you have 0 charisma and no sense for entertainment, your shit gets stale pretty quick.

That said, the old Rock would have killed Punk by throwing insults about his string bean physique and extreme lack of in-ring skills. It almost looked like he was about to do that at the end but he took the high road and put him over instead. That's class. Phone Post
Go away, you chode. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:12 PM
roninthebox
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rock is fucking massive right now, but as an adult i enjoyed cm punks promo way better but if. I was ten i could see were people would say the rocks was better Phone Post
1/9/13 7:42 PM
odysseyroc
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BillyRayChubbs - 

-CM Punk

I can't hear that line without thinking of the ads I used to hear on the radio for that play in the late 80's or early 90's

http://www.playbillvault.com/images/cover/Y/o/Your-Arms-Too-Short-to-Box-with-God-Playbill-06-80.jpg
1/9/13 7:56 PM
ArtMinaj

I am a bigger fan of The Rock than Punk, but Punk came out the winner here.

Rock needs to take lessons from Nash on how to deal with Punk.  Nash owned him pretty bad.

1/9/13 9:00 PM
JacksRomously
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought they both are outstanding that being said

CM regularly breaks the 4th wall or just tip toes way to close to that line. The last decade has left a lot of fans very frustrated with WWE creative/management and I think CM is somewhat of a "people's champ" for that collective group of angry fans.

At times Cm stops being Cm and starts speaking as Phillip brooks. His biggest promo of all time he even mentioned he was breaking the fourth wall. CM almost always beats people down on the mic but breaking the 4th wall isn't fair to the other wrestlers who are performing this as a show. Wrestling is fake. Obviously everyone knows that but being able to openly talk and acknowledge that or at least make questionable references is as cheap as using a folding chair in the ring.

On a side note WWE should avoid having CM get to close to the Rock when cutting promos. I thought Cm talking about kicking the rock's ass was a little bit cringe inducing just cause of the obvious visual differences between the two guys.
1/9/13 9:20 PM
JacksRomously
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^

Zack Ryder is the definition of getting cheap pop from breaking character.
1/9/13 9:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
876 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great Exchange indeeeedddddd.

1/9/13 11:25 PM
Gino_Corona

arnanderson -
BillyRayChubbs - 

-CM Punk

Punk didn't come up with that, its a very old saying.

Xzibits lyric, "your lungs is too small to hotbox with God", is another take on this old saying.
I also remember Punk stealing this quote from Kurt Cobain last year in a promo with Triple H:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not"

First he steal other people's moves, now he regurgitates quotes from famous people and tries to pass them as his own.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, CM Punk is nothing but a hack. Phone Post
1/9/13 11:27 PM
roninthebox
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gino_Corona -
arnanderson -
BillyRayChubbs - 

-CM Punk

Xzibits lyric, "your lungs is too small to hotbox with God", is another take on this old saying.
I also remember Punk stealing this quote from Kurt Cobain last year in a promo with Triple H:

First he steal other people's moves, now he regurgitates quotes from famous people and tries to pass them as his own.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, CM Punk is nothing but a hack. Phone Post
That saying is older than kurt, but in a sence aint everything stolen an rehashed. From music to moves to story lines, gimmicks ect ect.... Phone Post
1/10/13 12:47 AM
Ramirez83
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gino_Corona -
arnanderson -
BillyRayChubbs - 

-CM Punk

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not." Marilyn Monroe

And Kurt reworded a famous Marilyn Monroe quote and used it as his own,what's your point? I'm sure it was used before Marilyn,as mentioned above people use/steal everything from Music to wrestling moves,not just Punk. Phone Post
1/10/13 12:59 AM
Philanderer
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vince Russo, take some notes. This is what an effective worked shoot looks like.
1/10/13 2:21 AM
TheBearStare
254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally I liked that video. I think both parties did their job well. I was expecting to be let down by both rock and punk but I think it was pulled off well. It made me actually care to see a match between the two.

And I think part of the problem with punk is well it seems everything (moves, phrases, mannerisms) that have gotten him over , we're actually directly ripped from someone/somewhere else. YHWH everyone steals something but damn it seems like its really his whole repertoire. Personally the only original thing he seems to contribute is genuine frustration and some anger at the product.
1/10/13 3:18 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was great on both ends. Obviously the difference in size is an issue when one of them looks like a super hero and the other looks like an unathletic middle aged man, but The Rock helped dull that by boosting up Punk and helping to put him over Phone Post
1/10/13 3:33 AM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its no surprise the Rock is back just to bring the heat and boost ratings..

And what a better way than to have him feud with the champ to get punk Super Heel status along the way.

In return the WWE will promote Rocky's movie/s he has coming out for PR.. when does Fast 6 come out??

I dont think that WWE has any intentions of putting the belt on Rock since they know he not sticking around and Punk will still remain WWE Champ after their feud is done. Thus making Super Heel Punk the man everyone loves to hate. Phone Post
1/10/13 6:47 AM
roninthebox

armbarheelhook - Its no surprise the Rock is back just to bring the heat and boost ratings..

And what a better way than to have him feud with the champ to get punk Super Heel status along the way.

In return the WWE will promote Rocky's movie/s he has coming out for PR.. when does Fast 6 come out??

I dont think that WWE has any intentions of putting the belt on Rock since they know he not sticking around and Punk will still remain WWE Champ after their feud is done. Thus making Super Heel Punk the man everyone loves to hate. Phone Post
This would be awesome but if they would have let him keep ses he would have been one of the biggest heels of all time Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.