UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> CM Punk/The Rock Exchange Words

1/10/13 3:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_OBEY
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So after saying that do you also think Michael Hayes isn't smart or witty enough as well Phone Post
1/10/13 4:31 PM
triso
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arnanderson - 
UGCTT_OBEY -  So after saying that do you also think Michael Hayes isn't smart or witty enough as well Phone Post

Hayes's quote is from two very popular songs all over the radio. No one thought he came up with it himself. In fact, if he DID come up with it on his own, it would not have been as nearly as good because nobody would know what the fuck he is talking about or care about "we do drink alone".

With Punk, there were people who actually thought he came up with that quote on his own, because they never heard that very old saying. But, as I said, he is not smart or witty enough to come up with that, just smart enough to steal it. That is a notch below on the smartness scale, son.

But sorry I insulted your man.

Just so I'm clear ... Punk isn't smart enough to come up with a quote similar to that because he used one that already exists?

1/10/13 4:41 PM
marth
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

god damn that was a good exchange. i need to start watching again. Phone Post
1/10/13 4:44 PM
GriffinQ
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arnanderson -
UGCTT_OBEY -  So after saying that do you also think Michael Hayes isn't smart or witty enough as well Phone Post

Hayes's quote is from two very popular songs all over the radio. No one thought he came up with it himself. In fact, if he DID come up with it on his own, it would not have been as nearly as good because nobody would know what the fuck he is talking about or care about "we do drink alone".

With Punk, there were people who actually thought he came up with that quote on his own, because they never heard that very old saying. But, as I said, he is not smart or witty enough to come up with that, just smart enough to steal it. That is a notch below on the smartness scale, son.

Very few people seem to think he came up with it, so wtf are you talking about? Various musicians have used it Phone Post
1/10/13 5:38 PM
Frills
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the Rock has 3 movies coming out before Fast 6. Snitch in Feb, GI Joe in Mar, Pain & Gain in Apr, and I Fast 6 in May.

dude has been busy Phone Post
1/10/13 5:40 PM
bigironmike79
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit. Wrestling was so much better b4 the Internet. Who gives a shit who comes up with what. Monday night was entertaining. Period...... Poooouuunnnccceee Phone Post
1/10/13 5:48 PM
armbarheelhook
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frills - the Rock has 3 movies coming out before Fast 6. Snitch in Feb, GI Joe in Mar, Pain & Gain in Apr, and I Fast 6 in May.

dude has been busy Phone Post
thanks for the info... i knew he had atleast 2 movies coming out for sure..

Be prepared to see those movie trailers being aired ad-nauseum on RAW and SD..! lol.. Phone Post
1/10/13 5:56 PM
American Standard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arnanderson - 
GriffinQ - 
arnanderson -

Very few people seem to think he came up with it, so wtf are you talking about? Various musicians have used it Phone Post

The way Billy Ray Chubs structured his post on page 1 makes it look like he is attributing the quote to CM Punk. That is what I was referring to in my original post on page 1. Also, in that same post I mentioned Xzibit using it in rap lyrics.

Take the stick out of your ass and relax.
1/10/13 8:03 PM
Ramirez83
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arnanderson -
Ramirez83 - 
Gino_Corona -
arnanderson -
BillyRayChubbs - 

"Your arms are too short to box with God."

-CM Punk

That just about did it for that segment...The Rock should have just walked out, and cried on the way back to his hotel.

Punk didn't come up with that, its a very old saying.

Xzibits lyric, "your lungs is too small to hotbox with God", is another take on this old saying.
I also remember Punk stealing this quote from Kurt Cobain last year in a promo with Triple H:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not"

First he steal other people's moves, now he regurgitates quotes from famous people and tries to pass them as his own.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, CM Punk is nothing but a hack. Phone Post
"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not." Marilyn Monroe

And Kurt reworded a famous Marilyn Monroe quote and used it as his own,what's your point? I'm sure it was used before Marilyn,as mentioned above people use/steal everything from Music to wrestling moves,not just Punk. Phone Post

i have no problem with wrestlers stealing lines from people whatsoever. One of my favorites was when Michael Hayes of the Freebirds quoted two Thoroughgood songs. "We are bad to the bone, and we do drink alone..."

My point was to inform people that Punk isn't smart or witty enough to come up with that shit on his own.
The what's your point was directed towards Gino,should've been more clear about it,my mistake. He made it seem as if Punk is the only wrestler to ever use others wrestlers moves or take famous quotes. Phone Post
1/10/13 8:41 PM
Gino_Corona

It's one thing to steal one move from a fellow wrestler, but stealing an entire move repertoire is pretty damn pathetic.

Ask NOAH's KENTA what he feels about your boy CM Punk. Phone Post
1/10/13 8:46 PM
bigironmike79
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gino_Corona - It's one thing to steal one move from a fellow wrestler, but stealing an entire move repertoire is pretty damn pathetic.

What's ur deal? Why such a punk hater? U really think the product is better without him? Is this what art does on the UG? Is this ur original lame schtick? Phone Post
1/10/13 10:12 PM
Gino_Corona

bigironmike79 -
Gino_Corona - It's one thing to steal one move from a fellow wrestler, but stealing an entire move repertoire is pretty damn pathetic.

What's ur deal? Why such a punk hater? U really think the product is better without him? Is this what art does on the UG? Is this ur original lame schtick? Phone Post
Truth hurts doesn't it?

Yep, your boy CM Punk is a hack. An imposter. A thief. He stole an entire move set, a style, from a Japanese wrestler. I mean, it wouldn't even bother me that much if he actually made the effort to make the moves look good (if anything, I would see it as a cheap hommage of sort) but the guy is so naturally unathletic that it looks like crap most of the time and that pisses me off even more.

To answer your question, yes I really do think the product would be better without him. Really, who needs another Vince Russo? Shoots have no place in wrestling today. As bad as the business is right now, why kick yourself while you're down? It just doesn't make sense. People used to say smart marks killed wrestling... And now we're giving a live microphone to their puppet? How the fuck did that happen??? Phone Post
1/11/13 8:53 AM
torubu
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gino_Corona -
bigironmike79 -

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Yep, your boy CM Punk is a hack. An imposter. A thief. He stole an entire move set, a style, from a Japanese wrestler. I mean, it wouldn't even bother me that much if he actually made the effort to make the moves look good (if anything, I would see it as a cheap hommage of sort) but the guy is so naturally unathletic that it looks like crap most of the time and that pisses me off even more.

To answer your question, yes I really do think the product would be better without him. Really, who needs another Vince Russo? Shoots have no place in wrestling today. As bad as the business is right now, why kick yourself while you're down? It just doesn't make sense. People used to say smart marks killed wrestling... And now we're giving a live microphone to their puppet? How the fuck did that happen??? Phone Post
400 days. The only hack is you. GTFO, chode. Phone Post
1/13/13 6:23 PM
SamboMMA

Gino_Corona - 
bigironmike79 -

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Punk isn't as good as he's made out to be. I love how when he was doing the Muay Thai expert gimmick a few years he always kicked like he was about to throw his hip out.
1/13/13 7:28 PM
Gino_Corona

SamboMMA -
Gino_Corona - 
bigironmike79 -

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Punk isn't as good as he's made out to be. I love how when he was doing the Muay Thai expert gimmick a few years he always kicked like he was about to throw his hip out.
WWE was trolling us with the Muay Thai gimmick then and now they're trolling us harder with the "Best in the World" crap. It's hard to get your buddies to watch wrestling again when they put belts on frigging BACKYARD WRESTLERS and label them as "best in the world".

Its really fucking funny. Phone Post
1/13/13 8:05 PM
CMX
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see you are talking to yourself thru your multiple troll accounts again, punk must have fucked your mother or your sister or did he brush past you and not acknowledge you when you begged for an autograph ? Phone Post
1/13/13 9:34 PM
Gino_Corona

CMX - I see you are talking to yourself thru your multiple troll accounts again, punk must have fucked your mother or your sister or did he brush past you and not acknowledge you when you begged for an autograph ? Phone Post
Another butthurt cm punk nutthugger with the same tired response. Yawn.

My hatred for CM Punk stems from the night I invited a couple of my Muay Thai buddies over to watch RAW. They weren't wrestling fans but I still convinced them to give it a shot. So Punk came on and did his usual half-assed routine and threw a bunch of his trademarked 0 balance kicks that just floored everyone in the room laughing for a good 2 minutes. One of my buddies even got up and did an amazingly accurate imitation of the kick. It was hilarious but embarrassing at the same time. Needless to say ever since that night I've been getting teased alot at the gym. My buddy does the kick at least one time every training session and he even started doing variations of it like how it would if Punk threw a front kick or a leg kick. Hilarious shit.

Yeah, fuck CM Punk. Phone Post
1/13/13 9:50 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so you hate the fact that he was not throwing accurate kicks on a staged event? Are you also upset that the Undertaker is not a "Dead Man" as his gimmick makes him out to be? Or that Dolph Ziggler is not really banging AJ in real life? It'd be like getting upset at the entertainment business after your buddies make fun of you for liking the Matrix due to Keanu Reeves being horrible in everything, either you are trolling hard or you suffer from severe group think mentality.
1/13/13 10:07 PM
GriffinQ
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gino_Corona -
CMX - I see you are talking to yourself thru your multiple troll accounts again, punk must have fucked your mother or your sister or did he brush past you and not acknowledge you when you begged for an autograph ? Phone Post
Another butthurt cm punk nutthugger with the same tired response. Yawn.

My hatred for CM Punk stems from the night I invited a couple of my Muay Thai buddies over to watch RAW. They weren't wrestling fans but I still convinced them to give it a shot. So Punk came on and did his usual half-assed routine and threw a bunch of his trademarked 0 balance kicks that just floored everyone in the room laughing for a good 2 minutes. One of my buddies even got up and did an amazingly accurate imitation of the kick. It was hilarious but embarrassing at the same time. Needless to say ever since that night I've been getting teased alot at the gym. My buddy does the kick at least one time every training session and he even started doing variations of it like how it would if Punk threw a front kick or a leg kick. Hilarious shit.

Yeah, fuck CM Punk. Phone Post
So you dislike Punk because your friends make fun of you for something completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things. And you can't take being mocked by these people that you so badly wanted to impress.

If that's not bitch-made, I dunno what is. Phone Post
1/13/13 10:19 PM
Gino_Corona

Hunter V - so you hate the fact that he was not throwing accurate kicks on a staged event? Are you also upset that the Undertaker is not a "Dead Man" as his gimmick makes him out to be? Or that Dolph Ziggler is not really banging AJ in real life? It'd be like getting upset at the entertainment business after your buddies make fun of you for liking the Matrix due to Keanu Reeves being horrible in everything, either you are trolling hard or you suffer from severe group think mentality.
The art of pro wrestling is to make it look as real as possible in the ring, not the other way around. It's not impossible to throw an accurate, text book kick without hurting the other guy, just watch any Sean Waltman or Savio Vega match. Those guys have LEGIT martial arts background and it shows.

Punk on the other hand, is a backyard wrestler. A hack. A wannabe. A guy who tries to emulate other people but fails miserably. And he does it on a big stage which makes it even worse. People now have a good reason to laugh at pro wrestling; the champion has the physique of a guy who pumps gas for a living and the athletic ability of a complete nerd. Phone Post
1/13/13 10:26 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you are reaching, sure some guys have better kicks but hell that is like bitching about the fact that NO pro wrestler in the US is throwing proper punches like you would do in boxing or kickboxing. Its all pretend. Shit I never see people in public throwing chops like Wahoo McDaniel would or Ric Flair does but that shit def is a norm in the spectacle that is pro wrestling.
1/14/13 6:02 PM
SamboMMA

Hunter V - you are reaching, sure some guys have better kicks but hell that is like bitching about the fact that NO pro wrestler in the US is throwing proper punches like you would do in boxing or kickboxing. Its all pretend. Shit I never see people in public throwing chops like Wahoo McDaniel would or Ric Flair does but that shit def is a norm in the spectacle that is pro wrestling.

That maybe true to a degree but if you're going to market a guy as a Muay Thai specialist it would be a good idea to give it to someone who looks like they've been in a Muay Thai gym. Punk throws a Roundhouse kick like he's throwing his leg up and praying that he doesn't throw his hip out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.