UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vitor on TRT? ESPN article

1/9/13 9:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrattMamley
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/15993/ageless-belfort-believes-hell-overcome-bisping

ESPN: You’ve said you feel the best you’ve ever felt. You’ve been fighting professionally since 1996. Where in your career do you think you’re at?

Belfort: In my mind, when I’m 40, we’ll see how my body feels. That’s five good years in front of me. I’m open. I’m just doing my best. My wife will tell me the truth. She’ll be the first one. I believe even Lorenzo [Fertitta] will tell me to stop. The UFC is so nice to its fighters. They never abuse fighters. They could have made money off fighters who have retired, so I think I’m in good hands.

ESPN: Some fighters in their 30s have been diagnosed with low testosterone levels and received exemptions to use testosterone replacement therapy [TRT]. Have you ever applied for TRT or would you consider it?

Belfort: If a question is private, I have the choice to answer or not. If I make it public, it’s not private anymore. If I want to say something private I will say it, but I keep to myself and I respect the laws of the sport. Whatever the organization, whatever the law -- they know what to do. This is too controversial, why am I going to say something that doesn’t accomplish anything? If it’s legal, they know what to do. If it’s legal, there’s nothing to say about it. It’s legal.

ESPN: As you mention, TRT is legal for fighters who qualify for it. Do you believe it’s getting a bad image in the sport? Fans are too quick to judge fighters who use it?

Belfort: It’s hard. Like, you’re either a Republican or Democrat. Who is right? I think it’s this: The truth is always in the middle. Of course, some things are non-negotiable. I think in life, you just need to find a balance. That’s the problem with the rule, is that everyone is so radical. That’s my opinion. I’m very faithful to the things I believe in and I’m working on myself. I don’t like to judge. When you judge people, it sounds like you are God. We live in a freedom country. It is what it is.

1/9/13 9:07 AM
JROTT
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So was that a yes or a no? I'm so confused Phone Post
1/9/13 9:08 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If a question is private, I have the choice to answer or not. If I make it public, it’s not private anymore.

^ Portugese for 'I eat horsemeat'

1/9/13 9:15 AM
Quickash1t

I think it was a doesn't matter, it is allowed.
Don't get me wrong in my mind TRT should not be allowed in the sport because I believe some fighters may be abusing it.
But since it is legal I am not going to not cheer for a fighter for using it. If it is legal and the commision decides not to report it than I believe it should be private information and the fighters choice to disclose to the public or not as long as he is following the rules.
1/9/13 9:16 AM
BooZe

Let him be, if he goes over the legal limit then its a problem. But yea imo he is Phone Post
1/9/13 9:17 AM
JROTT
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did look pretty jacked against JBJ.. But it was from hard work and plenty of vitamins.. plus the Dolce diet Phone Post
1/9/13 9:23 AM
kid chaos
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JROTT - He did look pretty jacked against JBJ.. But it was from hard work and plenty of vitamins.. plus the Dolce diet Phone Post
And protein shakes Phone Post
1/9/13 9:30 AM
json123

Somebody did have a TRT exemption at UFC 152 but they never said who. Seems like a lot of people assumed it was Vitor because of the change in appearance from his prior fight.
1/9/13 9:35 AM
5pointer

as a long time hugger of the phenom i think its pretty clear he is on trt and 99 % sure it is needed from years of steroids. he was off during 2 of his 3 fights in cage rage and he looked extremely different but was fast and powerful as ever. we all know most of mma is on steroids and trt. these guys train and fight for a living. let them be within the limits and perform at their best.
1/9/13 9:38 AM
JROTT

This isn't the Olympics, I say let them all juice their tits off and let's see who's the best after that!

JUST BLEED! Phone Post
1/9/13 11:09 AM
Wovito

JROTT -  This isn't the Olympics, I say let them all juice their tits off and let's see who's the best after that!

JUST BLEED! Phone Post

The obvious result is that allowing such a chemical advantage would preclude any "clean" fighters from making it to the highest levels.

This is not a good outcome.
1/9/13 11:13 AM
Toby Lerone
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Basically a long winded 'no comment' Phone Post
1/9/13 11:16 AM
simonpe

That was unfortunately a "yes" Phone Post
1/9/13 12:37 PM
3rdLion
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh "TRT"

Was he on that at 19 too?
1/9/13 12:41 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

3rdLion - Oh "TRT"

yes...the only difference now is the AC sanctions his use

1/9/13 12:45 PM
bhealthy

there's a reason they are called MMA drugs.

Tyson Fury's stock is rising every time a hrsmeant eater tries to justify juicing.!!
1/9/13 12:49 PM
Chomas
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

simonpe - That was unfortunately a "yes" Phone Post
Clearly. Phone Post
1/9/13 12:54 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

3rdLion - Oh "TRT"

That was the Bomba, he has money now so he gets doctors office sups.

1/9/13 12:58 PM
epwar
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Annnnnnnnnnnnd Bisping now has his excuse line up.  

1/9/13 1:07 PM
Don_Dada
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

I've never once heard Bisping use this form of gaining an advantage as an excuse for either of his losses to Hendo or Sonnen.
1/9/13 1:19 PM
JROTT

LilBrockonmychest -
JROTT -  So was that a yes or a no? I'm so confused Phone Post

He said it's private and if the question privately becomes public he will tell the public, privately but only when the controversial question privately is made public.

Understand?
Got it! Clear as mud! Phone Post
1/9/13 1:25 PM
Lazer MMA

epwar - 

This

TRT Belfort via brutal KO
1/9/13 1:27 PM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont even care if hes on trt, as long at he murders dudes in his forties its still awesome

1/9/13 1:30 PM
epwar
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 1:30 PM
Don_Dada - 
epwar - 

I've never once heard Bisping use this form of gaining an advantage as an excuse for either of his losses to Hendo or Sonnen.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/16/3247647/michael-bisping-trt-cheating-ufc-unfair

Trust me, he's already given his thoughts on TRT and will definitely mention it after his loss to Belfort:

"I think it's absolute nonsense, rubbish, bullshit. Listen, we all get old, we all grow up, you know? At some point, as you start getting older, your balls don't work as well and you don't make as much testosterone, but, that's life and you deal with it. A guy that is 40-years old doesn't make as much testosterone as a 21-year old so he gets an exemption certificate to say, 'So now we will give him as much testosterone as a 21-year old.' Well, what about me, I'm 33 (years of age), I'm not making the same amount as a 21-year old, but I make more than a 40-year old. Where do we draw the line? It's nonsense. Listen, nature determines that and I don't think we should interfere with that. I think it's cheating very, very well, it's dressed up. Its nonsense, its absolute bullshit and I, for one, am very, very against it. I would never ever do that. I am who I am and I've done well doing what I do."

1/9/13 1:37 PM
DWTF
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you don't want me to judge you bro then don't judge yourself for judging me about my judgement.

no wai bro

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.