UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rebney: 'Key misunderstanding' with Alvarez

1/10/13 9:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cool hand Ed
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen -

I'm listening to Bloddy Elbow radio to hear what Bjorn has to say.  We shall see...

And...? Phone Post
1/10/13 9:49 AM
jitsallday
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OKMBTC - good insight man.

sounds like his new manager over promised and under delivered on this whole deal.
1/10/13 5:30 PM
MattyECB
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk - I still don't fully understand the "matching" part does the UFC have the option to up their offer now if the original one is matched? Or is there some rule saying they only get one shot at a offer?

The whole point of a matching clause is to avoid bidding wars, so now that the UFC has set their terms, Bellator can match or not match and that's the end of that.

That's why everyone saying if the UFC wanted Eddy theyd have him, is being kinda narrow minded. The UFC could easily have lowballed or just put a deal low than Hector's that they still thought would outpace Bellator, then surprisingly get matched and be up shit creek.

The only thing is Rebney is a disingenuous cunt and is ignoring the only part of the deal that was ever important, the % and fringe benefits. Obviously dollar terms are a black and white matter, but from the get go, the way these matching clause deals end up getting legally disputed is always % points.

Forgetting even sponsorship dollars, which everyone points out would be way more huge in the UFC, can Bellator match a UFC title bid, PPV% and broadcasting deals..
1/10/13 5:34 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if the UFC makes an offer, and Bellator matches, but Eddy still would rather be in the UFC for obvious reasons, why the need for all the issues and lawsuits? I genuinely do not understand. Why can't Eddy just choose the UFC and that be the end of it? Is is that if Bellator matches, they automatically retain his services as a fighter?

1/10/13 5:55 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Edited: 01/10/13 5:55 PM
AbbeyRoadMe - 

So if the UFC makes an offer, and Bellator matches, but Eddy still would rather be in the UFC for obvious reasons, why the need for all the issues and lawsuits? I genuinely do not understand. Why can't Eddy just choose the UFC and that be the end of it? Is is that if Bellator matches, they automatically retain his services as a fighter?

eddie signed an agreement and an amendment, even, that specifically says if the UFC offers you something and we match it, you MUST sign with bellator...that seems harsh, but eddie didnt have to sign that contract...bellator would not have paid eddie as much as they did or promoting or investing in him as much as they did, if they didnt have this matching clause

1/16/13 11:25 PM
Chris27

Billytk - Looks like they know they're not going to sign Eddie and are trying to take away some of his hype in the general publics eyes.
I was flipping through the channels and caught a couple seconds of the Bellator 360 on SPIKE and noticed that for their introduction to mainstream television they chose to show Eddie's only Loss in over 5 years instead of one of his 10+ finishes that would build his name up more

What? they showed Chandler/Eddie because it was an amazing fight and one of the two best of 2011. Chandler is also fighting on their debut card and is their champ, thats why the showed it.

LOL at you thinking the did that to shit on Eddie, give me a break.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.