UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Anyone get their cricoid/thyroid crushed?

1/9/13 2:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
propofol
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heard a crunch today. Can breath fine. No acute swelling noticeable. However, I do have a sore throat and feel like I constantly have a piece of food stuck in my throat. It was kind of like getting instant strept throat, but just on one side.

This happened due to a crushing choke similar to peruvian neck tie.

Anyone experience this before? Recovery time? Tips?
1/9/13 2:32 PM
allchokedup
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes,i was stubborn to tap to a modified ezekial with a fist in my throat. took about a week to get back to normal.
1/9/13 2:33 PM
allchokedup
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh and for a tip tap early/often :)
1/9/13 2:37 PM
propofol
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks! Yeah. No time to tap on this one.
1/9/13 2:44 PM
The Mat Pimp
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Be careful brah, I saw a friend get his trachea crushed and have to be rushed to the hospital for a tracheotomy.
1/10/13 4:20 AM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a small bone in the throat which can be broken via chokes. Have seen it... I guess 2-3 times during 10 years of training. Uncomfortable for quite a while.
1/10/13 9:22 AM
Jacks Wasted Life
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had something similar a few years back. I think I was caught in a guillotine and heard a crunching noise before I could tap. No permanent damage, just a sore throat and swallowing felt funny for about a week. Phone Post
1/10/13 1:13 PM
tmgrtl
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classmate of mine cranked a very simple choke on me and it felt like I had strep throat for a good month.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.