UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones vs. Sonnen official for UFC 159 in NJ

1/9/13 3:12 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

We’ve known for several months now that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones would next put his belt on the line against Chael Sonnen following the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter.

UFC officials on Wednesday, however, confirmed that Jones vs. Sonnen would headline UFC 159 on April 27. The event also marks the promotion’s return to the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

The two will first head up Season 17 of The Ultimate Fighter.

Jones and Sonnen will coach opposite each other when TUF on FX kicks off in its new Tuesday night timeslot on Jan. 22 with a two-hour premiere.

read entire article...

1/9/13 3:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm definitely going to this even though it makes no sense and is going to be super one sided.
1/9/13 3:20 PM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/9/13 3:22 PM
DamnSevern
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10 minutes from, but I am boycotting going due to redic matchmaking

1/9/13 3:28 PM
Animal Chin
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what has mma become?

that is fucking lame.
1/9/13 3:33 PM
mike_rizzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -

cmon now. Phone Post
1/9/13 3:38 PM
Sherlock bonesalot
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't see this fight happening for some reason.
I can see one or the other pulling out for something in 3 months Phone Post
1/9/13 3:39 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This inane main event puts the LHW on hold.

ZUFFA, this is some shitty stuff right here.
1/9/13 3:42 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Three months after it was announced and I'm still shaking my head at this match.  

1/9/13 3:43 PM
bearockbrobama
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -

Please go. I want to me the infamous DS Phone Post
1/9/13 3:46 PM
shorebreaker420
1008 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny because most or you were begging for this fight when all you found out Jones refused to fight Sonnen, the ug was lit up that week Phone Post
1/9/13 3:51 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm def going. I hope Jim MIller is also on the card. He should be in the co-main.

1/9/13 3:57 PM
vaginal tear
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#teamsonnen Phone Post
1/9/13 3:59 PM
Fabes
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I'll be there. Phone Post
1/9/13 4:11 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possible UG meet up?? Phone Post
1/9/13 4:21 PM
Jayjayememay
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this the worst matchmaking in UFC history? During the Zuffa era?

1/9/13 4:26 PM
Brian Rule
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disgraceful fight. Shame on UFC
1/9/13 4:37 PM
KneeToFaceKO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is a cheating loudmouth whose time has come and gone. Great at selling fights but a true martial artist he is not, IMHO. I hope he gets some respect knocked INTO him. Will not be sad when he is gone and a great example of what is wrong with the sport we love. Phone Post
1/9/13 4:45 PM
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When they first announced the fight, I thought it was whack. But, now I think, meh, what's the big deal? If Chael gets smashed in a minute, then we can complain.
1/9/13 4:47 PM
caposa
1557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ridiculous fight, but depending on if the rest of the card is good I may go.

1/9/13 5:19 PM
Dreamer
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone know when Tix go on sale? Phone Post
1/9/13 5:22 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KneeToFaceKO - Chael is a cheating loudmouth whose time has come and gone. Great at selling fights but a true martial artist he is not, IMHO. I hope he gets some respect knocked INTO him. Will not be sad when he is gone and a great example of what is wrong with the sport we love. Phone Post
Has Chael ever claimed to be a true martial artist? Phone Post
1/9/13 5:23 PM
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

I'm def going. I hope Jim MIller is also on the card. He should be in the co-main.

Both Miller bros should be on the card! Definitely put Jim as comain after his last performance!

Haha- the "fan-boycotts" are all going to be for naught. Hendo was hurt, Machida turned tail, and they needed to boost TUF ratings. OH WELL- life goes on. It's not the worst thing and the buildup should be very entertaining. You're only ruining the enjoyment for yourselves. Phone Post
1/9/13 5:24 PM
DonFreedomFrye
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another Foob - When they first announced the fight, I thought it was whack. But, now I think, meh, what's the big deal? If Chael gets smashed in a minute, then we can complain.

How Chael does in this fight is irrelevant IMO. There are many fighters who would give Jones a good fight that don't necessarily deserve it. The problem I have is that he clearly doesn't deserve a title shot and there are other fighters who clearly deserve it over him.
1/9/13 5:25 PM
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
KneeToFaceKO - Chael is a cheating loudmouth whose time has come and gone. Great at selling fights but a true martial artist he is not, IMHO. I hope he gets some respect knocked INTO him. Will not be sad when he is gone and a great example of what is wrong with the sport we love. Phone Post
Has Chael ever claimed to be a true martial artist? Phone Post
Chael disavows being a martial artist. He's a gangster by day, vale tudo cagefighter by night. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.