UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones vs. Sonnen official for UFC 159 in NJ

1/9/13 6:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

April? Why is it so far away?
1/9/13 6:58 PM
Willin
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - April? Why is it so far away?
They air the entire TUF season then fight a few weeks after the last episode. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:00 PM
BrattMamley
1329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's not really anyone else at 205 that I wanna see bones fight. Maybe glover, maybe gust. The only person anyone could argue for is Henderson. I guess machida too but idk I think the UFC is just getting as many big fights out of chael as possible. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:17 PM
Pacinko
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legit lol at this fight....yeeeeah
1/9/13 7:35 PM
n1ck_bAk3d_d1aZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck man, i thought the lhw-belt was suppose to mean something..?
1/9/13 7:38 PM
imbuggin
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/13 7:40 PM
i don't get all the griping about this matchup. there have always been matchups in fighting that are more about entertainment than resumes. the UFC is as good as any other fight organization i've seen at making the fights that matter in a reasonable time frame.

pacquiao and mayweather couldn't avoid each other for years if they fought in the UFC. yeah, every now and then a guy will fight james toney or whatever. but who can really cry about not getting a title shot for a long period of time in the UFC? if you win several fights in a row, you're going to get a title shot.

that's why i get tired of the crying from guys like hendricks. you keep winning and you'll get your shot. given the format, there is no "deserving" a title shot. if people want to change the UFC to a tournament format or create some sort of point system to determine the contenders, that's fair. but those formats don't currently exist. given the current format, they do a pretty good job of eventually putting the toughest guys in the cage together.

don't get me wrong. i understand hendricks being frustrated. i certainly understood fitch being frustrated back in the day. at some point, though, you just have to be responsible for your own situation. fitch could have moved himself to the front of the line earlier had he decided to go out with the intention of finishing people. hendricks would help himself more if he simply said, "screw it. i already think i'm the toughest guy around. give me whoever you want and i'll prove it one guy at a time."

i get the feeling people are angry about this matchup mostly because they just don't like sonnen. it's just personal. if it were their favorite fighter, they wouldn't likely be bitching.
1/9/13 7:46 PM
Animal Chin
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"if you win several fights in a row, you're going to get a title shot."

or lose a fight and move up a weightclass.
1/9/13 7:50 PM
imbuggin
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - "if you win several fights in a row, you're going to get a title shot."

yeah, sometimes those fights happen, too. i won't get my undies in a twist over it. did Choi deserve to fight Fedor? no. was it an entertaining fight? sure. i'm guessing it mostly just boils down to a dislike for sonnen for most people.
1/9/13 7:51 PM
Bad Monkey
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shorebreaker420 -  Funny because most or you were begging for this fight when all you found out Jones refused to fight Sonnen, the ug was lit up that week Phone Post

We thought it was stupid for Jones to not take the fight.  We all just wanted UFC 151 to happen.

We didn't ask for this.  

We don't deserve this.

Why would Dana do this us?  Why, Dana, why?

1/9/13 7:58 PM
Animal Chin
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imbuggin - 
Animal Chin - "if you win several fights in a row, you're going to get a title shot."

yeah, sometimes those fights happen, too. i won't get my undies in a twist over it. did Choi deserve to fight Fedor? no. was it an entertaining fight? sure. i'm guessing it mostly just boils down to a dislike for sonnen for most people.

if the championship wasn't on the line and it was just an exhibition fight in a different promotion like that was, it wouldn't be such a problem.
1/9/13 8:06 PM
imbuggin

Animal Chin - 
imbuggin - 

if the championship wasn't on the line and it was just an exhibition fight in a different promotion like that was, it wouldn't be such a problem.

so you would be fine with it if they announced the exact same card except they said that the belt wasn't on the line? that doesn't make much sense. again, i assume it's mostly a dislike of sonnen.
1/9/13 8:07 PM
Animal Chin

in a different promotion, sure.
1/9/13 8:09 PM
mofomike
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen will win. Phone Post
1/9/13 9:02 PM
ALAR88

Plan on being in the building
1/9/13 10:05 PM
Stea1th

I had such a bad experience at the last ufc in Newark. When I get a chance ill let you guys know how I went from buying fake tickets to getting a front row seat and being seen on ppv. Phone Post
1/21/13 11:21 PM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do u think its worth it to buy the fight club to buy tix tomorrow instead of waiting for Tuesday? I haven't been in fight club for like 2 years. Looking to spend up to $20. Thanks Phone Post
1/22/13 12:17 AM
mike_rizzo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jps1012 - Do u think its worth it to buy the fight club to buy tix tomorrow instead of waiting for Tuesday? I haven't been in fight club for like 2 years. Looking to spend up to $20. Thanks Phone Post
just dropped about 250 on section 2 row 1 seats. Phone Post
1/22/13 12:25 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mike_rizzo -
jps1012 - Do u think its worth it to buy the fight club to buy tix tomorrow instead of waiting for Tuesday? I haven't been in fight club for like 2 years. Looking to spend up to $20. Thanks Phone Post
just dropped about 250 on section 2 row 1 seats. Phone Post
Nice I'm hoping to get those $250 tix too Phone Post
1/22/13 12:30 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Presale was today. Within two hours hundreds of tickets were snatched up and immediately posted on StubHub for double the face value. Phone Post
1/22/13 8:31 AM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete -
Presale was today. Within two hours hundreds of tickets were snatched up and immediately posted on StubHub for double the face value. Phone Post
Damn I got messed up with mlk day Phone Post
1/22/13 9:54 AM
Stea1th

jps1012 - 
Pessimist_Pete -
Damn I got messed up with mlk day Phone Post

thats so wrong
1/22/13 10:11 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So happy got seats. See you guys there! :D

1/22/13 10:13 AM
goocher
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do they keep going back to NJ? The crowd is fucking terrible there. Booing all night last event IIRC.
1/22/13 10:25 AM
bagger
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well this sux. Started trying newsletter pre-sale at 9:58am for 2 cheap seats side by side and they're all sold out. Grrrrrrrrr
1/22/13 10:31 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama

bagger - Well this sux. Started trying newsletter pre-sale at 9:58am for 2 cheap seats side by side and they're all sold out. Grrrrrrrrr

You should've tried at 10 exactly. That's when the presale started.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.