UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> My Karate blues.

1/9/13 4:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChrissyP
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm a Muay Thai guy, live it, love it....but do from the area I live in, a suburb of southern Indiana, the closest Thai boxing school is about 45 minutes to and hour or more, depending on traffic or work...and as we all know gas, prices suck, and then there are gym fees...

With those factors, i've not been able to train Muay thai and it's got me down..and as an aspiring Thaiboxer/ kick boxer, i've decided to try to substituting with Karate and Boxing.

In my area, their are plenty of both Karate and places to learn to box, but there are next to no, if ANY "Hard style" karate schools (i'm right outside of Cincinnati OH)

With much search and no Avail, there is no Kyokushin gyms in the area, or anything similar

So I was wondering, what to do? Do I try to find shotokan, shorin-ryu school and try to alter it to my needs? Do I try to keep searching and hold out in hopes to find full contact style? Open to suggestions! and if anyone in Cincinnati/ky/indiana knows of a hard contact karate gym, let me know!
1/10/13 11:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FRANKI2154
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a Muay Thai school in Urlanger, KY, Son of Siam. There's no hard karate in that area from my research. There's a Kyokushin club in Indianapolis and a Dutch Muay Thai in Louisville,KY called Real Fighters Gym which put out a lot of amateur and pro fighters.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.