UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> First night of actual bjj training?

1/9/13 4:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Docholiday32
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tonight is my first night of actual bjj training. I have already had my first amateur mma fight so I have had a little experience from my coaches and teammates but I have never been to a bjj gym. Just wondering what some of your experiences were on your first day and what should I expect? Phone Post
1/9/13 4:44 PM
DeuceDroppin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP sweet prince Phone Post
1/9/13 5:13 PM
LastRowCarl

Tape your fingers... and heres a secret of the pros, dont shower before or after... deoderant is a huge no no and make sure you take as many garlic suppliments as possible this thins the blood and actually makes you quicker and faster.. but make sure you get the scented variety..and most important yell GOOD JITS! After and high fives all around, even to those who are still rolling in other parts of the gym... Phone Post
1/9/13 5:16 PM
Matrixkick
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LastRowCarl - Tape your fingers... and heres a secret of the pros, dont shower before or after... deoderant is a huge no no and make sure you take as many garlic suppliments as possible this thins the blood and actually makes you quicker and faster.. but make sure you get the scented variety..and most important yell GOOD JITS! After and high fives all around, even to those who are still rolling in other parts of the gym... Phone Post
Solid advice!!! Phone Post
1/9/13 5:19 PM
Matrixkick
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nah for real take it SLOW. Humble and quiet always the best approach. Good luck and have fun getting chocked out! Phone Post
1/9/13 5:52 PM
Docholiday32
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matrixkick - Nah for real take it SLOW. Humble and quiet always the best approach. Good luck and have fun getting chocked out! Phone Post
Haha thanks man. I fully expect to get rolled up the whole time. Especially in my first gi experiance! I just hope the bjj coach is legit and not some ego maniac. Phone Post
1/9/13 6:09 PM
2nolatch4
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/9/13 6:20 PM
Toby Lerone
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swamp ass. You need to make sure you have swamp ass for when you end up in north south. People love that. Phone Post
1/9/13 6:46 PM
AstroGirl
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its great your going to start your first BJJ class! You will probably feel awkward at first, and you may feel like you don't know what you are doing, but that's totally normal and we all started there. Go with the flow and in a few weeks you will start to feel a little more comfortable. The main thing is to have fun!
1/9/13 6:54 PM
OGTT_Darth YOLO
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont try to jerk and mucle around for an arm (Of course homo). Think water. Serious. I realize only now that I am posting a couple of hours into the thread. I hope you had fun. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:02 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OGTT_Darth YOLO - Dont try to jerk and mucle around for an arm (Of course homo). Think water. Serious. I realize only now that I am posting a couple of hours into the thread. I hope you had fun. Phone Post
This.

Position before submission. Try to focus on being smooth and accurate (efficient) with every movement. If you notice that you are using your strength, let it go and attempt to just relax in the position and focus on good control. React to your opponents movements, but don't fight against him. Let the exchanges unfold smoothly instead of trying to force anything to happen. You will probably be swept, mounted, trapped, tapped, etc a billion times doing this, but by staying relaxed you can focus and learn much faster. Phone Post
1/9/13 7:13 PM
Publicnoose

Learn people's names I forgot to and on my second lesson I learned names I feel rather rude for not introducing myself Phone Post
1/9/13 7:53 PM
MMFT

LastRowCarl -  Tape your fingers... and heres a secret of the pros, dont shower before or after... deoderant is a huge no no and make sure you take as many garlic suppliments as possible this thins the blood and actually makes you quicker and faster.. but make sure you get the scented variety..and most important yell GOOD JITS! After and high fives all around, even to those who are still rolling in other parts of the gym... Phone Post

What a faggy post.
1/9/13 11:29 PM
Docholiday32

I just got back and I feel like I did ok for my first time. I think the gi is going to throw me off for a while. I feel like was out of shape mostly! But overall it was fun getting sub'd ! :) Phone Post
1/9/13 11:37 PM
Letibleu
1680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LastRowCarl -  Tape your fingers... and heres a secret of the pros, dont shower before or after... deoderant is a huge no no and make sure you take as many garlic suppliments as possible this thins the blood and actually makes you quicker and faster.. but make sure you get the scented variety..and most important yell GOOD JITS! After and high fives all around, even to those who are still rolling in other parts of the gym... Phone Post

I had decided to buy you a blue name out of the kindness of my heart but after that post I will ask that they reverse the transaction immediately.
1/9/13 11:58 PM
shin2chin
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Docholiday32 -  I just got back and I feel like I did ok for my first time. I think the gi is going to throw me off for a while. I feel like was out of shape mostly! But overall it was fun getting sub'd ! :) Phone Post

Good attitude. Keep at it.
1/10/13 1:50 AM
Matrixkick

shin2chin -
Docholiday32 -  I just got back and I feel like I did ok for my first time. I think the gi is going to throw me off for a while. I feel like was out of shape mostly! But overall it was fun getting sub'd ! :) Phone Post

Good attitude. Keep at it.
Exactly! You'll be just fine. Keep it up!! Phone Post
1/10/13 2:20 AM
Frankie Emelianenko

This thread is enticing me to go give BJJ a real try Phone Post
1/10/13 4:18 AM
HawaiianMobster

Commit to training, Don't ever get discouraged, don't bring an ego into training and expect to get submitted and fcked up haha Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.