UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN: Joe Hogan :) for "The Joe Rogan Experience"

1/26/13 1:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DiscipleDojo
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

Joe Rogan and Justin Wren...demonstrating that people who have VERY different views on religion/worldview issues can nonetheless recognize a good cause and work to make the world better for people in need.

There should be more of this, people.

1/26/13 3:44 PM
justinthevikingwren
1054 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan -

Justin, I'm in!  Contact me through this site's email please

Soon to be done when I get to a computer from this iPhone!

You sir, are the man! Phone Post
1/26/13 3:47 PM
justinthevikingwren
1054 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscipleDojo -

Joe Rogan and Justin Wren...demonstrating that people who have VERY different views on religion/worldview issues can nonetheless recognize a good cause and work to make the world better for people in need.

There should be more of this, people.

BOOMSHAKALAKA!

Pumped to share with him!

Different views shouldn't mean closed minds :-)

Joe is a good dude and I am PUMPED that he has an open mind to open his platform for a GOOD thing. Classy stuff! Phone Post
1/26/13 3:53 PM
justinthevikingwren

Uncle Muay Thai - Have you shopped this idea to tv stations? I think this would make a great reality show. It's such a fantastic thing you are doing you deserve some recognition. God bless. Phone Post
Thanks bro!

I haven't to be honest... But a filmmaker just called and we spoke over an hour!

The thing is I don't really want recognition for me... I just want to make a difference for THEM! However that's possible and the more people that know, the more that can be done!

My hope is to form a TRUE "support tribe" for the tribe! Built of a team of many individuals... A mass of individuals, with different talents and gifts and platforms to get CHANGE for the Pygmies.

"Kony 2012" sure did good in terms of hits and awareness... But it didn't do a whole lot of good. Entertaining but not life changing... That is the furthest thing from my goals. Life change is the only goal. True impact. Phone Post
1/26/13 4:11 PM
Barbalos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This seems like a great cause, best of luck man and I will continue to follow your efforts with interest.
1/26/13 4:21 PM
ItwasAlwaysFumbles
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Justin, have you thought about organizing a fundraising concert, or something along those lines? I play in a local band out of Kentucky, and we've done benefit shows in the past that raised a decent amount of money for a few needy families. I'm willing to bet that something on a larger scale would generate additional resources. Just a suggestion. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your journey. Phone Post
1/26/13 4:22 PM
justinthevikingwren

Thanks bro! I really appreciate it! Phone Post
1/26/13 4:23 PM
justinthevikingwren

ItwasAlwaysFumbles - Hey Justin, have you thought about organizing a fundraising concert, or something along those lines? I play in a local band out of Kentucky, and we've done benefit shows in the past that raised a decent amount of money for a few needy families. I'm willing to bet that something on a larger scale would generate additional resources. Just a suggestion. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your journey. Phone Post
Dude I never thought about that! What would be a few logistical things for that?!?!

I like the sound of that! Man, thanks for adding some fuel to the fire! Phone Post
1/26/13 4:29 PM
ItwasAlwaysFumbles
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Promotions, finding the venue, booking the bands, finding the equipment. Would be some work involved but it would be fun. If my area was any bigger I would offer to help organize it myself. I've organized over 100 local shows, but nothing on the scale that this deserves. Phone Post
1/26/13 4:40 PM
justinthevikingwren

ItwasAlwaysFumbles - Promotions, finding the venue, booking the bands, finding the equipment. Would be some work involved but it would be fun. If my area was any bigger I would offer to help organize it myself. I've organized over 100 local shows, but nothing on the scale that this deserves. Phone Post
Where are you located?

And thanks so much for the support and input. Dude... 5,000 bucks is 10% of my minimum goal for the year and a 1,000 slaves free.

5,000 bucks sets 100 slaves FREE! I'm down to go anywhere and do anything to help these peeps bro. Phone Post
1/26/13 4:47 PM
ItwasAlwaysFumbles

I live in Cadiz, ky, a small town about an hour and a half away from Nashville down I 24. I've been doing local music shows since 1999 in my hometown and the surrounding areas. A benefit for pygmies might be a tough sell in my town (we have two stoplights, if that tells you anything), but in a bigger town, who knows? I'd be down for playing it regardless. Phone Post
1/26/13 8:28 PM
DiscipleDojo
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin, if you haven't already, you should try to get in touch with Louie Giglio and/or Gary Haugen. They're two of the top anti-slavery/human-trafficking figures in the nation, hands-down. Well worth trying to connect with. 

1/27/13 3:31 PM
justinthevikingwren

DiscipleDojo -

Justin, if you haven't already, you should try to get in touch with Louie Giglio and/or Gary Haugen. They're two of the top anti-slavery/human-trafficking figures in the nation, hands-down. Well worth trying to connect with. 

Bro! Great idea!

By the way... You are good at contacting people, how would I connect with a dude like Louie? Phone Post
1/28/13 1:28 AM
DiscipleDojo

justinthevikingwren - 
DiscipleDojo -

Bro! Great idea!

By the way... You are good at contacting people, how would I connect with a dude like Louie? Phone Post

I'd send a letter to his church in ATL and follow up with a phone call to their office letting them know who you are and what you're doing, Might even be worth flying to visit one weekend and attend a service to let him or some on staff there know what's up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.