UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fitness accountability challenge 2013!!

1/10/13 12:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/10/13 1:11 AM

Every year most of us make New Years resolutions. One of the most common resolutions is to be healthier, eat better, be more fit and/or to lose weight. More often than not the reason we fail to meet our fitness goals is cause we don't have any accountability for them. This year I made several fitness goals. A 2 month goal, a 6 month goal and a year goal (which I will share with u later, as they don't really matter right now). To help ensure I meet the goals I've set forth for myself I've enlisted several people to keep me accountable.

My challenge to the UG is to find someone or even several people on teh UG (or OG.. if ur into that sort of thing..) to be accountability partners with this year, to motivate each other to meet our goals! Cause lets face it, self motivation can be a bitch, especially when it comes to working out. But when u have someone checking in on u and going through the same struggle that u are it makes it a lot more motivating to get off ur ass and put in some work!

I asked my good homie UGCTT Captain America to be my accountability partner in this journey. What we do is anytime he's going to workout he texts me and I stop what I'm doing and workout also. And same to him, anytime I workout I text him and he does the same. I know this wont work out as well for everyone being that people work a ton and have kids and lives and all that, but don't let that stop u. Find a rhythm that works for u and go for it.

Lets all motivate each other! This place is our community and our family. Like u, love u, or hate u, I wish u the best and will do my best to help u how I can. Cheers to the new year and let's do work!! Phone Post

1/10/13 12:23 AM
WestCoastMexican
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for living a healthier lifestyle... It's already been a month since I've drinken/smoken/used any drugs. It's been hard but this is my year. Phone Post
1/10/13 12:33 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now, as far as the goals I've set for myself. I feel strongly that one of the best ways to achieve ur goal is to tell everyone what it is. That way u feel like an asshole when u don't go through with it. Like I said before I have a 2 month goal, 6 month goal and a year goal. My 2 month goal is to lose 20 pounds by March 7 (2 months from when I started). I'm 172 (as of this morning) and if I can hit 152 by March 7 I will reregister with CAMO (California Ammy MMA organization) and apply for a featherweight fight this spring. I was supposed to have my first ammy fight Jan 21 last year but got injured 4 weeks out and didn't pass the prefight physical. It's been eating at me ever since. So it means a lot to me to make this happen.

My 6 month goal is to be back to be between 138-142 (my walking weight when I was at my peak last year) by 4th of July. In which I will apply for an ammy fight at bantamweight (my natural fighting weight).

And my goal for the year is to achieve both of my previous goals, stay healthy and fight a third time. With the help of UGCTT Captain as well as my friends, family and all of u crazy MF's, I know I can make it happen! Lets do this guys. I got ur back and I know u got mine!

Fuck teh UG! Fuck teh OG! And fuck being lazy and out of shape! 2013 is ours! Phone Post
1/10/13 12:33 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

WestCoastMexican - In for living a healthier lifestyle... It's already been a month since I've drinken/smoken/used any drugs. It's been hard but this is my year. Phone Post
Fucking fantastic man! Keep it up!! Phone Post
1/10/13 12:54 AM
UGCTT Captain America
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is true, and it works. UGCTT Sid Rival hit me up earlier and I put down my beer and jumped on the elliptical. Phone Post
1/10/13 1:04 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America - This is true, and it works. UGCTT Sid Rival hit me up earlier and I put down my beer and jumped on the elliptical. Phone Post
Hell yeah he did. Even cussed at me a little. But he did it. Phone Post
1/10/13 1:24 AM
UGCTT Captain America
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival -
UGCTT Captain America - This is true, and it works. UGCTT Sid Rival hit me up earlier and I put down my beer and jumped on the elliptical. Phone Post
You don't want to know what in doing now, though, haha! Phone Post
1/10/13 2:17 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT_SidRival -
Beep? Phone Post
1/10/13 3:06 AM
UGCTT Captain America

UGCTT_SidRival -
UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT_SidRival -
Beep? Phone Post
Haha, nope! Just undoing some exercise. Beer, cigars, Taco Bell, and beer. You know, fun stuff. Phone Post
1/10/13 5:00 AM
victorchensky
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival -  Now, as far as the goals I've set for myself. I feel strongly that one of the best ways to achieve ur goal is to tell everyone what it is. That way u feel like an asshole when u don't go through with it. Like I said before I have a 2 month goal, 6 month goal and a year goal. My 2 month goal is to lose 20 pounds by March 7 (2 months from when I started). I'm 172 (as of this morning) and if I can hit 152 by March 7 I will reregister with CAMO (California Ammy MMA organization) and apply for a featherweight fight this spring. I was supposed to have my first ammy fight Jan 21 last year but got injured 4 weeks out and didn't pass the prefight physical. It's been eating at me ever since. So it means a lot to me to make this happen.

My 6 month goal is to be back to be between 138-142 (my walking weight when I was at my peak last year) by 4th of July. In which I will apply for an ammy fight at bantamweight (my natural fighting weight).

And my goal for the year is to achieve both of my previous goals, stay healthy and fight a third time. With the help of UGCTT Captain as well as my friends, family and all of u crazy MF's, I know I can make it happen! Lets do this guys. I got ur back and I know u got mine!

Fuck teh UG! Fuck teh OG! And fuck being lazy and out of shape! 2013 is ours! Phone Post

where u train at man
1/10/13 11:06 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT_SidRival -
UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT_SidRival -
Beep? Phone Post
Haha, nope! Just undoing some exercise. Beer, cigars, Taco Bell, and beer. You know, fun stuff. Phone Post
Ur killing me smalls lol Phone Post
1/10/13 11:11 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

victorchensky -
UGCTT_SidRival -  Now, as far as the goals I've set for myself. I feel strongly that one of the best ways to achieve ur goal is to tell everyone what it is. That way u feel like an asshole when u don't go through with it. Like I said before I have a 2 month goal, 6 month goal and a year goal. My 2 month goal is to lose 20 pounds by March 7 (2 months from when I started). I'm 172 (as of this morning) and if I can hit 152 by March 7 I will reregister with CAMO (California Ammy MMA organization) and apply for a featherweight fight this spring. I was supposed to have my first ammy fight Jan 21 last year but got injured 4 weeks out and didn't pass the prefight physical. It's been eating at me ever since. So it means a lot to me to make this happen.

where u train at man
Was training at Bakersfield Brazilian jiujitsu and sparring with Brian Cobb and some of his guys at CSUB. Looking for a new gym right now that's more striking based. I'm a far more advanced striker than grappler at this point. Phone Post
1/10/13 11:16 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

I really want to check out Dan Camarillo's place, Bakersfield Elite Martial Arts and also Eric Nolan's Xtreme Training Center. Phone Post
1/10/13 11:34 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Already in... Been cheating on Team Fat Kid.... Joined the get Abbs thread on the OG and threw out the name Team Ab... It stuck, everyone's claiming...I'm not sure if they now I'm also president of team fat kid... Kinda conflicting but hey... It's all HEALTH this year!

At the Gym sweating my ass off right now!!

Already dropped 8 lbs in 10 days!

Team Ab Phone Post
1/10/13 11:41 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Fuck yeah bro! RIP TFK! Phone Post
1/10/13 11:45 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival - Fuck yeah bro! RIP TFK! Phone Post
Started at 235lbs 6ft-1"... Down to 227... Wanna get to 195-200lbs... Then Call out Jones!!!

War Team All Health Phone Post
1/10/13 12:04 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_El Pescadero -
Started at 235lbs 6ft-1"... Down to 227... Wanna get to 195-200lbs... Then Call out Jones!!!

Lol yeah buddy! Greg Jackson will advise Jones not to take a fight with a motivated Pesc and he'll tuck. Then you'll get to coach TUF and get a shot at him anyways!! War Team All Health! Phone Post
1/10/13 1:50 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_SidRival -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -

Lol yeah buddy! Greg Jackson will advise Jones not to take a fight with a motivated Pesc and he'll tuck. Then you'll get to coach TUF and get a shot at him anyways!! War Team All Health! Phone Post
Lmao... Team All Health!! Phone Post
1/10/13 1:56 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT CA text me about an hour ago and he knocked out some miles on his bike so I did some interval training circuits. 2013 is gonna be our bitch! Phone Post
1/10/13 1:59 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_SidRival - UGCTT CA text me about an hour ago and he knocked out some miles on his bike so I did some interval training circuits. 2013 is gonna be our bitch! Phone Post
It's All fucking Health!! Phone Post
1/10/13 2:17 PM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatLoser - I don't like exercise it's unpleasant, I prefer Gateaux

Health tip.

Get the half fat type then you can eat twice as much.
1/10/13 2:23 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Truemanc3 -
FatLoser - I don't like exercise it's unpleasant, I prefer Gateaux

Health tip.

Get the half fat type then you can eat twice as much.
Logic right there. Phone Post
1/11/13 8:06 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

It's 5 o'clock in the morning... N Pescy just got done boning.... Now I'm off to go Gyming .... Cause it's time to start thinning... It's 5 o'clock in the morning!!!

Get yours Team All Health! Phone Post
1/11/13 2:26 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_El Pescadero - It's 5 o'clock in the morning... N Pescy just got done boning.... Now I'm off to go Gyming .... Cause it's time to start thinning... It's 5 o'clock in the morning!!!

Lol war Pesc! Team All Health! My legs are killing me today from the squats I did yesterday haha. Just means I need to do more today! Phone Post
1/11/13 2:32 PM
UGCTT Captain America

UGCTT_SidRival -
UGCTT_El Pescadero - It's 5 o'clock in the morning... N Pescy just got done boning.... Now I'm off to go Gyming .... Cause it's time to start thinning... It's 5 o'clock in the morning!!!

Lol war Pesc! Team All Health! My legs are killing me today from the squats I did yesterday haha. Just means I need to do more today! Phone Post
That's good, because I'm about to start the elliptical and my squats Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.