UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fitness accountability challenge 2013!!

2/25/13 5:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFapMaster - 
bozy -  Serious question..I have done every diet known to man. Weight sticks to me like stink on @#$*. Any suggestions on how to speed up my very slow metabolism would be appriciated Phone Post

PM me your email address and I'll send you a couple of really good/simple diets for cutting weight.

If I may recommend also thumbing through the mike dolce Q&A thread. There is a wealth of knowledge in there. 

2/25/13 5:52 PM
Death
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub

2/25/13 8:59 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1949 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bozy -
UGCTT_SidRival -
TheFapMaster - 
bozy -  Serious question..I have done every diet known to man. Weight sticks to me like stink on @#$*. Any suggestions on how to speed up my very slow metabolism would be appriciated Phone Post

PM me your email address and I'll send you a couple of really good/simple diets for cutting weight.

If I may recommend also thumbing through the mike dolce Q&A thread. There is a wealth of knowledge in there. 

Thank you both. Yea I've done lurked through that thread acouple times. Some 1st day measurements: waist 68" chest 64" biscep 22" thighs 38":...I'm a 'Big Boy' Phone Post
Your a Tank my man... Welcome aboard and gd luck on the Drop! Phone Post
2/25/13 9:01 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1949 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartialArtsMixed - ran 17 miles yesterday, marathon is in 3 weeks!
Wow... Awsome, I ride the bike for 17miles and I'm spent , couldn't imagine running it, gd stuff!

War team all Health Phone Post
2/28/13 1:10 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

bozy - First 3 days lost 5lbs...got a Target date of August 1 2014 to hit 250lbs. Phone Post
Right on... Stay focused on the end game... Will be struggles and slip ups I'm sure, but keep pushing forward!

You should biggest loser up and get 250k$ and your health!!

I ask for only 2% for planting the seed... Which will be donated in full to needy Charities.

War team All Health

Did the Sticks and 45 minutes of cardio earlier!! Phone Post
3/1/13 2:13 PM
HitsToTheDome
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry for not checking in more often.  This past month I had a lot of...lets call them "distractions" and shit to deal with.  I wasn't able to put in as much time and effort as I would have liked to.  I also lost a lot of motivation along the way because my head wasn't in it.  Excuses and bullshit aside...I did still manage to drop almost 4 pounds and stay ahead of the goals I set.

My goal for March 1 was 168...today I weighed in at 164.2...

I'm down a total of 11.2 pounds so far and my next goal [for April 1] was originally 164 but I should be able to reach 160.  I'm feeling good and motivated again so it's time to fuck these goals up.

-AH-

3/1/13 2:35 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry guys been a few days. I've been going into work at 430am and not getting off til around 430pm. Working in a 0 degrees freezer. It sucks ass. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna quit when I get off today haha. Not worth the hours or pay. Gave it a shot but I'm gonna keep my unemployment for now and look for something else. Oilfields are hiring again so I'm gonna try and go back to that. Glad to hear everyone is killing it though. War u guys and war all health! Phone Post
3/4/13 11:07 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

bozy - Sup guys, hope all is well. I'm down 12lbs first wk. So let's go wk 2! UG!! Phone Post
Dude that's awesome!!! Congrats and keep it up! Phone Post
3/5/13 2:47 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Worst Flu I have experienced since the Swine Flu... Haven't been to gym in 5 days, fever, sweats, aches... Sweating threw shirts like its nothing... Probably will make 135lb after this horrible Sickness!

Hope everyone else is doing Good... Sid will follow threw on what I said I would do as soon as I can get up n about, been stuck inside since last Thursday...Gotta hit the bank n pay sum bills before I can hook u up.

Team Wish I was Health Phone Post
3/8/13 1:31 PM
Letibleu
1475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been lazy about posting in, sorry for that. The past 2 weeks i got really lazy about my food intake. I have been host to a bunch of get togethers and cooking healthy for myself has been tough After UFC 158 I will go back to it. I am doing cardio 3 times a week instead of every day.

I do fasted cardio now which is what I learned from Dolce doing the Q&A. I also do shorter but more intense sessions, 3 times a day instead of once.

I am down to 172Lbs (a little over 16 lbs) though!!! I dont see it in my neck/chin yet but i can see a major change in the mid section.

There is a cool article from Matt Hughes and his diet on UFC.com. One interesting tidbit he talks about is catabolic foods. I am new to the nutrition side of foods so this was all new to me. I thought I would share the article because it does contain interesting food information.

I did more reading about catabolic foods and basically if you want to go on a crash diet, eating those food raw when possible and other than seasoning, unadulterated when cooked is a sure and safe way to do it. They provide the nutrients to stay healthy yet dont provide less calories tan needed to just digest them. It's a bit more complex than that, but it is a great subject to research.

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-fit-eat-like-hall-of-famer-matt-hughes

3/8/13 1:32 PM
Letibleu
1475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/08/13 1:32 PM

Everyone wants to be in better shape -- “Most of the questions I get are about training,” says Matt Hughes, recently retired UFC Hall of Famer and current vice president of athlete development. But according to him, it's food that has a bigger impact on your daily performance, whether you're a professional athlete or a corporate cube-dweller.

“I think the diet is an area where some of the younger fighters need help; a proper diet helps you sleep, practice, and perform better in the Octagon.” And now that he's a family man with a "real" job, Hughes still sticks to the same basic dietary guidelines he used when he was fighting.

Here, Hughes' eight basic rules for a healthy diet: 

Eat Often
Instead of eating three massive meals per day, Hughes opts for smaller portions that are more spread out. “I’ll have a protein shake and almonds for breakfast, and then a Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream shake after I lift weights in the morning,” he reveals. “I’ll eat lunch between 11:30-12:15 p.m., snack on an apple before picking up my kids at school, and then have a meal between 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.”

Don’t Forget The Fruit
“I eat a lot of apples because they’re convenient to throw in my truck or bag, but I try not to eat them before bed because of the sugar content,” he says. Ideal times to consume fruits are in the morning, before a workout, or as a midday snack.

Consume Catabolic Foods
Convenience aside, Hughes is sweet on apples for another reason — they’re a catabolic food that burns more calories than they contain. “Each apple is only 100 calories, and it takes the body 200 calories to digest that apple,” he tells us. Other examples of catabolic foods: strawberries, plums, blueberries, grapes, lettuce, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, spinach, carrots, crayfish, mussels, lobster and shrimp.   

Check Labels
“I look at the protein, carb, and sugar content,” Hughes says. “Sometimes I’ll check sodium as well, but if there are more sugars than good carbs, I don’t have anything to do with it.”

Don’t Demonize Fats
Too much saturated or trans fats can lead to a higher risk of heart disease and raise cholesterol. However, unsaturated fats — polyunsaturated fatty acids and monounsaturated fats — can do the opposite.  Hughes’ preference when it comes to monosaturated fats? Almonds. “I like to have them with breakfast,” he says. “For your body to release fat, you need to take in fat.” 

Choose Cheat Meals Wisely
With three young kids (ages 16, 13, and 3) and a “wife with a sweet tooth” in the house, the temptation to snack on something sugary or sweet is always there for Hughes. “My wife loves to bake … but she also works out every morning. So if we have a cheat day, we know the next day we’re going to create a fire hot enough to burn it off.” 

Make Water Your Go-To Drink
Alcohol can hinder muscle growth by inhibiting muscle protein synthesis, and sports drinks — although beneficial in replacing lost micronutrients after hard training sessions that last an hour or longer — are often guilty of providing more calories, sodium, and sugar that the body needs. “I’ve always enjoyed a big glass of water,” he admits. “Every so often I have a sweet tea, but I know that’s not great for me so I try not to drink a lot of it. I don’t drink much alcohol. Nothing against it, but with my lifestyle, I’m not around it. A big night for me is getting kids ready for bed and watching some TV.”

Limit Red Meat Intake
Yes, Hughes is an avid hunter, but that doesn't mean he's solely a carnivore. Red meat is high in iron, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B-12. As noted earlier, it’s also high in saturated fat. Hughes eats red meat sparingly, instead choosing lean meats or fish. “If I’m at a steakhouse, there’s no doubt about it — I’m ordering a good filet,” he says. “[But] many times at restaurants I’ll order fish because I don’t cook it well and I know it’s good for me; I try to eat a couple portions of fish per week.”

3/8/13 4:45 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

TheFapMaster - You all arent going to believe this but it's the 110% truth. I have got strep throat AGAIN...for the 3rd damn time this winter. Look above...I just came off meds for this shit 2 days ago.

I am so pissed off and frustrated right now, that I dont even know what to say. I havent been in the gym since last Thursday. This is the THIRD time that I've missed 4-5 days because of this shit. Saw a doctor today and started another round of meds. Hope to be back this weekend.

I know I'm picking this up in the gym. Have to be. CANNOT wait for winter to be OVER.

Sorry to hear about your deal, Pescy. This sucks!!!!!!!
U need to get those tonsils taken out brother. I used to get it all the time too. Mostly from being in poor health and constantly kissing random bar skanks, but tonsillectomy was an option I was given. Instead I just garages exercising and quit kissing scuzzy girls haha. Phone Post
3/8/13 4:45 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

bozy - Awsm read, much appriciated...I'm down 22 lbs and see results in the way my clothes fit and how I move.. Phone Post
Killing it bro! Phone Post
3/8/13 4:46 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Letibleu thanks for the article! Phone Post
3/9/13 12:18 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Back on the Grind... Finally over this flu... Chest n Tri's!

War Team All Health Phone Post
3/9/13 3:19 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_El Pescadero - Back on the Grind... Finally over this flu... Chest n Tri's!

War Team All Health Phone Post
Glad ur on the mend brother! Me new headgear showed up this week so I'll be sparring again starting this week. I'm pumped. Phone Post
3/13/13 1:16 AM
HitsToTheDome
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good shit guys! Keep it up. I'm down 13 pounds so far since I started. 164 was my original target for April 1...and I'm at 162.4 already.
3/13/13 3:26 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Sorry guys. I'm still here. Thrilled to hear ur progress Boz! So stoked for all the strides that have been made as a result of this. I would post a pic but it would look very similar to the one I already posted haha. Through my lack of drive I was very inconsistent and therefore haven't lost anything, but at least maintained. However.. I did spar legit today for the first time in 15 months today. I did some technique sparring a few weeks ago with someone that's never sparred before and wanted to give it a go. But today I got after it with one of my old training partners. We only did 3 rounds cause it was our first time back in so long but it felt awesome to really get after it. Nothing like getting punched in the head to remind u that slacking on ur training can be dangerous haha. I also have a meeting tomorrow about getting into the health/fitness field as a career. Basically been offered a low level starting position at a gym but will have the mentoring available to get all my personal training certs and a position once I have them. I'll update u all after I know more about it. But I'm excited to have a plan again for once. I also decided to start a fitness blog. Kind of like this one but more personal and in depth. Idk where it how to host it yet (is live journal still around?) but I'll post what I wrote for today here for u guys to check out. War Team All Health! Phone Post
3/13/13 3:30 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Sid Rival's Fitness blog

3/12 
Today I sparred legit for the first time in 15 months. I had sparred really light with a friend that has never sparred and doesn't train any stand up about a month ago. It was just kind of going through the motions with him, teaching him defense and getting his feet wet. Today was for real. I got tagged up a bit in the first round. My feet felt heavy and my timing was horrible. Being overweight and out of shape didn't do me any favors either. It's also not an excuse cause my sparring partner is out of shape right now also. Early in round 2, I was out of stance and leaned into a hard clean shot that actually hit me hard enough to knock me off balance and I went down. It was exactly what I needed to get my mind right though. I got right back up, and started to find my rhythm and timing immediately. Second round was pretty even once I got focused after the knockdown. Round 3 I really started to feel like it was coming back. Started to find my range at the end of the second and dialed it in during the third. Was able to dig him to the body pretty good at the end of the round and feel that I did really well in that frame. We only went 3 rounds today since it was our first day back in over a year but it was exactly what I needed to help fuel the fire again. Nothing like getting punched in the head to remind u that there are repercussions for slacking off on ur training. Have a meeting tomorrow night to go over the game plan I have for my new career and discuss some entrepreneurial options for my future. There are gonna be times where life will buck u off the horse. It's ur job to get up, dust urself off, and punch that horse right in the face, then get on another horse. Totally excited to be back on the horse again. Kaboom. 
3/13/13 6:34 AM
random_muppett
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it too late to get involved in this? I'm at about 194, and want to get to about 168 or so. Fairly active (gym or BJJ 4-5 times a week) but my diet SUCKS.

Be good to hear what's working for you guys that ate doing so well. Phone Post
3/13/13 8:44 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

I'm still hanging tough ... Down 22lbs since I started, the flu last week was miserable, but I'm feeling better... Just reloaded at the Nutrition shop yesterday... Pre workout Drink, recoup for during and later in the day and New batch of Protein powder... I'm feeling great, and every person I see who I haven't seen for a little while says I look good... Ill post update pic soon!

Back n Bi's today Phone Post
3/13/13 8:44 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

random_muppett - Is it too late to get involved in this? I'm at about 194, and want to get to about 168 or so. Fairly active (gym or BJJ 4-5 times a week) but my diet SUCKS.

Get on board.... Never to late for Health! Phone Post
3/13/13 9:59 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_El Pescadero -
random_muppett - Is it too late to get involved in this? I'm at about 194, and want to get to about 168 or so. Fairly active (gym or BJJ 4-5 times a week) but my diet SUCKS.

Get on board.... Never to late for Health! Phone Post
Never too late! Today is the best day. Welcome! Phone Post
3/13/13 2:02 PM
random_muppett
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In!

Although ad I'm heading off on vacation for two weeks as of next Thursday there won't be much happening at my end tip after then. Phone Post
3/13/13 3:23 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

random_muppett - In!

Although ad I'm heading off on vacation for two weeks as of next Thursday there won't be much happening at my end tip after then. Phone Post
Yeah I wild each it lol too Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.