UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fitness accountability challenge 2013!!

4/12/13 4:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE Louisville Cardinals - I don't think I'll ever be blue....*sigh*

Mudnamer for life bitches!!
U can do it bud. Just have to plug away. I've been blue since shortly after I joined and never actually paid for one. Won a couple blue name contests and then someone renewed it for me right before it expired this year. Made a thread about it but never found out who actually did it. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 4:52 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bozy - This thread is an amazing go fetters for me guys. Thanx alot Phone Post
The infamous go fetters. Nothing like bondage restraints to get a person motivated! Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 6:16 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

So I alluded to this the other night but wanted to double check my facts before posting.

I learned something the other night after my run that I wanted to share. I had no clue about this so there's a good chance some of u did not as well. Or maybe u do and I'm just behind the curve haha. Anyways, lately after some long hot cardio sessions (30 mins with a hoodie on) I've noticed a very strong and distinct smell of ammonia. Asked my gf if she could smell it and she couldn't. Same story with her mom. It was just me but it was very strong. Finally decided to google it and all I typed was "smell ammon.." And the second thing that showed up was "smell ammonia after running." So I knew I wasn't crazy. Anyrate u read a few articles and found out that it was in fact ammonia I smelt and it was a result of protein metabolism. And it turns out this happens when ur carbohydrate deficient. I wasn't getting enough carbs before my runs so my body was converting protein to glucose for fuel. So if u smell ammonia after a hard run or workout then up ur carb intake prior and during.

http://site.runtex.com/index.php/2012/06/ammonia-smell-after-running-heres-whats-happening/

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/qa-why-this-strong-smell-of-ammonia/2029.html Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 11:29 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

bozy - That is crazy... I just bought a home gym and a stand up bag so I am pretty happy today. Phone Post
Awesome! Get it man. I fucking love to unload on my BOB punching dummy everyday. Wish I had somewhere to hang a bag though. Want a speedbag too. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 1:25 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

bozy -
UGCTT_SidRival -
bozy - That is crazy... I just bought a home gym and a stand up bag so I am pretty happy today. Phone Post
Awesome! Get it man. I fucking love to unload on my BOB punching dummy everyday. Wish I had somewhere to hang a bag though. Want a speedbag too. Phone Post 3.0
Walked into a sweet deal, got a 250lb stand up bag for $5. And the 3 station gym for $125. Bought a everlast 100lb c3 bag for $60......a lot of sweat to go Phone Post
$5?!?!? Who'd u kill for that lol? Sweet deal man. Great equipment to have. Super jelly. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 2:51 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

bozy -
UGCTT_SidRival -
bozy -
UGCTT_SidRival -
Walked into a sweet deal, got a 250lb stand up bag for $5. And the 3 station gym for $125. Bought a everlast 100lb c3 bag for $60......a lot of sweat to go Phone Post
$5?!?!? Who'd u kill for that lol? Sweet deal man. Great equipment to have. Super jelly. Phone Post 3.0
Some young mom needing space for her kids...I asked her twice. Felt bad like I was ripn her off, but she said it didn't mean anything to her....Musta been baby daddys who ran off Phone Post
Lol nice. Oh well. Sweet deal for u. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 5:59 AM
Spoonie Luv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival - So I alluded to this the other night but wanted to double check my facts before posting.

I learned something the other night after my run that I wanted to share. I had no clue about this so there's a good chance some of u did not as well. Or maybe u do and I'm just behind the curve haha. Anyways, lately after some long hot cardio sessions (30 mins with a hoodie on) I've noticed a very strong and distinct smell of ammonia. Asked my gf if she could smell it and she couldn't. Same story with her mom. It was just me but it was very strong. Finally decided to google it and all I typed was "smell ammon.." And the second thing that showed up was "smell ammonia after running." So I knew I wasn't crazy. Anyrate u read a few articles and found out that it was in fact ammonia I smelt and it was a result of protein metabolism. And it turns out this happens when ur carbohydrate deficient. I wasn't getting enough carbs before my runs so my body was converting protein to glucose for fuel. So if u smell ammonia after a hard run or workout then up ur carb intake prior and during.

http://site.runtex.com/index.php/2012/06/ammonia-smell-after-running-heres-whats-happening/

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/qa-why-this-strong-smell-of-ammonia/2029.html Phone Post 3.0
Oh shit. I smell that all the time lol. Losing all kinds of gains :0( Phone Post
4/14/13 2:15 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Spoonie Luv -
UGCTT_SidRival - So I alluded to this the other night but wanted to double check my facts before posting.

Oh shit. I smell that all the time lol. Losing all kinds of gains :0( Phone Post
Seriously. It tripped me out that no one else could smell it. Then I started tracking it and researching. Smelt it 3 out of the 4 days I ran one week. Finally looked it up and that's what I found. Ironically enough to back up their evidence the one night I didn't smell it I had pasta for dinner. All carbs haha.

Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 1:28 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Fucking smelt it again tonight! I need to buy some Gatorade tomorrow. And some high carb snacks to load pre workout. Back on the grind in the morning. Not training Caleb anymore but gonna start working hard on my S&C again and improving my kickboxing game. 

4/15/13 10:35 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back n Bi's !!

Get it team Health Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 1:27 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Just got done. One and a half mile run outdoors, pull ups, dips, inverted rows, then 5 rounds of jits, and 5 rounds of pad work. Not a bad first day back. But I am bushed haha.

Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 3:14 PM
UGCTT Captain America
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Took my bike out for a short ride Saturday, and again today. I'll be doing some upper body later. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 12:04 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America - Took my bike out for a short ride Saturday, and again today. I'll be doing some upper body later. Phone Post 3.0
Awesome job Cpt. Keep it up. Glad the knee is doing better. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 12:06 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

bozy - Sup guys, hope none of you were bothered bye the bomb in Boston. Stay positive and keep it up Phone Post
My parents had close friends over there for the marathon. There son was running. Fortunately a mutual friend told us that he finished about an hour before the attack though we haven't yet heard directly from them. Terrible tragedy though. I'll never understand the reason for things like this. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 12:08 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

I did just get another 1.75 miles on the treadmill though at a 7% incline. Gonna start doubling up a few days a week. Gonna see how much I can drop before summer hits. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 11:10 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

bozy -
UGCTT_SidRival -
bozy - Sup guys, hope none of you were bothered bye the bomb in Boston. Stay positive and keep it up Phone Post
My parents had close friends over there for the marathon. There son was running. Fortunately a mutual friend told us that he finished about an hour before the attack though we haven't yet heard directly from them. Terrible tragedy though. I'll never understand the reason for things like this. Phone Post 3.0
Me either man, stuff like this is why I stay as positive as I can. Yoi never know when your time is up. Might as well have fun Phone Post
Good outlook to keep. I've always said "life is a roller coaster, it has it's twists and turns and it's ups and down, and its over way too fast. But I love roller coasters so I'm gonna enjoy the ride." Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 11:13 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

My body feels like jelly today haha. So pathetic. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 11:18 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bozy -
UGCTT_SidRival -
Me either man, stuff like this is why I stay as positive as I can. Yoi never know when your time is up. Might as well have fun Phone Post
I agree... Learned that lesson when my dad passed away a week before my 21st (due to Alcoholism) ... Life is very precious!

Legs n Abs today!!

Get your Health on!!!

-Sid great pic, u look spent! Nothing better than being worn out from an activity/Excercise you love to do. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 10:32 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Dude I was dust haha. Spent yesterday in a complete state of recovery. Out the door right now for another round! War team health! Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 10:54 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Chest n Tri's

War All Health Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 1:47 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Back n Bi's!

War All Health Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 1:49 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Get it! I'll be hitting upper body after lunch. Had a pretty crazy morning today so I'm behind. But I'm gonna get it in. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 2:23 PM
UGCTT Captain America
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yesterday I swung a hammer for 11 min, did a bunch of push-ups and took the bike for a spin. Today, I just finished legs.

All health! Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 2:56 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT Captain America - Yesterday I swung a hammer for 11 min, did a bunch of push-ups and took the bike for a spin. Today, I just finished legs.

Get it my man!! Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 4:38 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America - Yesterday I swung a hammer for 11 min, did a bunch of push-ups and took the bike for a spin. Today, I just finished legs.

Damn sucka! Killing it again. HW division could be in trouble soon! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.