UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fitness accountability challenge 2013!!

8/2/13 4:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Captain America
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MagSlim - For the people getting flats on bikes, google Mr. Tuffys bike tire liner. It's kinda like having a steel belted radial tire on your bike, and they're like $5.

You will never have a flat again -- unless its a pinch flat from too little air. Phone Post 3.0
I'll look into that, thanks! Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 11:33 PM
HitsToTheDome
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tore my LCL six weeks ago which is why I didn't have any updates last month or weigh in.  The knee still isn't 100% but I'm just happy it's healed as good as it has and I didn't need surgery.  No insurance = no doctors = used google for everything and did my own physical therapy from injury specific exercises I found on medical websites and youtube.  From what I read (based on severity of the tear) it can take 2-8 weeks to get back to physical activity.  At four weeks I started light workouts with no stress/impact on the knee (mostly upper body/core stuff).  At five weeks I started short distance runs.  At six weeks I'm basically doing everything, just only at about a 50% intensity level from what I'd normally do and of course no high impact stress activities for the knee.  I'm trying to be safe.  I probably could have prevented the tear if I paid attention to what my body was telling me.  My knee was clicking/locking for 2 days but I didn't rest, just kept going.  Sometimes you've just got to learn for yourself (as I did) and know you can only push so hard before you break.  It sucks, nothing but a setback, but also a lesson learned.  Don't forget the body needs rest.

Anyway...my original goal by August 1 was 149...

- I didn't weigh in last month but June 1 I was at 154...so in the last two months I'm down 7 pounds.
- My total weight loss so far is 28.4 pounds.
- Next month's goal is 146.

One pound is nothing but it seems like each time I've aimed for more than my original goals something goes wrong...so I'm going to just stick with it this time.

8/3/13 12:21 AM
UGCTT_AndersonKnowsHowToNap
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XIITT_Bozy - Got injured and still taking care of business. Good job bro. Phone Post
This. War HTTD! Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 3:49 AM
UGCTT Captain America
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had a lazy couple of days, haha! I only did 8 miles yesterday morning, then had a few beers after the fights. Today my cousin's and I visited our grandma, hit a ton of traffic and got back late. I only did a late night 9 mile ride. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 3:40 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got my sn back!! Haha. I did 30 mins of walking/ jogging on the treadmill at a 10% incline. I've been experiencing the strong ammonia smell really bad after my runs again lately and believe I'm suffering ketosis for some reason. I've tried adding carbs beforehand but nothing is working. I don't have insurance so I can't go get checked out but I just applied for my old job because it became available again do hopefully I get it back. Then I can get my blood work done, my wrist looked at, my teeth fixed, and my sinus/septum surgery I've needed haha. All Health! Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 8:29 AM
UGCTT Captain America

XIITT_Bozy - Sid does look better.

Iv been watching my diet pretty good for the last 2 months but today I ate 3 chocolate chip cookies. Im not proud of myself. Phone Post
VTFU for honesty!

I've been slacking for almost a week, I gained back 3 pounds. But I'm getting back at it, did 10.5 miles yesterday, but only 4-6 a day for the last week.

WAR TAH, gentlemen! Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 4:59 PM
Letibleu
1660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/13/13 5:02 PM

Well, I am back :p

Things were'nt going well for me at the beggining of the year. I was fighting alcoholism and addiction. I had been involved in a battle with addiction for many years. My life (I thought I had under control) was slowly coming appart.

Last March my best friend died due to alcohol. Her passing was my coup de gras and I invited death with open arms. I was too pussy to do things the short n quick way so I drank n got stonned for a month until I thought I had pushed my body and mind to the breaking point. I ended up in a hospital tied to a bed but alive.

I spent the last 4 months in therapy (finished last week). I am discovering myself and the world seemingly for the first time. Many wonderful things have happened on this journey. I will write about them soon for it might help someone out there who is going through a similar situation but is too shy/scared/humiliated to talk about it with anyone. If you are someone who feels he/she needs to talk, pm me.

anyways

I was 203 pounds in April. I am down to 165 as I type this. I feel GREAT!

I run 3KM in the morning and in the evening every day. I do relaxation before supper. I meditate (i was one of those fucks that laughed at that but guess what, the shit works!). I eat mostly uncooked vegetables, salad, nuts, yogurt, fruit and a fish/seafood meal a week. Loads of water.

In september I am starting my first Jits class. I am also starting weights.

Pics are on their way.

I was thinking about this thread as the weight came off. I have to say it was so hard to get started but once you start seeing and FEELING the results, it becomes a self motivator.

Another thing that changed is I dont give a shit what I look like. I can look at myself in the mirror and I am starting to love who is looking back not for how he looks but for how he is and feels (writting about myself in the third person is creepy).

Living clean, living sober, living healthy, living good. Living.

8/13/13 6:15 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Fucking awesome letibleu. U got this man. If u need anything we're here for u. I've dealt with alcoholism myself and its devastating. I was able to get sober and stay completely alcohol free for over a year and a half. Now I'm able to have a beer once in a whole if I want one but the desire really isn't there anymore. Got drunk maybe 4-5 times in the past 3 years and haven't had a drop of hard alcohol in almost 4 years. U can do it man. I know u can. U need anything just shoot me a PM. Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 9:33 PM
UGCTT Captain America

Wow, I'm glad your getting yourself better Letibleu! Addiction is no joke, we're here for you, anyway we can help. Phone Post 3.0
8/14/13 1:37 PM
UGCTT Captain America

Did 18 miles yesterday Phone Post 3.0
8/14/13 4:29 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America - Did 18 miles yesterday Phone Post 3.0
Damn man. Get it. U go back to work yet? Phone Post 3.0
8/14/13 4:32 PM
UGCTT Captain America

UGCTT_SidRival -
No, it got pushed back again. I saw a dr a couple of years ago that put me on permanent work restrictions, so I need to see him again to get them lifted. The soonest I can get in to see him is sept 13th, so it'll probably be a couple of weeks past that before I can return to work. Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:46 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm fucking back!!! Fell hard, work, stress... All the usual Bull Shit Excuses!!

Chest Tri's on the Bike Now!!

Team Healthy Fats!! Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:48 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2460 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -

Well, I am back :p

Things were'nt going well for me at the beggining of the year. I was fighting alcoholism and addiction. I had been involved in a battle with addiction for many years. My life (I thought I had under control) was slowly coming appart.

Last March my best friend died due to alcohol. Her passing was my coup de gras and I invited death with open arms. I was too pussy to do things the short n quick way so I drank n got stonned for a month until I thought I had pushed my body and mind to the breaking point. I ended up in a hospital tied to a bed but alive.

I spent the last 4 months in therapy (finished last week). I am discovering myself and the world seemingly for the first time. Many wonderful things have happened on this journey. I will write about them soon for it might help someone out there who is going through a similar situation but is too shy/scared/humiliated to talk about it with anyone. If you are someone who feels he/she needs to talk, pm me.

anyways

I was 203 pounds in April. I am down to 165 as I type this. I feel GREAT!

I run 3KM in the morning and in the evening every day. I do relaxation before supper. I meditate (i was one of those fucks that laughed at that but guess what, the shit works!). I eat mostly uncooked vegetables, salad, nuts, yogurt, fruit and a fish/seafood meal a week. Loads of water.

In september I am starting my first Jits class. I am also starting weights.

Pics are on their way.

I was thinking about this thread as the weight came off. I have to say it was so hard to get started but once you start seeing and FEELING the results, it becomes a self motivator.

Another thing that changed is I dont give a shit what I look like. I can look at myself in the mirror and I am starting to love who is looking back not for how he looks but for how he is and feels (writting about myself in the third person is creepy).

Living clean, living sober, living healthy, living good. Living.

Congrats... Keep it up... Alcoholism took my father from me at 43 years old... 1 week before my 21st bday! it's a foul way to go! For everyone u love n care about, stay clean, positive and healthy!

Way to go bud!!

VU Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:32 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_El Pescadero - I'm fucking back!!! Fell hard, work, stress... All the usual Bull Shit Excuses!!

Glad to have u back. How's business? Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:33 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT_SidRival -
No, it got pushed back again. I saw a dr a couple of years ago that put me on permanent work restrictions, so I need to see him again to get them lifted. The soonest I can get in to see him is sept 13th, so it'll probably be a couple of weeks past that before I can return to work. Phone Post 3.0
Word. Good luck mane. Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:46 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_SidRival -
UGCTT_El Pescadero - I'm fucking back!!! Fell hard, work, stress... All the usual Bull Shit Excuses!!

Glad to have u back. How's business? Phone Post 3.0
Going good... Did the Surf n Suds beer Fest 2 weekends ago ... Best day of biz so far. This last Saturday we did a Bocce Ball tourney at a House in Montecito... Was our second best day so far! The lunch services we do on Wed n Thursday around town have been Ok, but the weekend Catering jobs have been making up for them. Tough way to make a dollar though. But I think it's got some potential!

How u living my man? Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 2:44 PM
UGCTT Captain America

I've been having a real hard time sticking to my diet and getting enough exercise in. Got a new girl that demands my time, and we've been eating out or cooking unhealthy goodness, haha!

I'm getting serious about it again, starting right now. Since I got my bike, I lost 16 pounds, in the last week or so, I'm back up 3. I will lose those 3 by Friday! I'm done fucking around, it's all health time! Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 5:14 AM
UGCTT Captain America

I biked to my friend's house earlier tonight, when I got home I found my front door wide open. Some one broke into my home and stole most of my guns. They didn't touch anything else, as far I can tell, and they left a handful of my guns in the safe. I was fucking around in my safe today and left it unlocked tonight, how's that for luck? Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 10:37 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT Captain America - I biked to my friend's house earlier tonight, when I got home I found my front door wide open. Some one broke into my home and stole most of my guns. They didn't touch anything else, as far I can tell, and they left a handful of my guns in the safe. I was fucking around in my safe today and left it unlocked tonight, how's that for luck? Phone Post 3.0
That is Stinky... Really sorry to hear that. I FUCKING HATE thieves! Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 2:22 PM
UGCTT Captain America

Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus - Cops have any leads bro, or nothing? Phone Post
Nothing Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 1:51 PM
UGCTT Captain America

Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus -
UGCTT Captain America -
Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus - Cops have any leads bro, or nothing? Phone Post
Nothing Phone Post 3.0
Sorry bro, i have 2 shotguns my dad bought me before he died. If i was to loose those I'd be heart broken. Keep your head up man, and get a guard dog! Phone Post
No dog, haha! But I'm calling about a security system Monday.

Back to the original topic, I lost those 3 pounds I was being a girl about. But today my girlfriend made me pancakes, bacon, and eggs. She's making it difficult, haha! Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 2:22 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT Captain America -
Nothing Phone Post 3.0
Sorry bro, i have 2 shotguns my dad bought me before he died. If i was to loose those I'd be heart broken. Keep your head up man, and get a guard dog! Phone Post

Back to the original topic, I lost those 3 pounds I was being a girl about. But today my girlfriend made me pancakes, bacon, and eggs. She's making it difficult, haha! Phone Post 3.0
Horizontal cardio Sunday!! Just sweat it out!! Lol get her Capt!! Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 10:36 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT_El Pescadero -
UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT Captain America -
Nothing Phone Post 3.0

Horizontal cardio Sunday!! Just sweat it out!! Lol get her Capt!! Phone Post 3.0
This guy lol. Put a little Cpt in her homie! Phone Post 3.0
8/25/13 10:38 PM
Letibleu
1660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One week away from joinging a real gym!

Also on thwe agenda for September is finding a BJJ class near my place. Not easy,...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.