UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fitness accountability challenge 2013!!

9/9/13 10:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Today is my first day at Guitar Center. Hopefully it goes well. Was up way later than I should have been last night and way earlier than I wanted to be this morning haha. Glad to be working again even if its only part time for now. Have an overflowing stack of backed up bills I need to start chipping away at. Have 8-9 weeks left til my NASM CPT exam and then I'll be in the clear, assuming I pass it the first time haha. Finally feeling like I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. War us! War Team All Health! Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 11:42 PM
UGCTT Captain America
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After a few days if little to no riding, I hit it pretty good today. I did 4 miles earlier, and just finished a 10 mile night ride, took about 55 minutes. I've been doing squats and push-ups the last couple of days, since I've been hanging out with my lady and not riding my bike. We put in some serious cardio work Saturday, but not enough to counter the lack of biking. I'm going to be super strict about diet and exercise now, I'm coming up on a return to work. I see the doc Friday morning, and he should release me to work. After that, it should only be a week or two!

WAR TEAM ALL HEALTH! Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 11:49 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get it Ben! Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 8:23 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

10.88 miles today. It is super windy out and I was riding out on the edge of town with no cover to block any of it haha. It sucked. And I missed my turn cause I've only rode out here one other time so I couldn't remember which one it was so I ended up riding about a half mile across a field that was mostly soft dirt lol. My time sucked but I definitely put in more intensity than a normal 10 mile ride. All health! Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 9:50 PM
UGCTT Captain America
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival - 10.88 miles today. It is super windy out and I was riding out on the edge of town with no cover to block any of it haha. It sucked. And I missed my turn cause I've only rode out here one other time so I couldn't remember which one it was so I ended up riding about a half mile across a field that was mostly soft dirt lol. My time sucked but I definitely put in more intensity than a normal 10 mile ride. All health! Phone Post 3.0
Haha, good times! I only did a 6.5 mile ride today, I'm a bit sore from riding too hard yesterday, when I was sore from lunges the day before. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 2:03 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Out in 10.5 this evening. Poor air quality today (thanks Bakersfield for having the worst air in the nation multiple years running and me having vicious asthma as a result) and the wind was back, but I rode anyways. Best part, hit the 10 mile mark at 41:51 which is :58 seconds faster than my previous 10 mile best! Just a week ago my best was 44:17. Getting stronger every day! War TAH! Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 1:01 AM
UGCTT Captain America

Had a 13 mile day, two rides of 9 and 4, and I watched my food intake. No ride tomorrow, I've got an early morning dr appointment, then a late morning drive to San Bernardino for a fairly epic concert. I'll be on my feet all day, and hopefully in a mosh pit or two. That's exercise, right? Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 4:16 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

I'll allow it. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 9:43 AM
UGCTT Captain America

UGCTT_SidRival - I'll allow it. Phone Post 3.0
Oh good! I was nervous Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 12:16 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT_SidRival - I'll allow it. Phone Post 3.0
Oh good! I was nervous Phone Post 3.0
Just don't blow ur knee out haha. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:41 PM
UGCTT Captain America

I got the official ok to return to full duty this morning. The doc said it'll take 2-3 weeks for his report to get to the company, so I'm still about a month away from actually returning to work. Since the doc says I'm good enough to work, I ought to be good enough to mosh! Hope you guys all have as kick ass of a weekend as I will!

WAR TAH! Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 5:56 PM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/13 5:56 PM

I am 1 week away from my Tristar debut. Is there anything I should be doing to get ready for my first BJJ class like watch videos or learn to stretch?

9/14/13 3:43 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

BENDOver_and_took_it -

I am 1 week away from my Tristar debut. Is there anything I should be doing to get ready for my first BJJ class like watch videos or learn to stretch?

If u have never trained before, be prepared to get mauled, get beat up, and be completely discouraged. They are all going to happen. But stick with it. It will seem extremely disheartening at the moment but once u get a little better it will be such an amazing feeling knowing that u went through what u went through and now ur a tougher, wiser and better human because of it. I did all my workouts at a local park and lost 65 pounds and I did all of my training out of my house for like 18 months. I was invited to train at the college in town by Brian Cobb (UFC, Shooto, MFC, WSOF vet). Not only had I never trained in a real gym, I had also never had a fight, and I was the only non pro training there. I got my ass BEAT up haha. And it was painful and extremely disheartening. But guess what? I stuck it out. I got much better. And my skills improved at an accelerated pace because I had to. I really hated it for a whole but because I stuck it out I earned their respect and they all took me under their wings and helped me learn a shitload of stuff. So be prepared for the worst but know it will lead to the best if u stick to it. Good luck bro and let us know how it goes! Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 4:35 AM
BENDOver_and_took_it
1654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival - 
BENDOver_and_took_it -

If u have never trained before, be prepared to get mauled, get beat up, and be completely discouraged. They are all going to happen. But stick with it. It will seem extremely disheartening at the moment but once u get a little better it will be such an amazing feeling knowing that u went through what u went through and now ur a tougher, wiser and better human because of it. I did all my workouts at a local park and lost 65 pounds and I did all of my training out of my house for like 18 months. I was invited to train at the college in town by Brian Cobb (UFC, Shooto, MFC, WSOF vet). Not only had I never trained in a real gym, I had also never had a fight, and I was the only non pro training there. I got my ass BEAT up haha. And it was painful and extremely disheartening. But guess what? I stuck it out. I got much better. And my skills improved at an accelerated pace because I had to. I really hated it for a whole but because I stuck it out I earned their respect and they all took me under their wings and helped me learn a shitload of stuff. So be prepared for the worst but know it will lead to the best if u stick to it. Good luck bro and let us know how it goes! Phone Post 3.0

Thank you. It really means a lot to me to hear a story like that. One of my character traits is that I never do anything major half ass. It's 100% plus a testicle or nothing at all. This can be a quality or a weakness, depending on how I allow it to affect what I do. BJJ will be one way I will try to funel this drive so that I can do other things more moderately. I am old to start up BJJ so I am nervous that they think I am starting because it is a novelty thing. I am aware that guys much younger than me will be kicking my ass. I have no idea if I will even like it. I payed for 1 year so I have the intention to follow through for 12 months and then re evaluate.

9/14/13 8:40 AM
UGCTT Captain America

I woke up a little over 24 hours ago, and I just got home from an epic concert! No moshing, but was on my feet a lot, and walking a fuck ton up and down hills all day. I ate pretty trbly for lunch and dinner, but I tried to keep the portions relatively smallish. Time to shower and be unconscious (hopefully not at the same time), WAR TAH! Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 3:46 PM
UGCTT Captain America

Well, I ended up unable to sleep, so I went and played softball in the park for a couple of hours. I throw like a girl, run like a fat guy, and swing like Leonard Garcia. It was fun.

But on the bright side, I lost about 2 pounds since Monday. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 4:27 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

UGCTT Captain America - Well, I ended up unable to sleep, so I went and played softball in the park for a couple of hours. I throw like a girl, run like a fat guy, and swing like Leonard Garcia. It was fun.

But on the bright side, I lost about 2 pounds since Monday. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah buddy! My guitar tech went to the show too. Said it was epic. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 4:28 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus - Alright,

I got just over 21 weeks to hit my goal. Whatever it was, i done forgot. Like over 100 lbs to loose or more or whatever. Im finally injury free and hitting it hard. As TTHS would say, Lets Do This Shit!! Phone Post
Kill it boz! Never too late. I'm really going after it right now too. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 4:30 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

BENDOver_and_took_it -
UGCTT_SidRival - 
BENDOver_and_took_it -

Thank you. It really means a lot to me to hear a story like that. One of my character traits is that I never do anything major half ass. It's 100% plus a testicle or nothing at all. This can be a quality or a weakness, depending on how I allow it to affect what I do. BJJ will be one way I will try to funel this drive so that I can do other things more moderately. I am old to start up BJJ so I am nervous that they think I am starting because it is a novelty thing. I am aware that guys much younger than me will be kicking my ass. I have no idea if I will even like it. I payed for 1 year so I have the intention to follow through for 12 months and then re evaluate.

Badass man. Get after it. And getting whooped by youngins is part of it haha. A couple weeks ago I was rolling with this 14 year old (I'm 29) and he was doing shit to me that I didn't even know was possible haha. Tapped me like 3-4 times in a couple of mins. It's part of the game. Ur gonna have a blast man. Enjoy it! Osss! Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 11:00 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus - I tore it up today. Worked out, went to work and got home. Forgot to eat today. Which for a fat kid is a miracle! !! But this bottle of Jameson is kickn my arse! Phone Post
U make it haha? I'm about to get my 10 miles in. Riding for speed today cause I gotta get ready for work soon haha. Worked for Sheryl Crow and Gary Allan last night. Was a fun show. Sheryl looks super good for her age. Way shorter than I expected her to be also. All health suckas! Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 4:22 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus -
UGCTT_SidRival -
Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus - I tore it up today. Worked out, went to work and got home. Forgot to eat today. Which for a fat kid is a miracle! !! But this bottle of Jameson is kickn my arse! Phone Post
U make it haha? I'm about to get my 10 miles in. Riding for speed today cause I gotta get ready for work soon haha. Worked for Sheryl Crow and Gary Allan last night. Was a fun show. Sheryl looks super good for her age. Way shorter than I expected her to be also. All health suckas! Phone Post 3.0
Yes it sucks lol! ! Yes she is hot also!! Phone Post
That she is fren. That she is. Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 8:36 PM
UGCTT Captain America

My back's pretty sore from rocking my face off Friday, then playing softball instead of sleeping Saturday, so I took it a little easy today. I did 6.5 miles in under 30 minutes. I'm still eating better and limiting my calories.

WAR TAH! Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 11:31 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

How's everyone doing? Boz u good? How's ur rock recovery going CA? And where the fuck is Pesc? Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 12:58 PM
UGCTT Captain America

I am good to go! I'm heading out for a ride in a minute, I'm going to do at least 10, but maybe more. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 2:07 PM
UGCTT Captain America

10 miles in 54:45 It went a little slow, since I've been going light since Saturday. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.