UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fitness accountability challenge 2013!!

1/15/13 2:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Captain America
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck it, here's some pics:

Here I am in July at 370

November at 335

Today I am 341. My final goal is 265, that's where I was before I hurt my knee. My first target is under 300 by the early June, that's when I'm projected to return to work. I know it's ambitious, but I lost 40lbs before the last surgery by only eating shitty health food, and now I can exercise on top of that. I stopped losing because I haven't been very strict about my diet since the knee surgery. But I did cut out caffeine and sodas since then, so it should be easier to lose this time. Phone Post
1/15/13 2:40 PM
UGCTT Captain America
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero -
UGCTT_SidRival - The hardest part for me I've noticed over the past year is since I've been out of work I don't burn the regular calories just from daily activity that I did when I was working. So I workout and burn calories but it only evens me out from the calories I didn't burn with normal activity. So I have to do twice as much to get the same result. Economy sucks. Phone Post
I know what you meen brother...hope you get back on the grind soon... I used to Surf every day I could... Hit the gym 6days a week and Train 3 nights a week... Not so much the economy for me... But injuries, both shoulders reconstructed, broke both wrists, sunk pinky Knuckle, broke Nose, screwed up my Meniscus ... I'm good for a pretty serious injury every 1-2years...(Fucking Lemon) but hey Gotta pay to play...realizing at 33 it's better to stay healthy and go a little less Hard... Still don't quite have full range back in shoulder and its keeping me out of the Ocean... Can't Surf or Free-Dive at the moment and its driving me fucking Crazy... Really need to get back out there... So many Waves and Lobsters being un-pillaged!!! When you can get Cardio in at work or threw hobby, it feels so much better than grinding at the gym.

War All Health Phone Post
I used to get my cardio at work, I spent 2-4 hours most days digging or backfilling. Shoveling is incredible for core and cardio workouts! Then I was working out hard 5 days a week on top of that. I never even thought about what I ate, unless I was contemplating thirds.

Dieting is hard. Phone Post
1/15/13 4:25 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -
UGCTT_SidRival - The hardest part for me I've noticed over the past year is since I've been out of work I don't burn the regular calories just from daily activity that I did when I was working. So I workout and burn calories but it only evens me out from the calories I didn't burn with normal activity. So I have to do twice as much to get the same result. Economy sucks. Phone Post
I know what you meen brother...hope you get back on the grind soon... I used to Surf every day I could... Hit the gym 6days a week and Train 3 nights a week... Not so much the economy for me... But injuries, both shoulders reconstructed, broke both wrists, sunk pinky Knuckle, broke Nose, screwed up my Meniscus ... I'm good for a pretty serious injury every 1-2years...(Fucking Lemon) but hey Gotta pay to play...realizing at 33 it's better to stay healthy and go a little less Hard... Still don't quite have full range back in shoulder and its keeping me out of the Ocean... Can't Surf or Free-Dive at the moment and its driving me fucking Crazy... Really need to get back out there... So many Waves and Lobsters being un-pillaged!!! When you can get Cardio in at work or threw hobby, it feels so much better than grinding at the gym.

I used to get my cardio at work, I spent 2-4 hours most days digging or backfilling. Shoveling is incredible for core and cardio workouts! Then I was working out hard 5 days a week on top of that. I never even thought about what I ate, unless I was contemplating thirds.

No doubt... Dieting sucks... That's why it can't be a diet... Gotta just be the routine... Every day that goes by it gets more n more routine!!

Your gunna get it back my man...I have no doubt... The Ronald pic is going in the TFK hall of Fame though! Shits dope!! :) Phone Post
1/15/13 6:22 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was working out so much and training so hard before that I ate strictly for calories. Did worry about what it was cause I just needed to make sure my body had fuel. Continued to not worry about what I ate when I stopped training. No training plus no working plus eating whatever I want equaled gaining almost 40 pounds in 3 months :/ it was extremely disheartening. Got depressed and it only got worse. But fuck the past its today. Ready to make it happen. Now is our time boys. All Health! Phone Post
1/15/13 6:41 PM
Letibleu
1713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
UGCTT Captain America -
UGCTT_El Pescadero -

No doubt... Dieting sucks... That's why it can't be a diet... Gotta just be the routine... Every day that goes by it gets more n more routine!!

Your gunna get it back my man...I have no doubt... The Ronald pic is going in the TFK hall of Fame though! Shits dope!! :) Phone Post

Every diet out there has failure built into them. Dont diet you will end up gaining more weight in the end and feel worse about yourself.  I can elaborate on that if any of you are interested

I am getting on the treadmill for 30 minutes RIGHT NOW. i dont care if its fast walking or running, i wont get off for 30 minutes. if i feel good after, ill keep going. Then i eat.

If any of you need food help, I am your guy. I am thinking of writting up little food and nutrition nuggets of information for you all every few days. 

Ok, off to the treadmill.

1/15/13 7:06 PM
Letibleu
1713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is after a few surgeries. the leg is almost all healed up at this point. I have pretty much full mobility now.

treadmill time.

1/15/13 7:49 PM
Letibleu

Edited: 01/15/13 7:50 PM

Well I almost died. Fucking sad I am that out of shape. I did 20 minutes and could go no further. And I didnt jog it all. I did a quarter mile walking and a quarter running in alteration until i died. Funny part though is its a new treadmill (had it 2 years, and i unwrapped it and assembled it yesterday). over the digital controls is a plastic. some of it came unstuck and made it white instead of see through. i was using the fast walk button and the run button. After i was all done i felt weird coming off the treadmill (not sick weird, just never used a treadmill before,it was like i came off a boat). I tore the plastic off and discovered there is a JOG button. Asshole treadmill.

I will do the same tomorrow and the day after and the day after that. How many weeks before my throat stops feeling like it wants to climb out of my body when I do this?

If anyone laughs at this I will sick Sensei Iron Claw on your asses.

*edit* not exactly the same, I will use the fucking JOG button tomorrow.

1/15/13 7:54 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gd work my man... Nasty Scar... What did you do? Glad your back on the grind... 1 week and you will be feeling fine!

War team All Health Phone Post
1/15/13 8:21 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yeah. Day one is always the worst! But u did it dude! Only gets better from here. U got this homie! Phone Post
1/15/13 8:24 PM
BackfromtheDead
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am 5 ft 8 ins and weigh 200lbs right now bulking up till end of feb then cutting to 170 i use to walk around at 145 but just spent 5 years in state prison all i did is workout and eat.I use to train want to start again so i hope i can drop some bulk.I am going to try to be 170 on forth of July
1/15/13 8:38 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

All Health tonight!!

Delicious Health!!

1/15/13 8:39 PM
Letibleu

I got hit by a car.

Kid junkies on meth stole a car and robbed a gas station at 11pm at night. They were speeding away from the robbery without any lights (and no daytime lights). I was crossing an intersection (it was the last day of the winter Olympics, Canada vs USA hockey which I watched with my friends at a bar of which i lived walking distance)and the light was green for me. It was super windy, the wind was going towards them so I never heard a thing. Their side of the road was a hill coming up so I couldnt see em coming. There were no street lights working either.They ran the red light and I saw the car at the last possible second. I reflex jumped which saved my life but the leg doing the pushing off the ground didnt make it in time.

I spun around like a figure skater and didnt fall down. When i put that foot down to catch my balance I fell over. I went to get back up and noticed I was looking at my heel instead of the toe of my shoe. It was steel toed shoes which saved more damage. the foot had spun around a few times. i butt scooted to the snow bank and people that saw the accident rushed over. I remember I kept asking for water even though I had a full glass in my hand that a nice resident brought me.

The bones shattered into bits and did slicey dicey with my muscles and arteries. I was on gangrene watch for a week before they could operate. If the circulation hadn't come back, I was losing the leg below the knee. I was bed ridden for almost 3 months to allow the blood flow to fix itself. I became lazy and fat and out of shape. I am super lucky I have no debilitating permanent damage thanks to the good work of the medical staff and the many surgeons. Rehab was a bitch for that leg, but the time it was all said and done it had shrivelled to the size of my arm, no joke. Took 3 years and a bit of metal to get it back to almost equal everything as the other leg. It could have happened sooner but I got in the way.

I reoriented my life to work from home. My motivation kinda went to the dumps which sounds selfish considering that there are many people out there, some probably reading this, that are in worse shape. I want to get back into shape, get my motivation back which will raise my self esteem up again and then I can help others.

Man, my legs hurt from that run but i got that high that comes after a good workout. Tomorrow is another story :p
1/15/13 8:42 PM
Letibleu

I forgot to mention, when I was unpacking the treadmill I found an excercise bike I had bought for my physio but never used. Are those any good or are they a lazy way out?

1/15/13 8:50 PM
Letibleu

Meal tonight: ginger cumin lemon shrimp in its own spicy broth sauteed with onions, carrots, broccoli and mushrooms in its own spicey broth. Water all the way as the drink of choice. Ill take a pic for you guys.

1/15/13 10:04 PM
Letibleu

day 1

I cheated and used 12 strands of vermicelli. 

1/15/13 10:08 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Letibleu -

I forgot to mention, when I was unpacking the treadmill I found an excercise bike I had bought for my physio but never used. Are those any good or are they a lazy way out?

Damn man sounds like u have been through the ringer with that leg. Glad u still have it and that it's restored. I totally understand the depression that follows an injury like that. Mine wasn't even close in severity but the mental impact it had on me was the same. Nothing was going right for me and I threw a pity party instead of owning up and doing something about it. U can do this though. We all can. The only thing that can stop us is ourselves. Get that bike out and ride that mother! Download some spin class videos and follow along. That could be a valuable asset to ur regimen if u use it to the fullest. U got this bro! We got ur back! Phone Post
1/15/13 10:08 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Letibleu -

day 1

Lol! Awesome picture bro! Phone Post
1/15/13 10:09 PM
Mayhem13
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Started my new "healthy lifestyle" yesterday, after finishing reading "Living Lean" I'm excited and motivated for it

Definitely plan on sticking with this.

generic goal is just to improve my health overall. Eat cleaner. Improve my energy, etc.

But I also want to drop 10 lbs and keep it off, while also getting back into shape Phone Post
1/15/13 10:11 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

BackfromtheDead - I am 5 ft 8 ins and weigh 200lbs right now bulking up till end of feb then cutting to 170 i use to walk around at 145 but just spent 5 years in state prison all i did is workout and eat.I use to train want to start again so i hope i can drop some bulk.I am going to try to be 170 on forth of July
5 years is rough man. One of my best friends is about 6 months into a 6 1/2 year stint right now. Anyrate glad ur a free man bro. U can do this. We'll help u out anyway we can. Keep us posted! Phone Post
1/15/13 10:12 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Mayhem13 - Started my new "healthy lifestyle" yesterday, after finishing reading "Living Lean" I'm excited and motivated for it

Definitely plan on sticking with this.

generic goal is just to improve my health overall. Eat cleaner. Improve my energy, etc.

But I also want to drop 10 lbs and keep it off, while also getting back into shape Phone Post
I can't wait to pick up living lean next month! Welcome aboard the All Health train! Phone Post
1/15/13 10:13 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Fapmaster! Sounds like u were killing it tonight at the gym! Keep it up man. I'm gonna push my training even harder tomorrow cause u inspired me bro! Phone Post
1/15/13 10:20 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_SidRival -
Letibleu -

day 1

Lol! Awesome picture bro! Phone Post
Lol... Epic!!

Heavy accident!!! Glad your getting back at it! Phone Post
1/15/13 11:42 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

TheFapMaster -
UGCTT_SidRival -  Fapmaster! Sounds like u were killing it tonight at the gym! Keep it up man. I'm gonna push my training even harder tomorrow cause u inspired me bro! Phone Post

Thanks brotha! Yeah, I decided to bite the bullet and take it up a notch tonight with the cardio, and I'll take it up another notch on Monday. My lifting routine is the same though:

Mondays - bi's & tri's
Tuesdays - shoulders
Wednesdays - cardio only day
Thursdays - chest
Fridays - legs
Saturdays - off day to rest
Sundays - back

Next week, I am going to push my cardio up to 45 minutes a day, and 60 minutes on Wednesdays. Also going to throw in 100 reps of various ab exercises every day, and keep my diet on point. I figure if I can keep that up thru May, then I should be able to meet my goal for June 1st.

This thread by you Sid is what got me fired up to take my workouts up a notch, so thank YOU sir.

PS - I'm buying a tanning bed for my wife on Friday, so I will be able to start tanning from home next week. That's REALLY when it's your all's asses!! LOL.
Badd dude! GTL?! Lol. U inspired me today man. And because I was inspired I just ran another mile on my treadmill and did 250 crunches! And because I was inspired I text Captain A and he was inspired and did some work too! That's how it works guys! All Health Army in full effect! Phone Post
1/15/13 11:51 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Make that 500 crunches!! Did another 250 while I wanted for my girl to finish doing her yoga. Beast mode! Gonna set the bar even higher tomorrow! Lets go team!! Phone Post
1/16/13 1:01 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Definitely sore now haha. But it's worth it. Starting tomorrow I'm gonna try and give a tip every day or every other day to help us out. Some will be basic and some will be top secret, but all will be helpful. Goodnight All Health Army!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.