UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UG fitness accountability challenge 2013!!

1/16/13 1:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Captain America
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sid's making my life rough, in a good way. Him asking me to help motivate him really helped motivate me, plus another friend of mine is working out with me five days a week. This was a great idea Sid, thanks!

On a side note, if Team All Health were to rumble with Team Fat Kid, who'd win? Who would fight on which side? Phone Post
1/16/13 1:37 AM
sgotwalks
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/16/13 1:38 AM
UGCTT_painbringer - 
UGCTT_El Pescadero - 

All Health tonight!!

edit to remove pictures for redundancy and scrolling purposes.

Delicious Health!!

how can you fucks be fat when you access to great food like that?

here is a secret: HOW YOU LOOK IS 80 PERCENT DEPENDENT ON WHAT YOU EAT

exercise is 10 percent and rest is 10 percent.

all you fucks... i mean guys... have to do is REDUCE your CALORIC intake

Where do you live, Mogadishu, you don't have access to carrots and chicken? It's clearly not a matter of access, it's a matter of committing to the best choices we have access to, and that's what is going on here, as you can see. How wonderful of you to enter the thread and drop your wisdom though. You're like a real life Tony Robbins/Dice Clay motherfucker, aren't you.

1/16/13 2:59 AM
Billy Butcher
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fat piece of shit at 6'2 and 215 pounds. Most of that is just disgusting, useless, fat.

I have a pretty thin frame and figure I could drop 35 to 40 pounds.

My goal, without getting ahead of myself, is to look like GSP but WAY better looking.

Hold me accountable Team Health
1/16/13 3:53 AM
sgotwalks
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not going so far as to committ to a partner on here, as I already have an 11 year-old son who will hold me accountable, but I will check in to this thread and post some updates from time to time and see how the rest of you are hanging in there.  I am coming off a few months of too many chocolate bars, beers and late night munchie fixes as well as not getting my ass out of the computer chair and into my boxing boots as I should be. I have a home based office combined with my own little boxing gym (small, no ring,) yet I have managed to become an inexplicable 25 to 30 pounds over my best weight. I am 5'11" and 224lbs., and I am on day 4 of the responsible eats, and workout plan. Working out with the kid who is keen to hit the bags and skip a few rounds keeps me honest, and that is key, as discipline has never been my strength. 

Good luck fellas. There is a lot of year ahead. I just stumbled into this thread tonight........after I found the cookies intended for my kids lunches. I only poached three, which was showing some tremendous signs of effort on my part. Good thing they weren't Chips Ahoy or I would have been fucked!

1/16/13 7:37 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7 inches fell here. Out with the shovel at 6 AM. That's a damn bit of work on my property. Will do strength workout latter with crunches.

1/16/13 9:13 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome aboard fellows!! Phone Post
1/16/13 9:17 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1956 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gym Time!!

The Army is growing!!! I like it!!

It's all fucking Health!! Phone Post
1/16/13 9:19 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
1956 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Captain America - Sid's making my life rough, in a good way. Him asking me to help motivate him really helped motivate me, plus another friend of mine is working out with me five days a week. This was a great idea Sid, thanks!

On a side note, if Team All Health were to rumble with Team Fat Kid, who'd win? Who would fight on which side? Phone Post
TFK would Wreck shop!

Picture a bunch of angry Roy's against a bunch of angry Struves... No contests !!

TFK at heart for life!! Phone Post
1/16/13 10:29 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Captain America - Sid's making my life rough, in a good way. Him asking me to help motivate him really helped motivate me, plus another friend of mine is working out with me five days a week. This was a great idea Sid, thanks!

Glad to help buddy! And I'm going with Team All Health. Imagine a bunch of angry GSP's (the killer GSP from the Serra II fight not that guy that couldn't finish Dan Hardy) fighting a bunch of angry Peter Griffins. Lol. No can defend.

All Health Army! Phone Post
1/16/13 10:33 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

Today's quick tip. WATER!

Drink it. Drink lots of it. How much is lots of it? Good rule of thumb I've learned is half ur body weight in ounces. For example I'm approx 172 lbs, therefore adequate intact for me is about 86 ounces of water. I prefer my water room temperature unless I'm working out, seems much easier to drink that way IMO. Give it a try. War All Health! Phone Post
1/16/13 10:37 AM
UGCTT_SidRival

And FYI I wrote a much longer, much more detailed tip of the day earlier but the goddamn app messed up when I tried to post it and it was lost forever. So fuck it. Quick tip is quick. Tomorrow I'm gonna tell u the easiest (sometimes hardest) way to help regulate ur metabolism. Phone Post
1/16/13 10:58 AM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Great tips all correct... For being a fat lop I actually know quite a bit about the Health... A couple good friends are Personal trainers and nutritionist .... I have also Ridden a roller coaster of health for last 12 years... Up n down depending on Injury's... Back in full blown health mode!!

Chest n tri's today:

Can't bench cause of shoulder surgerys... But do everything but that.

3 sets 12 reps of 100lb's on the chest machine.
3 sets 12 reps of Tri Rope at 70lb's
3 sets 12 reps of Dumbell chest press 45lb
3 sets 12 reps of single arm Tri on cable machine at 35lb
3 sets 12 reps of at 30lbs ea side on Cable Chest ... Set for a decline motion.
3 sets 12 reps single arm Dumbell extension (Tri) at 25lbs
3 sets 12 reps of Push-ups
3 sets 12 Reps of under hand single arm Tri on cables 30lb
3 sets 12 reps of chest machine different grip at 100lbs
3 sets 12 reps under hand Tri's with bar on cable at 80lbs

Sit up routine 500 reps total of different Ab Excercise!

Now sweating on the bike ... 20 minutes in... Going for 45!

All health Phone Post
1/16/13 11:15 AM
Mayhem13
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Day 3 And I can already feel a slight improvement in my overall energy/mood

About to eat the Dolce "Egg Scramble" for my lunch. Looks delicious! Phone Post
1/16/13 2:19 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Mayhem13 - Day 3 And I can already feel a slight improvement in my overall energy/mood

What's that consist of? Phone Post
1/16/13 3:07 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Oh yeah! In other health related news, today is officially 3 years since I've a drop of liquor/hard alcohol. Went a year and a half without any booze and then decided as long as I can keep it under control, a beer or 2 here and there wasn't too bad. Only been drunk maybe 3-4 times since then. Will probably get retarded smashed in Vegas UFC 156 weekend but then I think I'm out of the beer game also. Isn't conducive to my new healthy lifestyle haha. Phone Post
1/16/13 3:54 PM
Mayhem13
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival -
Mayhem13 - Day 3 And I can already feel a slight improvement in my overall energy/mood

What's that consist of? Phone Post
Mine was-
2 whole eggs (scrambled)
Handful of spinach
Green pepper
Mushrooms
Onion
A little pepper and sprinkle tiny bit of cheese in top when done Phone Post
1/16/13 3:56 PM
Mayhem13

It's basically the recipe givin in the book. But u can add/subtract any kind f veggies u want Phone Post
1/16/13 4:28 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

UGCTT_SidRival - Oh yeah! In other health related news, today is officially 3 years since I've a drop of liquor/hard alcohol. Went a year and a half without any booze and then decided as long as I can keep it under control, a beer or 2 here and there wasn't too bad. Only been drunk maybe 3-4 times since then. Will probably get retarded smashed in Vegas UFC 156 weekend but then I think I'm out of the beer game also. Isn't conducive to my new healthy lifestyle haha. Phone Post
That's awsome my brother... Alcoholism is no joke... Killed my Dad at 43 years old!! Was a week before my 21st ... Talk about a reality check!!

Glad your off the sauce!

War Team All Health Phone Post
1/16/13 4:30 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero

Lazer MMA -
7 inches fell here. Out with the shovel at 6 AM. That's a damn bit of work on my property. Will do strength workout latter with crunches.

You dig your self out? Gotta be a serious workout! Phone Post
1/16/13 4:44 PM
sgotwalks

UGCTT_El Pescadero - 
Lazer MMA -

You dig your self out? Gotta be a serious workout! Phone Post

Last week I had to shovel twice a day over a five day stretch. The worst part is, after the walks and everything are done, we have to get up and shovel the roofs once it gets to thick, but it does add to the workout. Snow maintenance is a mofo, but trying to look at it differently this year.

For the record - breakfast

three scrambled eggs with mushrooms and green onions, a little bit of shredded chedder cheese and salsa, made into a wrap. Smoothie, a few spoons of no fat yogurt with a banana, half cup of blueberries, splash of OJ with some milk and water, table spoon of wheat germ and a bit of crushed flax seed, with three ice cubes..........blend into a power potion of goodness to wash down the scrambled egg wrap and orange slices.

It's a big breakfast, but easily my biggest meal of the day. Feel like a fucking rock star after that, and now that I have digested it I will try a green tea for the second time in my life. It always feels great to get on track, the problem is, one long night of debauchery along the way is often all it takes for the wheels to come off the wagon. This time feels different. We'll see!

1/16/13 5:54 PM
Letibleu
1477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I slept like a baby last night. Woke up with my left leg really sore. Have to go down the stairs sideways kinda sore. Turns out this is normal because that leg hasnt done anything since the accident. I was advised to listen to it and give it time to rest. I dont wanna break the beat so I will  try walking today. If walking makes it feel better im a button away from jogging. 

Breakfast earlier:

2 eggs sunny side up with a tiny splash of lemon (try it) salt pepper.

sauteed onion, mushroom raisin tomatoes and pineapple, seasoned.

Yogurt with blueberries sprinkled with roasted walnuts

1 mandarin

Cheat: a slice of break for the egg!

Apple juice

I dont normally do breakfast but i was sooo hungry which is unusual these days.

1/16/13 6:35 PM
Mayhem13

What's the general thought on unsweetened iced tea?

I don't really mind sticking with all water plus a chamomile tea at night.

But if I can sub one in occasionally, and it not mess anything up is do it. Phone Post
1/16/13 6:41 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Mayhem13 - What's the general thought on unsweetened iced tea?

I don't really mind sticking with all water plus a chamomile tea at night.

But if I can sub one in occasionally, and it not mess anything up is do it. Phone Post
I drink it all day. Only way I can stay away from soda. Wrote about it in the longer post about water that was lost this morning. I think as long as u still drink plenty of water it's A ok in my book. Phone Post
1/16/13 6:46 PM
Letibleu
1477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Day 2, I did 40 minutes on the bike instead to keep strain off the leg. I am hopefull tomorrow it feels better.

1/16/13 6:46 PM
UGCTT_SidRival

Great job everyone. Sounds like we're kicking ass today!! Rotated 10 push ups, 10 leg lifts, 10 squats x10 this morning and gonna see how close I can get to 5k tonight on the treadmill. For breakfast I had a fruit smoothie (mango, peaches, banana, blueberry and apple juice) with a crushed natures valley oats and honey bar and sliced banana on top. Had a microwave frozen deal for lunch and going to my mothers for beef stew tonight for dinner. Gonna see if my neck and back are into some more crunches tonight also. Both are sore from the beating last night haha. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.