UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Mods, why was my Lloyd Irvin thread frozen?

1/11/13 5:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DreamerMMA
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator
johnonguitar7 - 
DreamerMMA -
simonpe - 
DreamerMMA -

Here's the problem though.

If your room mate gets himself IP banned I'm pretty sure that's going to affect you as well.

How you guys act will affect the other if you are sharing the same IP.  I'm not saying it's "fair" it's just how IP bans work.

In that case IP bans shouldnt be used IMO Phone Post

How do you suggest we do it then?

Banning screen names is pointless because you can simply create another and come right back.

Even IP bans don't always work as there is software out there that allows you to change your IP.

Seriously do blue names mean nothing? I know not everyone has paid for theirs but for those that have surely they have bought a service?

As far as I can read there is absolutely no reference to having that contract terminate without refund because of using a shared IP address with someone who broke the TOS.

AND, why have you still not apologise for calling a blue a "retarded asshole"? It's one thing to give the company line from your high horse but when you start swearing and making personal insults at customers I think you lose the right to civility. Phone Post

I have no control over how IP bans work.  We cannot help it if you share an IP address with a moron who constantly trolls these forums and gets themselves banned.  I am the wrong person to ask about this, talk to the admins like Kirik or Jason, it's their policies, not mine.  I'm a simple mod here.

Apologize for what?  I called nobody a retarded asshole, reread what I said.

"I've found two posts by you alone, today, that could easily get you banned as attacking mods is against TOS.  It's one thing to criticize us, hell, go for it.  It's another to just come out calling people faggots.  It's disrespectful, uncalled for and honestly, just retarded.  You are not proving any point but what I said before, that you are an asshole.  Everything you say after your brilliant opener will likely fall on deaf ears.  You should work on that."

There, I quoted myself for you.

I did call him an asshole, but only after he refered to all mods as fucking faggots.  I could have simply had him banned and said nothing, would that be how you guys prefer things?    I will not apologize though, you refer to the mods as faggots then you should be happy that all we do is call you an asshole back.  An IP ban would have been easier.  I chose otherwise and I stand by my decision. 

I don't see the person I called an asshole on here crying about it, why are you?  Are you two close or something?  If he has a problem with what I said he can say something himself or he can go to an admin and tell them I'm being a big meanie face.

Since you wanted to open your mouth let's look at your mod log shall we?

Oh look, you've been frozen 56 times from vote downs in the last 5 months and once by a mod for insulting other mods.

I'm talking to a troll, that much is obvious.  I wonder how bad the other mods want to keep you around.  Let's find out shall we?

I never called him a retard either, I refered to his tactics on discussion as retarded.  Learn to read and comprehend before jumping into a debate that has nothing to do with you.

1/11/13 9:02 AM
johnonguitar7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DreamerMMA -
johnonguitar7 - 
DreamerMMA -
simonpe - 
DreamerMMA -

Here's the problem though.

If your room mate gets himself IP banned I'm pretty sure that's going to affect you as well.

How you guys act will affect the other if you are sharing the same IP.  I'm not saying it's "fair" it's just how IP bans work.

In that case IP bans shouldnt be used IMO Phone Post

How do you suggest we do it then?

Banning screen names is pointless because you can simply create another and come right back.

Even IP bans don't always work as there is software out there that allows you to change your IP.

Seriously do blue names mean nothing? I know not everyone has paid for theirs but for those that have surely they have bought a service?

As far as I can read there is absolutely no reference to having that contract terminate without refund because of using a shared IP address with someone who broke the TOS.

AND, why have you still not apologise for calling a blue a "retarded asshole"? It's one thing to give the company line from your high horse but when you start swearing and making personal insults at customers I think you lose the right to civility. Phone Post

I have no control over how IP bans work.  We cannot help it if you share an IP address with a moron who constantly trolls these forums and gets themselves banned.  I am the wrong person to ask about this, talk to the admins like Kirik or Jason, it's their policies, not mine.  I'm a simple mod here.

Apologize for what?  I called nobody a retarded asshole, reread what I said.

"I've found two posts by you alone, today, that could easily get you banned as attacking mods is against TOS.  It's one thing to criticize us, hell, go for it.  It's another to just come out calling people faggots.  It's disrespectful, uncalled for and honestly, just retarded.  You are not proving any point but what I said before, that you are an asshole.  Everything you say after your brilliant opener will likely fall on deaf ears.  You should work on that."

There, I quoted myself for you.

I did call him an asshole, but only after he refered to all mods as fucking faggots.  I could have simply had him banned and said nothing, would that be how you guys prefer things?    I will not apologize though, you refer to the mods as faggots then you should be happy that all we do is call you an asshole back.  An IP ban would have been easier.  I chose otherwise and I stand by my decision. 

I don't see the person I called an asshole on here crying about it, why are you?  Are you two close or something?  If he has a problem with what I said he can say something himself or he can go to an admin and tell them I'm being a big meanie face.

Since you wanted to open your mouth let's look at your mod log shall we?

Oh look, you've been frozen 56 times from vote downs in the last 5 months and once by a mod for insulting other mods.

I'm talking to a troll, that much is obvious.  I wonder how bad the other mods want to keep you around.  Let's find out shall we?

I never called him a retard either, I refered to his tactics on discussion as retarded.  Learn to read and comprehend before jumping into a debate that has nothing to do with you.

You are here representing the site. I am asking if customers have no rights. If you are not in a position to answer that then that's ok but then don't defend it in the same breath. I do not see why customers have responsibility for who Internet providers let use the same I.P. address.

You are now splitting hairs, you did call him "retarded" and an "asshole". I don't think mods should ever stoop to such language especially when berating someone for similar antics. It's actions like these that leave certain forum members with feelings of double standards and unaccountability among moderators.

The vote down system is ridiculously flawed and absolutely no litmus as to the validity of my previous points. Bringing it up to somehow discredit my points is a poor form.

Ps. Pretty much all of my vote downs were from a failed AMA thread in the OG and for falling for a certain "clown" troll myself. I still feel I'm able to make valid points regardless. Phone Post
1/11/13 9:25 AM
DreamerMMA
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may have been a bit harsh.  I've been dealing with trolls all day.

The voting system has it's faults but really, getting frozen 56 times is quite an accomplishment that few others can claim.

You are asking me a question I have no answer for on the IP thing.  Don't most forums ban undesirables with an IP ban?  Why would this site be any different?

Of course members here have rights.  The system isn't perfect though and IP bans can affect innocent people, that can be fixed when brought to the owners/admins attention though.  As of yet I haven't seen this be a problem.

Is it fair that someone else on the same network can get a paying member in trouble?  Probably not, but it's not an issue I've seen actually come up as of yet.  If it does become an issue I'm sure the person affected could contact an admin here and have the situation rectified.  I really don't know how else this problem could be solved, then again I have nothing to do with how this site is run and am generally clueless about the more technical aspects of running a forum.

I'm not splitting hairs, I clearly stated that his actions were retarded, not the poster himself.  I was pretty specific about that.

I did call him an asshole, I'm not denying that.  I'm usually pretty careful about what I say and how I say it so there can be no confusion.

I probably shouldn't have called him an asshole, this is true.  I was irritated, I'll admit.  I still figured it was better than banning him but in hindsight I'm sure there was a better solution somewhere in the middle.

1/11/13 9:47 AM
johnonguitar7

DreamerMMA -

I may have been a bit harsh.  I've been dealing with trolls all day.

The voting system has it's faults but really, getting frozen 56 times is quite an accomplishment that few others can claim.

You are asking me a question I have no answer for on the IP thing.  Don't most forums ban undesirables with an IP ban?  Why would this site be any different?

Of course members here have rights.  The system isn't perfect though and IP bans can affect innocent people, that can be fixed when brought to the owners/admins attention though.  As of yet I haven't seen this be a problem.

Is it fair that someone else on the same network can get a paying member in trouble?  Probably not, but it's not an issue I've seen actually come up as of yet.  If it does become an issue I'm sure the person affected could contact an admin here and have the situation rectified.  I really don't know how else this problem could be solved, then again I have nothing to do with how this site is run and am generally clueless about the more technical aspects of running a forum.

I'm not splitting hairs, I clearly stated that his actions were retarded, not the poster himself.  I was pretty specific about that.

I did call him an asshole, I'm not denying that.  I'm usually pretty careful about what I say and how I say it so there can be no confusion.

I probably shouldn't have called him an asshole, this is true.  I was irritated, I'll admit.  I still figured it was better than banning him but in hindsight I'm sure there was a better solution somewhere in the middle.

Yeah I think that thread had about 16,000 views..... And about 16,000 voted owns.

The OG are unforgiving of AMA with many answers haha

I think this site is the same as most things in life that have "policing". When they see punishments and rules that they perceive as to be inconsistent (rightly or wrongly) they start to get annoyed.

Peace Phone Post
1/11/13 5:53 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for answering our questions Dreamer. 26 freezing in a single day. Mustsa been when Canada and Mirogliptta screwed Sakara Phone Post
1/11/13 8:17 PM
CindyO

Edited: 01/11/13 8:17 PM
nick diaz nut hugger - 
Lahzerous -
nick diaz nut hugger -  Typical Cindy O post where she comes in and makes one or two stupid comments and doesn't contribute anything of value to the thread.

Go into other threads to add nothing of value and leave your trademark 'Cindy' at the bottom so you can find your retarded posts later (your admitted reason as to why you have your name there) Phone Post

She was talking about a thread your so called room mate was posting in. But the way your quick to jump the gun to insult someone I bet you have no roommate and that Alt screen name is also you running your fucking mouth too pro fighters.
See the above explanation internet tough guy, and learn how to spell for fuck's sake Phone Post

Way to be an asshole again, especially since Lahzerous is probably 100% correct. But that's OK=) Keep sticking out like a sore thumb!

Cindy

1/12/13 3:33 AM
Random Poster

nick diaz nut hugger - 
DreamerMMA - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 
nick diaz nut hugger - 

It's ridiculous that there isn't a system in place for when a freezing/banning takes place. If a thread or a poster is going to be frozen, the moderator doing such should pm the poster and explain why, and that almost never happens.

In fact, the two times I was frozen, I had to contact other mods to see how long the freeze was for.

Wow, I just looked at your mod log.

You've been frozen 5 times in the last 2 months by mods for trolling.

You also have another screen name.  Canadian Psycho.

Having multiple screen names is a bannable offense.  I hope you have a good explanation.

Of course. The canadian psycho is not my screen name. My shithead roommate recently registered an we share the same internet connection, so same wifi. Yeah, he's from Canada, so it was probably him

"so it was probably him?"
your words

you didn't know his screen name until the mod told you it was him? what an odd coincidence you both troll the UG.

runningintoglassdoor.gif

1/12/13 6:41 AM
DreamerMMA

Canadian Psycho is deep frozen at the moment.  I'm not sure what will happen to him from here. 

I'm not the mod who did it and I tend to not interfere in other mods business.  His only real hope is to talk to the admins and see what happens.

1/12/13 6:46 AM
DreamerMMA

nick diaz nut hugger -  Dreamer this is the most and most continuously I've seen any mod go out of his way to explain how things work to forum members. Gayguard said it earlier but thanks for all the attention to these issues Phone Post

Believe it or not I'd rather help members out than freeze/ban them. 

I'm here to help you guys, that is my number one priority, playing hall monitor is just part of the gig but I do take my responsibilities here seriously.

I appreciate the support.

If anyone has other questions or concerns feel free to PM me or make a thread or something.

1/12/13 6:30 PM
DreamerMMA

BendosBaptisedBitch - 
DreamerMMA - 

I'm not worried about the room mate thing.  I can accept that response.  Won't change anything if one of you trolls a lot though cause it will get both names banned anyway.  I'll take your word for it though.

I don't know what to tell you about the freezings.  I wasn't the moderator involved and don't really remember who was although I do recall a conversation about both of these freezings among the mods earlier.

Joking around is all well and good but tone and sarcasm don't always translate well on the internet.  While some mods may know you and your personality others may not and just take what you say at face value.

For what it's worth I didn't know bashing Jeff Sherwood would get you in trouble.  He is pretty big in the MMA world though so he's basically a VIP like Joe Rogan or Eddie Bravo so I imagine he gets some protection for that reason alone.

As fas as the misunderstanding with Snapple.  I don't really know anything about it and I can't speak for Snapple or the admins, that's something you'd have to take up with him.

i also caught a freeze for a half-jest in the Sherwood/ Sherdog thread. One word, "Sherfag". yeah ok, not brilliant post of the year candidate stuff, but pretty fucking harmless imo. It wasnt some malicious attack that interrupted an otherwise deep, philosophical discourse on mixed martial arts media/ journalism, nor was it the sort of uplifting positive reinforcement that, though wonderful to see at the right time and in its sincerest form, is just as, if not more annoying than blatant trolling when constant, compulsory, or insincere. If im not mistaken Jeff Sherwood's site is my mma forum's greatest/ most obvious rival and when the guy happens to make the rare appearance he's completely immune to any ribbing or joking what-so-ever!?! Being 100% honest as the freeze was weeks ago and i have no reason to lie, i wasn't hoping for any reaction/ response from Sherwood. Like everyone else, my posts/ opinions are intended for my fellow UGers. Again, its history, but i do find it interesting that some UG mods consider UGers expressing pride in their team (the UG) and in good fun, giving the enemy what for when he happens to show his face, a ban-able offense (again, a joke/ spin on the hypothetical rivalry between mma forum #1 and mma forum #2). I realize the need for some level of censorship when it comes to greens as they are particularly likely to be targeted by trolls and exposed to more deliberate/ malicious harassment, however, pandering to Jeff Sherwood's ego at the expense of non-troll/ ball busting UGers wreaks of kiss-ass, show-off, power-trip BS.

Im sure there are those high and mighty individuals at the pinnacle of success that will deem any sense of rivalry between UGers and Sherfags ghey, and if it were that serious i may tend to agree, but the truth is these men are traitors that post on both forums. They are without loyalty, part ghey, and like the lowly gypsy traveler with no hearth or home, should be eyed with suspicion, alienated, and ultimately executed for crimes against the UG state.
i said good day sir.

If it makes you feel any better the UG already fought Sherdog in one of the UGGP events and the UG was victorious. 

We also defeated Bullshido a few months later.

I know because I set up and co promoted both events.

I also post on all three forums thought admittedly very rarely do I stray from the UG/OG.

What need do we have to kick a man when he's down?  Sherdog knows who's boss.  If they'd like another shot at the champ I'm sure we could make it happen again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.