UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Zuffa didnt Gaurantee Alvarez Title shot/PPV Slot

1/10/13 7:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/10/13 10:14 AM

As the author of the original mmajunkie article who initially insinuated Zuffa gauranteed Eddie a title shot has subsequently corrected it to "Zuffa's intention to give Alavarez an immidiate title shot in March with a PPv slot".

His ppv cut is guaranteed in the contract if he gets the ppv slot.

most think if zuffa simply gauranteed him the title shot and ppv slot instead of "intending it" he'd be in the UFC by now... that may be true but I believe there are 2 reasons why zuffa and eddie did it this way.

First, it makes no sense for zuffa to actually give him an immediate title shot in march, and pay him over a million dollars when bendo/gilbert is a bigger fight and costs less, and place him on a card with GSP/diaz which is already stacked.

Secondly, this "intention" gives Eddie and his team legal ammunition against Bellator.  This "intention of giving eddie an immidiate title shot on the march GSP/Diaz ppv card" seems to be nothing more than what's called a poision pill in contracts.

First, Eddie can sue bellator for damages using the GSP/Diaz ppv numbers in march (which will likely be 900k buys plus) citing zuffa's intention to offer him a ppv slot and title shot on that card which Eddie had to turn down because of the bellator legal battle and as a result zuffa was forced to move on to booking benson/melendez.

Secondly, Eddie can use the march GSP/Diaz ppv numbers as a real world value during the case against him and arbitration.

The "intention" of booking Alvarez on the GSP/Diaz card in march seems to be nothing more than a poison pil that bellashit ate up.

If bellator didnt match, then zuffa could have easily placed alvarez against someone like jim miller on the fox card in april because the ppv slot and title shot wasnt gauranteed, but if bellator did match, eddie would be able to use this provision to either sue bellator for damages and/or establsih a value of the contract in arbitration.

Eddie and his legal team likely understand he's not gonna get a title shot off the bat and ppv money off the bat and this "intention" was just placed in there as a poison pill so he can legally use it if necessary.

He can say i was offered to fight on the GSP/diaz card in march but I had to refuse it because of bellator. That gives him a real world example of the value for the ppv portion of the deal that he can argue bellator needs to match and also a value for damages incase he wants to move forward with additional counter measures against Bellator.

1/10/13 9:25 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

U have no idea what u r talking about. Stop spreading misinformation Phone Post
1/10/13 9:27 AM
Darup

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - U have no idea what u r talking about. Stop spreading misinformation Phone Post
You are the one who keeps posting nonsense on every bellator thread. You work for them or are you just their white knight? Phone Post
1/10/13 9:31 AM

Darup -
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - U have no idea what u r talking about. Stop spreading misinformation Phone Post
You are the one who keeps posting nonsense on every bellator thread. You work for them or are you just their white knight? Phone Post
I have no dog in the fight. I am just being objective about things instead of assuming that I know all the details and bashing bellator and Bjorn on that basis which is ridiculous. Phone Post
1/10/13 9:32 AM

And tell me exactly what nonsense I posted fool. Phone Post
1/10/13 9:34 AM
TeamRenzo4Life
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dunno but I'll take pretty much anyone's word over a mad Fedor-hater/UFC shill like Orcus.
1/10/13 9:37 AM

TeamRenzo4Life - I dunno but I'll take pretty much anyone's word over a mad Fedor-hater/UFC shill like Orcus.
If I were a UFC shill, why on earth would I defend bellator? Didn't your momma give u any sense boy?

And I think u may be mistaking me for dorkus, who I lost a sn bet to. Phone Post
1/10/13 9:48 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

I don't think any of us have seen the contract...

really looking forward to seeing this play out, and hopefully it does so, quickly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.