UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mission:Become not fat

1/10/13 10:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JLindahl
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So I'm done being a fat piece of shit starting a vegan diet for 28days then going to a low carb lean protein diet

Any tips/ridicule are welcome

Currently 275lbs 6ft fat as shit Phone Post
1/10/13 10:14 AM
SoupCan
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why vegan?

Do you know your blood type, there's certain foods to avoid depending on hour blood type. Alot of people start these diets that they've heard work for others and they are just setting themselves up to fail. Phone Post
1/10/13 10:21 AM
SoupCan
400 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And your young to aren't you?

Clean eating, avoid processed foods, portion control... No large pizzas, a small is more than enough... EXERCISE

Becoming a vegan after probably having two or more meals with meat in them a day is setting yourself up to fail Phone Post
1/10/13 10:23 AM
JLindahl
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SoupCan - Why vegan?

Do you know your blood type, there's certain foods to avoid depending on hour blood type. Alot of people start these diets that they've heard work for others and they are just setting themselves up to fail. Phone Post
I work at whole foods and we have a thing called a 28day challenge and it's just 2 weeks vegan 2 weeks vegetarian

No I don't know my blood type I've been in shape before I hurt my knee wrestling a couple years ago and basically dropped exercising time to get back on it Phone Post
1/10/13 10:24 AM
JLindahl

SoupCan - And your young to aren't you?

Clean eating, avoid processed foods, portion control... No large pizzas, a small is more than enough... EXERCISE

Becoming a vegan after probably having two or more meals with meat in them a day is setting yourself up to fail Phone Post
No I'm not committing to being vegan but it's just more of like a cleanse type deal Phone Post
1/10/13 10:25 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
1903 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner

Good luck dude. Hope you have success.

1/10/13 10:33 AM
Kamikaze Emu
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vegan is effing hard, assuming you'll be making a lot of your own food. Good luck man.
1/10/13 10:35 AM
JLindahl

Kamikaze Emu - Vegan is effing hard, assuming you'll be making a lot of your own food. Good luck man.
I won't because I work at whole foods and I can buy a lot of vegan food for cheap because I get a discount Phone Post
1/10/13 10:48 AM
Triple_B
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SoupCan -  Why vegan?

do you have a good link to this blood type diet stuff? I'm curious.
1/10/13 10:52 AM
SoupCan

Triple_B -
SoupCan -  Why vegan?

Ill dig it up for you, my trainer is a nutritionist and she's the one who showed me all of this... We also did a test after I was we'll prepared and established in my diet and routine to see how long I could go with avoiding carbs and I'm an Apositive so I went 17 days with no carb intake at all and I felt fine, if I don't eat any protein for a day I'm feeling exhausted.

It's good stuff to look into, depending on blood type certain foods are harder to digest and will leave you feeling bloated... Which is a shitty feeling Phone Post
1/10/13 10:55 AM
Triple_B
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/10/13 10:56 AM
Oh and OP going from one extreme to the other quickly is a sure way to increase the chances of failure.

Start with obtainable fitness goals (<10 minute mile, 10 perfect pushups, 1 dead hang pullup with good form, etc.), eliminate junk food/sugary drinks, increase water intake, increase servings of fruits and vegetables, don't eat out to much.

Might not sound as great as cross fit or a cleanse diet, but fitness and just about every lifestyle change happens gradually. It's not a switch you can turn on. You are way better off easing yourself in to it rather going crazy like it is a race to the finish.

Not to mention that you don't even know if vegan/vegetarian diets are right for you. Why not get in decent shape first and then play with your diet a little bit to try and make the most out of it?

Try not to rely on some program or challenge to motivate you also. Your lack of self motivation is most likely what got you here in the first place. Mentally condition yourself to want change.
1/10/13 10:57 AM
-FC-
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin -

Good luck dude. Hope you have success.

This. I have no jokes here. Phone Post
1/10/13 10:59 AM
DrMcTeepyourface
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck mate, am also changing things up nutritionally and fitness wise this year. Phone Post
1/10/13 11:01 AM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Director of Handsome

I took the liberty of moving this to the "What if" forum.

1/10/13 11:02 AM
-FC-
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JHR -

I took the liberty of moving this to the "What if" forum.

Lol! Phone Post
1/10/13 11:03 AM
fearOfABlackPlanet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck being a vegan is my first advice unless you want to look like a weird bodied slimmer flabby used to be fat vegan guy. All you will do is lose a bunch of lean tissue making it much harder to be lean when it counts.

Skip to step 2, cut your carbs to nothing. Eat some every three or four days.but not much, and make sure they are high fiber low glycemic carbs.

Lift weights!!! walk, run or bike! Circuit train !

Problem solved.

Google the following:

Insulin resistance ( you have this captain fatty pants)

Glycemic index

HIIT
1/10/13 11:05 AM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Director of Handsome

I'll move it back now.

Girlground is all full.

1/10/13 11:09 AM
slo ko
752 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLindahl -  So I'm done being a fat piece of shit starting a vegan diet for 28days then going to a low carb lean protein diet

Having lost 80 pounds of fat the past 11 months, the first thing I would do is throw your timetable out the window.

You're not going on a diet, you're making a lifestyle change with a lifetime commitment. That means you're going to have good days and bad days. Bad weeks here and there (like holiday season) and excellent weeks. Your goal should be aggregate good down the stretch, resulting in weight loss or weight maintenance.

My tip for you is recognize that you live in a world full of fun and delicious things to eat. Keep living in that world, but do what I do. Determine whether your personal eating, or social eating represents the largest part of your eating (by meal count). For me it's personal eating.

Focus on eating very clean for all of your personal eating. Allow yourself to indulge during social eating. This is doable for me since 80% of my meals are eaten by myself. 20% with others.

1/10/13 11:13 AM
MarsMan
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck to you, even though I think full vegan is not smart.

1/10/13 11:17 AM
bjjdna
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my old neighbor is a Dr. and wrote a book...his advice has worked well for me..."The diet docs" by Scott Uloth

One of his main points was that you need the correct mix and correct types of protein, carbs, and fat AT EVERY MEAL in order to keep your metabolism in high gear.

You can maintain and remain in this high metabolism zone by eating 7-10 times per day...small portions...healthy food

The ideal ratio varies from individual to individual based on differences in body types/sizes/metabolisms. My ratio is 120g protein/day, 140g carbs/day, and 45g fat/day.

carbs should be fruits and veggies...make them tasty by dipping them into your fav dressing

eliminate most but not all saturated fats especially the red meats and replace with good fat, eg, avocados, nuts, seeds, etc...eat more fish and chicken and less red meat

other things that have helped me are the gracie diet tips...replace sodas and all high fructose corn syrup drinks with bannana fruit smoothies...let your bannanas turn spotty, then peel and freeze, and add your fav fruit juice and blend...tastes much better than soda and good for you too

and of course the basics...drink lots of water, get plenty of rest/sleep, and fuck as much as possible
1/10/13 11:19 AM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/10/13 11:54 AM

You will lose 20 pounds in a month drinking nothing but water and staying AWAY from bread.

Don't jump into either a crazy diet or a crazy workout, do consistent workouts to get yourself used to the routine, then up your volume.

Same with the diet, don't shock your system by just jumping into something, get rid of all the bad things and anything white. Once you've established a routine then establish a diet you can stick to.

Too many people start shit they can't stick to when working out or eating. Be smart about it.

1/10/13 11:22 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
1903 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NerdQuestionOfTheDay.com, Owner
slo ko - 
JLindahl -  So I'm done being a fat piece of shit starting a vegan diet for 28days then going to a low carb lean protein diet

Having lost 80 pounds of fat the past 11 months, the first thing I would do is throw your timetable out the window.

You're not going on a diet, you're making a lifestyle change with a lifetime commitment. That means you're going to have good days and bad days. Bad weeks here and there (like holiday season) and excellent weeks. Your goal should be aggregate good down the stretch, resulting in weight loss or weight maintenance.

My tip for you is recognize that you live in a world full of fun and delicious things to eat. Keep living in that world, but do what I do. Determine whether your personal eating, or social eating represents the largest part of your eating (by meal count). For me it's personal eating.

Focus on eating very clean for all of your personal eating. Allow yourself to indulge during social eating. This is doable for me since 80% of my meals are eaten by myself. 20% with others.

Good post and awesome job on your weight loss!

1/10/13 11:44 AM
Toby Lerone
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Triple_B - 
SoupCan -  Why vegan?

fyi, I don't know anything about this but my ma did a blood type diet years ago and lost a shit tonne of weight.

1/10/13 11:45 AM
slo ko
752 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone who is telling you to transition slowly is spot-on. That's what I did. When I first began, I picked two things I wanted to change: stop drinking and start walking. It wasn't until much later that I made a hobby of cleaning up diet and relearning how to eat.

But my health was such shit at the start that I could hardly hoof-it 2 miles without knees or hips shutting me down. This sucked because I was a lifelong athlete and I knew what I had been capable of. But my body was perfectly adjusted for the couch. Not a hiking trail.

I just kept at it, man. The more I walked, the more my joints got used to it. I was pounding the Glucosamine/Chondritin and Advil a lot those first months.

Finally I got up to between 120-145 miles a month walking. I added bike riding to the mix.

Fast-forward to the present and I can actually say there's not much I can't do with a little determination. I'm not at my target fitness yet, but I'm close. I walk 80 miles a month now (to and from work) rain or shine. And I lift weights.

My diet is 80/20 or 80% super clean eating and 20% frivilous eating.

1/10/13 1:08 PM
JLindahl

Triple_B - Oh and OP going from one extreme to the other quickly is a sure way to increase the chances of failure.

Start with obtainable fitness goals (<10 minute mile, 10 perfect pushups, 1 dead hang pullup with good form, etc.), eliminate junk food/sugary drinks, increase water intake, increase servings of fruits and vegetables, don't eat out to much.

Might not sound as great as cross fit or a cleanse diet, but fitness and just about every lifestyle change happens gradually. It's not a switch you can turn on. You are way better off easing yourself in to it rather going crazy like it is a race to the finish.

Not to mention that you don't even know if vegan/vegetarian diets are right for you. Why not get in decent shape first and then play with your diet a little bit to try and make the most out of it?

Try not to rely on some program or challenge to motivate you also. Your lack of self motivation is most likely what got you here in the first place. Mentally condition yourself to want change.
I wrestled through middle/high school I have an idea of what fitness is I just gave up and got lazy

Some good tips though anything is appreciated Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.