UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mission:Become not fat

1/17/13 10:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JLindahl
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DonkeyKick215 - quit the beer
Not a drinker soda is a weakness that I'm cutting out Phone Post
1/17/13 10:33 AM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLindahl - 
DonkeyKick215 - quit the beer
Not a drinker soda is a weakness that I'm cutting out Phone Post

Getting myself and my family off the soda and high fructose corn syrup (disguised as fruit juice) is one of the best health moves I've made. Now that I've quit soda, they don't even taste good anymore.

Banana smoothies all the way. Wait until they turn freckled, peel and freeze, add your fav fruit juice (watermelon cantelope, apple, coconut, etc) to frozen banannas and blend.
1/17/13 10:42 AM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stayrad -  Fucking LOL at people saying to drop carbs ! OP go to bodybuilding.com and follow the kris gethins 12 week planner don't listen to the bro science in here Phone Post

Bro science says fats are burned in the fuel of carbs...you need a mix of fats (mostly unsaturated good fat), good carbs (fruits and veggies), and protein AT EVERY MEAL to keep your metabolism working in high gear

Everyone is different so you need to find out what ratio of fat/carb/protein works best for you body type and your specific metabolism (which is 100% genetically determined)

Also drinking water an hour before your meal and after you wake up activates internal organs and aids in digestion
1/17/13 10:43 AM
bjjdna

soda

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/bjjdna/soda_zps3eb68719.jpg
1/17/13 10:49 AM
UGCTT croy_00
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLindahl - So I said fuck the vegan bullshit

I picked up a fat burner/vitamin pack from gnc and have lost 5-10 lbs to where people in my circle have noticed

Definite confidence booster when non family members say it looks like you lost weight Phone Post
Careful with this "fat burner" shit man. A lot of it works by making your heart race, even when you are resting. My cousin tried taking hydroxy cut and I recall he had to go to the hospital for something related to it. I believe it fucked his kidneys for a while.

Anyway, just watch what you eat, and exercise 4-5 times a week. Don't do these dumb fucking diets and shit. Just eat clean, and do whatever you are able to "stick" too. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Phone Post
1/17/13 11:12 AM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLindahl -  So I'm done being a fat piece of shit starting a vegan diet for 28days then going to a low carb lean protein diet

Any tips/ridicule are welcome

Currently 275lbs 6ft fat as shit Phone Post

I started New Years day on the Paleo Diet. As soon as the juicer I ordered gets here, I'm switching up to Joe Cross's juice diet. Link to Joe's website below.

Fat, Sick, and nearly dead is Joe's documentary, which I found inspiring.

Good luck with whatever path you take.

1/17/13 12:50 PM
JLindahl
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT croy_00 -
JLindahl - So I said fuck the vegan bullshit

I picked up a fat burner/vitamin pack from gnc and have lost 5-10 lbs to where people in my circle have noticed

Definite confidence booster when non family members say it looks like you lost weight Phone Post
Careful with this "fat burner" shit man. A lot of it works by making your heart race, even when you are resting. My cousin tried taking hydroxy cut and I recall he had to go to the hospital for something related to it. I believe it fucked his kidneys for a while.

Anyway, just watch what you eat, and exercise 4-5 times a week. Don't do these dumb fucking diets and shit. Just eat clean, and do whatever you are able to "stick" too. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Phone Post
No fuck hydroxycut it's mostly caffeine

This is more of a vitamin supplement Phone Post
1/17/13 2:08 PM
Wolfs Law
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've been watching a lot of vergetarian Docs lately:

Food For Change

Forks over Knives

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead\

all are great flicks and have really sold me on trying a plant based diet

1/17/13 2:13 PM
Wolfs Law
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone said it earlier, you really need to wean yourself off meat, dont do it all at once,

i've actually been doing the green smothies and veggie juicers for a while now, i still splurge on pizza or chicken wings, but burgers make me sick now. this sucks because i used to love me somoe burgers!

1/17/13 4:35 PM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stayrad -  Fucking LOL at people saying to drop carbs ! OP go to bodybuilding.com and follow the kris gethins 12 week planner don't listen to the bro science in here Phone Post

Bro science eh? Since when are randomized, controlled trials "bro science"?

So, to combat "bro science" you are referring everyone to a body building website. I looked at the diet plan, but I didn't see the scientific references. Egg whites eh?

"To LOOK like Kris Gethin you have to EAT like Kris Gethin."

Looks to me like you stumbled upon the very DEFINITION of "bro science."

Again: The most effective way for a fat person to lose fat is to restrict carbohydrates and therefore target the metabolic derangement (insulin resistance) that is driving their excess fat storage, over-consumption of food, and physical lethargy. This is soundly supported by virtually all of the relevant SCIENCE to date (the real science, not the I AM SUPER RIPPED SO DO WHAT I DO "science")
1/20/13 7:46 PM
JLindahl

7 miles on the bike today and a good arm/trap workout today was a good day

Down 12lbs Phone Post
1/20/13 8:15 PM
Best Chris Ever
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLindahl - 7 miles on the bike today and a good arm/trap workout today was a good day

Down 12lbs Phone Post
Late to the party but I bet you can drop like 15 pounds if you get all of those mammals out of your colon instead of sticking more in to chase them out Phone Post
1/21/13 12:13 AM
rhino x2
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Good discussion
1/21/13 9:55 AM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just some advice...

1: Primary factor for losing weight is diet. Exercise is second. Together they are golden, but if you do just one, it has to be diet. You will not lose weight even with fairly intense exercise, if you also eat candy and snacks.

2: If you are a fat person, you must avoid like the plague a "temporary diet" mentality. You've probably been fat for years. Your current unhealthy diet is ingrained in your mind and habits. Even if you succeed with a temporary diet, the chances are big that you will relapse into old habits once you've got a "diet is now over" mindset. Your old ways lie dormant and may come back with a vengeance, and before you know it, ass is growing like a motherfucker. Find a reasonable eating schedule you can live with for the rest of your life. Sure, it can be stricter while slimming down, but don't even bother will bullshit starvation diets.

3: Write down goals somewhere you can read it and remind you and steel your determination. Make the goals realistic, give them a time for completion, and commit like a motherfucker.

4: Personally, I find my eating cleans up after I start working out. So while diet is more important, to me it is easier to eat clean when I am working out regularily. Also, exercise has a tremendous effect on mood.

5: Make a training program. If I just go to the gym with no plan, I am first of all not being efficient, but I am also more likely to not go at all, because there is no plan to it. I think Stronglifts beginner strength 5x5 is great, but the big one for most people is Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" program. They are both very thorough on technique, all you need is a barbell and a squat rack, and you are set. I hope you have a gym membership.

6. Make a workout diary.

Good luck, let's DO this!
1/21/13 10:45 AM
JLindahl

^^^ great advice on this post

Little backstory on me

I'm losing the weight now that I put on after a knee injury from wrestling I do know how to workout and diet effectively

I have a la fitness membership and having been going a minimum of 3 times a week since I've decided to make the change ideally I'd like to go every other day

Side note for any lifters

I hurt my back a couple months ago and now when I bench I feel very unstable

I had a hard time lifting 205 not because it felt to heavy but because I felt very unstable and somehow it felt linked to my back

Any tips/advice to counteract this would be appreciated Phone Post
1/21/13 3:53 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/21/13 3:53 PM

http://stronglifts.com/5-ways-to-increase-your-bench-press/

Read everything in point 1 in particular. I think the sum effect of those will help you stabilize.

Also:

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-bench-press-with-proper-technique-avoid-shoulder-injuries/

Kinda this too, although he just reiterates.

http://stronglifts.com/if-you-want-to-skyrocket-your-bench-press/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.