UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MMA wood engravings

1/28/13 3:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
greenseed
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

these are amazing
1/28/13 3:01 PM
Tat2tillidie
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing stuff ... Phone Post
1/28/13 3:01 PM
greenseed
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have you sold any of these?
1/28/13 3:18 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW amazing craftsmanship.
1/28/13 3:38 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam -

Rampage vs Chuck woodstain

I like how rampage looks like he has a halo. Phone Post
1/28/13 3:44 PM
Forever12er
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great work man Phone Post
1/28/13 5:59 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Salokcin69 -
ScottishSkirtWearersTopTeam -

Rampage vs Chuck woodstain

I like how rampage looks like he has a halo. Phone Post
Yea I fucking love that piece. It's one of my favourites of OP's. Phone Post
1/28/13 7:15 PM
FunkMasterJoe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4 later Phone Post
1/28/13 7:41 PM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
22 days ago
jwistead
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
22 days ago
ShanTheMan
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More hendo ones!

Fantastic job Phone Post 3.0
22 days ago
CapnKindBud

Excellent work !! Phone Post 3.0
22 days ago
MVP131

TTT Phone Post 3.0
22 days ago
Built Like A Fedor
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU, OP! Phone Post 3.0
21 days ago
Conor_be_dustin_up_the _division
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make more champ!! Ship them to aus! Phone Post 3.0
21 days ago
SirIrb

Big if respect, bro. You are talented. Joe daddy was very good. Phone Post 3.0
21 days ago
BirdWatcher
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those look awesome, good work. Phone Post 3.0
21 days ago
Rear Naked Bloke
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, these are awesome! Is that wood stain for coloring? Phone Post
21 days ago
Ben Carlton
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome man Phone Post 3.0
21 days ago
Thefifthscallop
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, those are fucking awesome! Thanks for sharing. Phone Post 3.0
21 days ago
jwistead
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does the OP post here anymore? I'd like to know if he's done any more.
21 days ago
jwistead

http://woodstainedglass.tumblr.com/

Whoa, yeah, definitely still active... I googled for woodstainedglass.
21 days ago
Kneeblock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing stuff. Can't believe I missed this. That Silva/Griffin one is an achievement. Phone Post 3.0
21 days ago
woodstainedglass
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement. Yes I am still active, creating wood engravings of MMA's most iconic fighters and moments.   

To set the record straight, my name is Chris Rini and I'm in MMA to create the Hall of Fame.  

Here is a short story about what I've been up to: From January 2013 to August 2014 I wrote and illustrated a column for Fightland called Defining Moment. It was a great experience, I'd never had a regular art job and was making an average of 12 wood engravings every month, and I'd never written articles before. The storytelling varies, but my best written articles are The Gracie Hunter about Royce vs Sakuraba, and my article about Ken Shamrock vs Don Frye.  Those also have great artwork, others I'd consider having exceptional artwork are the Jon Jones drawings, Edgar vs Maynard II, Chuck vs Wand and Royce vs Kimo.  

(These are just individual pics from bigger articles) 

I also made 3 more animations, Goodridge vs Herrera, JDS vs Werdum and Zingano vs Tate. 

I'll put them in another posting

WHAT'S GOING ON THESE DAYS

In July I got a booth at UFC Fan Expo, made a bunch of t-shirts, posters, prints, and shipped them and my woodwork out to Vegas and flew out from NYC. It was a great experience though also a ton of work. I met a lot of people from the UG and you guys are awesome. Super respectful, eager to talk about the sport, the legacies of fighters and asking questions about the artwork.   

I learned a lot from Expo, what resonated with people but also what I was doing wrong with my career.

I came back from Expo, and decided that I had to chart a new course. Since September I've been working on an animated movie about an MMA fight. It'll be simultaneously gigantic in terms of artwork (roughly 250 wood engravings), and tiny (maybe 2 minute long movie). It'll have titles, soundtrack, credits, etc.

Sorry to use this jargon, but next year I'm rebranding myself as RiniMMA. That's my twitter handle and I'm going to restart my instagram & tumblr with that name as well. I think for the UG and reddit (the other place where I use this woodstainedglass name) I'm going to keep my original name because the way my career started was by getting noticed in these two places. I've met a lot of people from here in person and there's a sentimental value for me, and a way of saying: you guys kinda know me.

During the live events I'm on twitter sketching things as they happen. Usually with some funny angle, like Iaquinta vs a Kangaroo, or a poingnant moment like when Stun Gun let his parents know he was ok after Woodley put him down 

So I'm hustling like a mad man and yes, it is wood stain that I use for color. 

21 days ago
woodstainedglass
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.