UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I'm fighting for the XFC on Feb 22nd!

1/10/13 3:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJuan Owens
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/12/13 1:59 PM

What's up UG! My name is D'Juan Owens and I fight out of Durham NC. I've been a lurker here since my first amateur fight. I finally have the opportunity to fight on a bigger show so I figured a little shameless self-promotion wouldn't hurt. I'm a family man, a USMC vet, and I give breakdancing and chess lessons on the weekends. I'm also a volunteer at Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle. As far as mma goes, I consider myself a well-rounded fighter who's particularly dangerous standing and in top position. Here are a few of my highlights and fights (blue help please):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtFqBykylAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwS8-pTTR6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TG92ljlRtQ

1/10/13 3:49 PM
DJuan Owens

Edited: 01/10/13 4:13 PM

Check my fanpage too:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJuan-Owens-MMA-Fan-Page/240881629268780

1/10/13 4:24 PM
crowbar
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you would not have mentioned that you are a USMC vet & a volunteer...I would not have posted this trust me.

1/10/13 4:24 PM
DJuan Owens

Maybe this will work: Hey UG I'm A black guy with dreadlocks and I'm extremely athletic and explosive! I drive drunk, have ten kids that I don't take care of and I never train. Just natural talent like Crazy Horse. Screw supporting a hard woking family man. I'm also as ghetto as they come...hood as can be!  Now can someone show me some love? :)

If not I can always go the WMMA route and post pretty pics of myself. The UG seems to take to that. Alright time to train. Check my fights out guys. peace

1/10/13 4:25 PM
crowbar
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/10/13 4:25 PM
DJuan Owens

Thanks Crowbar, I appreciate it brotha! If I may ask though, why not?

1/10/13 4:26 PM
crowbar

1/10/13 4:30 PM
crowbar

To be honest bro,I am just sick & tired of the endless promoting and advertising that`s going on here on the forum.I`m also sick & tired of the manufactured drama I`m seeing all the time on tv.Too much of the same shit over & over,and over & over.

1/10/13 4:34 PM
DJuan Owens

Edited: 01/11/13 10:28 AM

I can definitely understand that. Promoters hound the hell out of fighters to promote and do media stuff though. This stuff isn't my cup of tea either as you can see from my post count. I appreciate it though man, seriously. peace

1/10/13 4:37 PM
mike_rizzo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nothing wrong with a little self promotion for your first big fight. good luck man Phone Post
1/10/13 4:45 PM
crowbar

You`re welcome.Keep doing what you are doing.No hard feelings on my end.

1/10/13 4:49 PM
DJuan Owens

No doubt.  Thanks Rizzo!

1/10/13 4:59 PM
Ray Elbe
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
1/10/13 9:58 PM
Slap Maxwell
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats!
1/10/13 10:02 PM
yellow wrkahlc

...your nickname is Dirty South?

1/10/13 10:06 PM
GregNoActionJackson
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck man. Don't know why people would complain. This is an mma forum, why wouldn't we want fighters posting here. Phone Post
1/10/13 10:08 PM
MMASMG
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck

1/10/13 10:14 PM
CompleteDevestation

Djuan is a great guy. Fought for us several times. Never gives up and lays down elbows like its no ones business. Fought Jeff smith when no one wanted to and always came away with a win. Phone Post
1/10/13 11:11 PM
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2693 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gd luck bud... Hope you smash him!! Phone Post
1/11/13 10:24 AM
DJuan Owens

Yellow Wrkahlc I didn't come up with it but yeah that's my name.  Greg I feel the same way but I can see how it can get old to people. The only thing I'm bitching about is when the honeys do the same thing they turn into celebrities instantaneously. Can a brotha just get a few more likes on his fanpage? DAYUM :) Seriously though, thanks for the support guys!

Complete Dev you guys are awesome and you're always hospitable to the fighters. Much respect!

1/11/13 1:01 PM
YHTOMIT2001
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you were an attractive female fighter, you'd have 100 more replies here.... Phone Post
1/11/13 9:03 PM
yellow wrkahlc

props to you regardless, sir. I wish you the best of luck!

ttt

1/11/13 9:05 PM
OmgItsTheWams
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't seen any fights but you fight around the area and beat Jeremy Myers who is tough good luck in xfc Phone Post
1/12/13 1:11 PM
DJuan Owens

YHT- I feel you on that but it's all good, just gotta keep putting this work in. Wams -Myers was definitely tough man,  we got pretty cool after the fight and he's my boy now. Stop being lazies and check those fights out! We all have short attention spans so I always get my wife to make them highlights and give them phat soundtracks lol. 

1/12/13 1:33 PM
OmgItsTheWams
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DJuan Owens -

YHT- I feel you on that but it's all good, just gotta keep putting this work in. Wams -Myers was definitely tough man,  we got pretty cool after the fight and he's my boy now. Stop being lazies and check those fights out! We all have short attention spans so I always get my wife to make them highlights and give them phat soundtracks lol. 

I'll check them out today Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.