UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hey UG

1/11/13 8:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

TTT for Cindy O's husband

1/11/13 12:13 PM
Oddessa
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss this place. Found myself reading  thru buncha older threads last night.

I been so busy last year or so with family/work/work/work ..I been away from all forums.. but this is the fukin UG. 

And once ur UG...your 'UG' for life...even at my age..  unless of coursse ur a trick ass bitch. 

1/11/13 12:16 PM
Card
1991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't get enough of you on MMAJunkie Radio.... Happy New Year Joey.

1/11/13 12:33 PM
RickStorm
1699 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome back Joey!!!

Good to see you back in these here parts =)

1/11/13 1:23 PM
Golden Boy
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of a few people I met in the sport I still consider a friend.
1/11/13 1:30 PM
Oddessa
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Boy - One of a few people I met in the sport I still consider a friend.

You bettor..(pun)

...you sawed off little fuker.. 

There will only be one GoldenBoy ...and it's not DeLaHoya.  It's my ninja Golden Boy.

Feeling is mutal J.

1/11/13 1:34 PM
Oddessa

BendosBaptisedBitch - 
Oddessa - 
MachidasStraightLeft - 

I still want to know how you possibly think that Cerrone had Diaz rocked.

Ask Nate..re: Cerrone

but respect..to ur question and Nates heart vs Hendo

No rear view mirrors.. Henderson beat him like the -350 fav I opened him..planet talked smack & I was nuts till the beatdown was over with...lol....even had a 10-8 round no? ...also said Cain wouldn't lose a round to JDS in rematch as well... but ez to play results..I don't like to wag tail when I'm  doin about mid 6 digits a year without breaking a sweat..so I can afford luxury to 'possibly think' wrong from time to time if I'm more right than wrong gunsmoke.

Often wrong..but never in doubt. 

Peace.

padawan learner you have?

Darth Bagels

rare photo of me in my prime...I used to be a contender...but aging..

star wars kid

1/11/13 1:35 PM
Oddessa

fat referee - 

Bisping or Belfort?

pains me..but I lean to the Brit.. if Belfort doesn't hurt'em in first 7 mins..

1/11/13 1:35 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joey! Need more old schoolers around here...
1/11/13 2:55 PM
KingGo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WoodenPupa - Welcome back Odessa. Your wagering wisdom, and tales of Costa Rica are legendary. But personally I'll always remember your input on an old thread, the "Can you take Arlovski with a baseball bat?" thread, when AA's career was at a high. Very important thread for "Baseball Bat vs. Fighter X" theory.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this place is never a waste of time, that thread alone proves it.
I wanna see that thread Phone Post
1/11/13 3:05 PM
Kirik
1684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

1/11/13 3:08 PM
Got MMAlk
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as picking for rookies...pick the exact opposite of whatever I say. I can't seem to pick against the old school, and it hit me during the UFC on Fox 5 card. I literally picked 2 fights right because I can't bare to see the new school guys win. Even if I like them, I always want the old school guys to win. You are welcome. It's like a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of thing, except do the opposite. Wait what? Phone Post
1/11/13 3:17 PM
Brian Rule
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

love seeing old schoolers duck in.. good to have you back joey

sam pai where you at??
1/11/13 4:17 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sam Pai is busy with his blues band, his 6' 9" son who is going to play Pro, and he is re-writing his color coded mma alerts.

1/11/13 8:31 PM
WoodenPupa
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingGo - 
WoodenPupa - Welcome back Odessa. Your wagering wisdom, and tales of Costa Rica are legendary. But personally I'll always remember your input on an old thread, the "Can you take Arlovski with a baseball bat?" thread, when AA's career was at a high. Very important thread for "Baseball Bat vs. Fighter X" theory.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this place is never a waste of time, that thread alone proves it.
I wanna see that thread Phone Post

It's years old, and I'm not sure if I've still got it, but my thread search capabilities are limited by mud membership. I might yet dig it up though.

The consensus as I remember it was that most UG'ers could not take AA even with a baseball bat. Theories diverged as to the contributions of size and athleticism to the issue, with a final nuance about wooden vs. aluminum bats offered as very important.

IIRC Odessa, citing his own size and wrestling background, was 100% sure he could beat AA in combat with a baseball bat in situations where AA had no weapon.

This was in the heyday of combat thought experiments on the UG, in which "Pro fighter vs. Chimp??" threads were popular and attracted highly respected commentators.
1/11/13 8:40 PM
Oddessa

1/11/13 10:03 PM
smth416
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miss your wisdom Joey. Hope you start spending more time here again. Phone Post
1/12/13 1:24 AM
WoodenPupa
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL. Hahhahaha. We've missed you man.
1/12/13 1:57 AM
WoodenPupa

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Sam Pai is busy with his blues band, his 6' 9" son who is going to play Pro, and he is re-writing his color coded mma alerts.

I thought the alert system he came up with made a lot of sense...I wonder what he modified? Maybe he'll post it, or pass it along to somebody when he's done.

Anyway, good to hear he's doing well.
1/12/13 1:59 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddessa eh? Sounds hot.
rufus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome back, dude.

jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NICE!! Wassup gunsmoke? Very nice to see you...
1/12/13 2:08 AM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happy New Year and all the best in 2013!
1/12/13 2:09 AM
Letibleu
1666 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is this Oddessa chioc?

Ok, I did  my part.

1/13/13 11:57 AM
bravo13
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happy new year Odessa! Long time no see. Hope all is well with you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.