UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can a fighter be worthy of the HOF without a title

1/10/13 10:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SexiestManAlive
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Without a UFC title?

There's a long list of great legends in the sport but many have never held a UFC title before or maybe haven't yet.

Should those fighters be considered for the HOF in the future even if they never wear the UFC gold? Phone Post
1/10/13 11:11 PM
MrColdCock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Off the top of my head, I would say Jon Fitch is probably the best UFC fighter to never win a belt. So.... No. Phone Post
1/10/13 11:14 PM
Twister Trent
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna say no. Currently. Phone Post
1/10/13 11:15 PM
Eunuchorn
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about all the Pride guys?
They should get in.
1/10/13 11:24 PM
Yer_Momma
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch not getting in would be a travesty.. for my .02, Florini deserves a nod too.

1/10/13 11:44 PM
aaronlynton
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No (with exceptions), yet not everyone that has held the title. Phone Post
1/11/13 12:12 AM
Dana Stern

I would say Bonner does not get in. I know that fight with him and Griffin was a huge part in UFC and MMA history but still has little to do with his personal achievements. I can't think of any fighter who hasn't held a title that should be in the Hall of Fame. Don't think Kenny should be either. Guys I think could be inducted in the future, Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, GSP, Anderson Silva, Wand Silva, Big Nog, Brock possibly, BJ Penn. Phone Post
1/11/13 12:20 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take away Forrest and Rashad's 1 and done belt and would you put them in the HOF? Obviously guys like Hendo, Gomi, Fedor, Rodrigo, etc get in without a UFC belt Phone Post
1/11/13 1:31 AM
CLINTK9
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can a fighter be worthy of the HOF without a title?

Hell Yea! And TANK ABBOTT should be the 1st one of those inducted!
1/11/13 1:56 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's about contribution to the sport right?
You can be a champion and not get in so, 'yes' is my vote. Phone Post
1/11/13 1:59 AM
Doc T
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely. Phone Post
1/11/13 4:49 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana Stern - I would say Bonner does not get in. I know that fight with him and Griffin was a huge part in UFC and MMA history but still has little to do with his personal achievements. I can't think of any fighter who hasn't held a title that should be in the Hall of Fame. Don't think Kenny should be either. Guys I think could be inducted in the future, Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, GSP, Anderson Silva, Wand Silva, Big Nog, Brock possibly, BJ Penn. Phone Post
You say rashard gets in and then say possibly Bj wtf.... I think I am too stoned Phone Post
1/11/13 5:38 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just ufc or are we they allowing pridr belts as well aince imo wand deservea in the hof Phone Post
1/11/13 5:42 AM
Boofhead3
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrColdCock - Off the top of my head, I would say Jon Fitch is probably the best UFC fighter to never win a belt. So.... No. Phone Post
If you look at it this way ie jon fitch then id say no but in think there are other fighters worthy of hof that have never held a belt Phone Post
1/11/13 5:46 AM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes.

Akiyama will continue to lose himself into the HOF by the end of 2014.

1/11/13 6:29 AM
tears for lube

MrColdCock - Off the top of my head, I would say Jon Fitch is probably the best UFC fighter to never win a belt. So.... No. Phone Post
That belongs to hendo and it's not even close Phone Post
1/11/13 7:22 AM
Chimp Strength
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are we talking MMA HOF or UFC HOF? If UFC HOF then legends like Wand might miss out as his success was in Pride. Phone Post
1/11/13 7:26 AM
Lazer MMA

tears for lube - 
That belongs to hendo and it's not even close Phone Post

Well that's not even true as he holds the UFC 17 tournament belt sir.
1/11/13 7:35 AM
extnct1

Ask Barkley if he should be in the NBA Hall of Fame without a ring... Phone Post
1/11/13 7:36 AM
JamesTheWelshDR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris lytle Phone Post
1/11/13 7:39 AM
UGCTT_Big Crouchy UK

The answer here is yes.

It obviously has to reflect the persons overall career. However even though a belt is the ultimate cherry on top, some guys have been absolutely unbelievable without winning one within the UFC.

For me it should go on the following,

UFC titles (as discussed)
Fight night bonuses...for example given his young age, Joe Lauzon. Just say he never wins a title, but continues fighting the way he is/has, I'd say someone like him deserves for all the entertaining fights he puts on whether it win or lose Phone Post
1/11/13 8:05 AM
DNAsmoothie
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. Phone Post
1/11/13 8:08 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

In general, yes.  Would need to be evaluated case-by-case.

1/11/13 8:09 AM
Flannerz
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

extnct1 -  Ask Barkley if he should be in the NBA Hall of Fame without a ring... Phone Post

Basketball is a team sport though.

I think Pride guys like Wandy etc should go in
1/11/13 8:13 AM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SexiestManAlive - Without a UFC title?

There's a long list of great legends in the sport but many have never held a UFC title before or maybe haven't yet.

Should those fighters be considered for the HOF in the future even if they never wear the UFC gold? Phone Post
In my opinion there might be a very small % of fighters, but to be in the HOF you need to have done something significant. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.