UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can a fighter be worthy of the HOF without a title

1/11/13 8:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/13 8:59 PM
jpm995 - I think yes. Pioneers like Igor V were the best before there were titles. Whats harder getting a belt or winning many tournments [some with 64 fighters]. Sak is a def HOF. Big Nog was an intrim belt holder but should be in the HOF because of his great non ufc fights. Wand is another hof'er in my book.

I assume the OP means the UFC HOF. Obviously Igor V., Sak, Fedor, etc would be in an MMA HOF - but they wouldn't be in the UFC HOF.

1/12/13 4:17 AM
18Doc
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Big Crouchy UK - The answer here is yes.

It obviously has to reflect the persons overall career. However even though a belt is the ultimate cherry on top, some guys have been absolutely unbelievable without winning one within the UFC.

For me it should go on the following,

UFC titles (as discussed)
Fight night bonuses...for example given his young age, Joe Lauzon. Just say he never wins a title, but continues fighting the way he is/has, I'd say someone like him deserves for all the entertaining fights he puts on whether it win or lose Phone Post
This. Phone Post
1/12/13 4:29 AM
SonnendbySilva
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flexo - I'd vote J-Lau. Phone Post
First thing that came to mind. Every fight he has is a fotn candidate. Along with Chris lytle. And dare I say Micheal Bisping? Phone Post
1/12/13 6:00 AM
Beggsie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless they break a record, no. Phone Post
1/12/13 7:43 AM
patches
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bonner and griffin for sure based on the impact on mma with their spike fight on ultimate fighter 1

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.