UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ANDERSON SILVA APPRECIATION THREAD

2/5/13 6:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
naughtiidawg liver kicked my SN
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/5/13 10:52 PM
DaleSonnen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor is the GOAT... FACT: Silva got a title shot after his first fight in the UFC, which was against Leban. That would never happen these days. Unless your name is Brock Lesnar. or.. lol if you wanted to change weightclasses.... lol or.... nevermind, I guess it does happen these days, all the time actually..

Either way, Anderson is great dont get me wrong, but I dont think hes Fedor GOAT yet, Fedor fought more top guys through out his career, Hell GSP's Record looks better. Its just my opinion. No one has to like it.
2/5/13 11:12 PM
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaleSonnen - Fedor is the GOAT... FACT: Silva got a title shot after his first fight in the UFC, which was against Leban. That would never happen these days. Unless your name is Brock Lesnar. or.. lol if you wanted to change weightclasses.... lol or.... nevermind, I guess it does happen these days, all the time actually..

Either way, Anderson is great dont get me wrong, but I dont think hes Fedor GOAT yet, Fedor fought more top guys through out his career, Hell GSP's Record looks better. Its just my opinion. No one has to like it.
I guess he got that title shot for a reason.....he's still wearing the belt. Phone Post
2/5/13 11:34 PM
DaleSonnen

your right about that, and without a doubt he will be in the hall of fame, and will set the standard high. Just wish everyone didn't think he was invincible. Someone will get him sooner or later, and he will fall, just like Fedor did.
2/6/13 12:11 AM

DaleSonnen - your right about that, and without a doubt he will be in the hall of fame, and will set the standard high. Just wish everyone didn't think he was invincible. Someone will get him sooner or later, and he will fall, just like Fedor did.
Listen I'm one of the biggest AS fans and I know he's not invincible. No man is. Anderson Silva has losses on his record, two of them finishes. I'm not going to sit here though and tell you he isn't the greatest mma fighter of all time.

The thing is, Anderson has been given multiple opponents to test his strongest weakness, wrestling, and has overcome these tests immensely. Even when faced with extreme adversity, he overcomes it.

There is good argument that Fedor is the greatest mma fighter of all time. That's fine, but in my eyes its Anderson. We could sit here and talk semantics, or you can just let the thread continue it's origin. Phone Post
3/4/13 9:22 PM
Nick Diaz is the KingGoAT
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT, this thread is fucking awesome.
3/4/13 10:39 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN

Nick Diaz is the KingGoAT - TTT, this thread is fucking awesome.
I will add a ton more later on sometime this week/month/year...One day it will go from awesome to legen, wait for it...............dary Phone Post
3/6/13 1:52 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Posted this in a thread I made the other day, figured it belongs here:

As some of you may know, Anderson isn't always my favourite fighter outside the cage.

But holy fuck is he amazing to watch.

Whenever I'm feeling cynical, I think that this fight was staged and that Forrest and Anderson spent hours practicing this.  It's like Anderson knew exactly what Forrest was gonna throw before he threw it.

Full speed.  Mind blown.

Just toying with the former LHW champ (in his first fight since losing the title)

Still have never seen someone brutalize Rich Franklin like this

So few people talk about this performance.  Nate was a scary guy back then and a very capable grappler, and the switch Anderson hit on him was a beauty.

So selective and accurate with his GnP

While he might not be "Michael Jordan-esque" in his grappling ability, Lutter is a black belt and a legit BJJ practitioner 

I genuinely think he's bored in there sometimes.

Not kidding.

Doing shit out of movies because that's the only way he can entertain himself

And my favourite AS gif ever.  After being dominated by Chael for 4 and a half rounds (including being wobbled), many (including me) thought that Anderson was exiting his prime.  And then he decides to front kick Vitor in the face, becoming the only man ever to clean KO Vitor.

3/6/13 2:28 AM
SeanSheehanBA

in for the greatest
3/6/13 3:53 AM
dave7

hell yeah! the greatest!
3/6/13 4:02 AM
SLUGSHOT_331
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3/6/13 4:30 AM
ANT_P1989
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The King of MMA. Phone Post
3/7/13 3:12 PM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freshly made

3/7/13 3:14 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve - 

Freshly made

Amazing

3/7/13 3:16 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN

Smellde, your getting voted up for a week brother. That was simply awesome my friend. Phone Post
3/7/13 3:25 PM
Smellde Gluve
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.

I had no idea how it'd turn out, just had an insane idea, hehe.

3/7/13 3:45 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN

Smellde Gluve -

You have a crazy/cool imagination bro. Keep up the awesome gifs. You made me a fan with the Hoffman gif in the Tank thread. (I think the Tank thread) Phone Post
3/7/13 3:56 PM
Mufasatheking

Greatest of all time

I pray to the Gods of the present and the past that Anderson does sign a 10 fight deal.
3/7/13 4:01 PM
Smellde Gluve

NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN - 
Smellde Gluve -

You have a crazy/cool imagination bro. Keep up the awesome gifs. You made me a fan with the Hoffman gif in the Tank thread. (I think the Tank thread) Phone Post

Ah, I had forgotten about that. Cool and thanks again.

Yeah I'm not sure what my mind's doing but I like it as weird as possible.

3/7/13 4:18 PM
MrQ
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to see him fight on person! Phone Post
3/7/13 4:19 PM
MrQ
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In* Phone Post
3/7/13 4:22 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN

MrQ - I have to see him fight on person! Phone Post
THIS. I hope he fights in Vegas again. Never been there and it would be super awesome to go to watch the Spider and cut up in sin city all in one shot. Phone Post
3/7/13 6:39 PM
Nick Diaz is the KingGoAT
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN -
THIS. I hope he fights in Vegas again. Never been there and it would be super awesome to go to watch the Spider and cut up in sin city all in one shot. Phone Post
Had vip tickets to see him fight at 148, shit was epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic Phone Post
3/7/13 6:59 PM
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN

Nick Diaz is the KingGoAT -
NavyCorpsmanBaraodMySN -
Had vip tickets to see him fight at 148, shit was epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic Phone Post
Fuck Phone Post
3/7/13 7:10 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw him fight Forrest live in Philly. Watching the Matrix in real life had to be one of best experiences I've ever had. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.