UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Velasquez responds to Tyson Fury

1/10/13 11:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I didn't know who he was until this," Velasquez told ESPNChicago.com. "I think he's using my name to gain publicity, which he has done, everybody is bringing it up."

Fury issued the challenge via Twitter.

"I challenge u to fight all in in a cage or ring! It could be billed as the man vs midget lets get it on!" Fury tweeted.

Velasquez smirked a bit when reminded of the insult, but he wasn't taking the bait.

"I'm not a boxer," he said. "I'm a mixed martial artist, and if he wants to fight, he can go into the UFC and work his way up like everybody else does. Nothing is given to you in this world.

"To me, it's like don't talk about it, go ahead and do it. That's all I have to say about that."

read entire article...

1/10/13 11:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ "Nothing is givin in this world", and the context of the subject was a UFC title shot.

1/10/13 11:58 PM
Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana should let this happen. Would be great PR for the UFC.

1/11/13 12:27 AM
Brandable
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why even post a video that doesn't contain what the news story talks about? Bunch of friggin amateurs around here.

1/11/13 12:28 AM
TheOtto

Ray Florez is the man.
1/11/13 12:36 AM
Porkchop

"He tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, which was double the limit of the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

The way he asked that, someone might think PED's are allowed to a certain level.

This guy works for ESPN, an outlet that reaches a tonne of people who know little to nothing about MMA.

Let's not get into the whole TRT thing though. I'm just talking about how this guy needs to come correct next time. Write down your questions or something next time, fuck.
1/11/13 12:38 AM
Hocky Balboa
9178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

lol @ "Nothing is givin in this world", and the context of the subject was a UFC title shot.

Nice.

1/11/13 12:48 AM
Arecsa
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandable - 

Why even post a video that doesn't contain what the news story talks about? Bunch of friggin amateurs around here.

It's a bit better than standard UG Blog procedure of misleading headline, misquote and repost of bleacher report junk passed off as article.
1/11/13 1:01 AM
elburrogrande
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Porkchop - "He tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, which was double the limit of the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

The way he asked that, someone might think PED's are allowed to a certain level.

This guy works for ESPN, an outlet that reaches a tonne of people who know little to nothing about MMA.

Let's not get into the whole TRT thing though. I'm just talking about how this guy needs to come correct next time. Write down your questions or something next time, fuck.

the way he asked that, someone might think Overeem tested positive for performance enhancing drugs.
1/11/13 1:07 AM
UGCTT_Dinamita
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
Brandable - 

So, welcome to the UG. This is the UG News department to your left. On you right at the end of the hall you'll see...

LMAO Phone Post
1/11/13 1:56 AM
The Mammoth
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer James Thompsons video response calling Tyson Fury a prick Phone Post
1/11/13 3:50 AM
Matt Phillips
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray is an awesome guy! Glad to see him doing his thing.

1/11/13 10:45 AM
Achilles is the GOAT
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -

Two words: Cole Konrad

Two more words: He's retired! Phone Post
1/11/13 12:12 PM
D241

bornop -  Who is upvoting the UG blog? Phone Post

Ha! That's the real story right there

1/11/13 12:32 PM
hogh20

Let them fight in the octagon. Don't let the belt be on the line of course, make it a non-title fight. Then enjoy Cain trashing the idiot boxer. What kind of moron calls a person who is 6'2 and 250 pounds a midget?
1/11/13 12:37 PM
DezzNutzz
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -
D241 -

It wasn't given, he fucking took it in brutal fashion.

Ice your asshole. Phone Post
^^^ Phone Post
1/11/13 12:40 PM
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain a 75-1 fav in mma bout ...couldn't make the line high enough..

1/11/13 12:48 PM
R00STER
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm surprised the UG's headline wasn't:

Cain on Overeem, steroids: "we all do it"
1/11/13 1:18 PM
anpack20

Porkchop - "He tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, which was double the limit of the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

That, and the fact that he didn't test positive for a PED at all...just elevated testosterone. He definitely should know all the facts before an interview. It makes reporting for the sport look amateurish.

1/11/13 2:26 PM
MTH
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain's right--Fury should work his way up.

Dana can just send him a standard fighter contract. Make it for three fights with escalating purses and a championship clause. He's a pro fighter. No need prove himself in the amateurs or local circuits. Straight to the UFC.

The guy's having trouble getting fights, so that's his option. Shouldn't take him more than a year to KO three UFC HWs if he's as effective as he hopes.

He wins all three fights, then he gets a shot at the current champ. He wins that, he stays with the UFC until he loses per the championship clause.

If Fury isn't interested in that, then tell him to STFU and everybody moves on. Phone Post
1/11/13 3:49 PM
hogh20

DoomFarmer - 
D241 -

I believe the first comment was in regards to Chael Sonnen and his not stop yapping, getting a LHW title shot with no wins. Hence, he was givin a title shot.
1/11/13 7:05 PM
Achilles is the GOAT

DoomFarmer -
hogh20 - 
DoomFarmer - 
D241 -

I believe the first comment was in regards to Chael Sonnen and his not stop yapping, getting a LHW title shot with no wins. Hence, he was givin a title shot.

Ah, then I retract my snarky comment but I had originally assumed it was about Cain getting a title shot after only 1 fight from losing the belt.
Your forgiven then

By the way, you looked great against JDS! Phone Post
1/11/13 7:16 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheOtto - Ray Florez is the man.

1/11/13 7:20 PM
Barbalos

I watched the video hoping for him to speak those quotes. Was disappointed.
1/11/13 7:20 PM
Tolstolobic

Cain is class guy.

RESTECP Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.