UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shannon Knapp: Invicta doing fine financially

1/11/13 5:39 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Steph Daniels interviewed Invicta CEO Shannon Knapp following the failure of UStream to deliver an adequate online PPV at Invicta 4, and Knapps spot decision to offer fans the fights for free.

"Hopefully we move from here to a more stable platform, a broadcast partner," said Pratt. "This incident has certainly put a little more pep in my step to want to do that. We have a good product that people want to watch. We need to give them a stable place to watch it on. It definitely makes you stand up and say, 'I need to switch some stuff up.' We're in dialogue with a handful of potential broadcast partners, so when we do secure something, I'll let everyone know. I won't reveal any names right now, because nothing is concrete, and it's unprofessional to reveal information before any deals have been made."

"We're doing amazing things right now. Our numbers are great. Everybody forgets that we haven't even been in business for a year. Our first show was at the end of April, 2012. Are we in dire straits? We're only out $7.95 [laughs]. Seriously, I don't think this put us in dire straits. If it was a do or die situation, like some journalists are suggesting, we would've inflated the price of the event. We're doing fine."

Read entire article...

1/11/13 5:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure that UStream bullshit hurt them, but they're still going strong.

Good to know.

1/11/13 5:48 AM
ender852
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get on AXS TV (formerly HDNet)

they show a million non-UFC shows.

1/11/13 5:53 AM
BRZ

They need to be on TV Phone Post
1/11/13 6:22 AM
Nexuscrawlers
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hope they get a good tv deal soon. or at least a legit streamer whowont fuck it up every time.

i kind of like invicta how it is now, no commercials or BS between fights, they walk out the next fighters right after the previous ones clear the cage. i think if they got a tv deal that would go away.

i love the Invicta streams, too bad they keep getting screwed over by whoever runs them.

1/11/13 6:27 AM
Tubarao

famous last words.... Phone Post
1/11/13 6:47 AM
Crooklyn
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!

Thanks UG blog!

1/11/13 6:50 AM
MMALOGIC

how can they be doing fine?  they hardly sell any tickets and they have no revenue. They need to get a TV partner asap.

1/11/13 8:28 AM
Authority Figure

MMALOGIC - 

how can they be doing fine?  they hardly sell any tickets and they have no revenue. They need to get a TV partner asap.

• Investors
  • Sponsorships
  • Ticket Sales

I'm sure they have a long-term plan that includes how long they have to breakeven and how much sponsorship money they have to raise for each event. So long as they are under costs when spending investor money, they are just dialing back when they start to generate revenue by a few events. 

1/11/13 10:22 AM
Batarnaque
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been around a bunch of failing businesses, read far too many financial statements and seen so many presidents and CEO's flat out lie about their predicament to take anything anybody says about suspected difficulties at face value. I can name 10 small to mid-tier companies off the top of my head who said they were doing just fine that folded/sold off in the following year.

I wish no ill will and know NOTHING about this sport's business side, that being said, there's valid reason for concern. Good luck Shannon and her very respectable (and necessary) endeavor! Get that TV deal.
1/11/13 10:33 AM
whoabro

In other news, fighter's training partners predict that he will win his upcoming fight Phone Post
1/11/13 10:57 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

famous last words

1/11/13 11:30 AM
crumbs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They have a zuffa feel to them, Cept music between rounds , what the fuck is that shit, positive (you hear Bas sing along, negative ( you barely hear the corner talk).

I'll put my tin foil hat on and speculate invicta is closely being watched by Zuffa(or forza racing 3, or whatever they call them selves), and maybe already involved is some sort of way.

Invicta, unlike WFA,pride, strikeforce, WEC, would be a org that Zuffa could buy(or invest in), and actually run separately from UFC. Without invicta , the growth of WMMA would suffer somewhat, something the UFC can't have happen if they truly want it to succeed for them.
1/11/13 11:33 AM
Lahzerous
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/11/13 11:35 AM
Ryann Von Doom - 
MMALOGIC -

I'm sorry, do you have access to their books that we dont? Phone Post

You going to be waiting a long time for his answer I'm thinking.

1/11/13 11:39 AM
MetroLT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Zuffa doesnt plan on buying Invicta. Shannon, if you read this, don't pull a Scott Coker and sell when it potentially could be worth more in the near future. I swear if Coker had held out, it would've met UFC-like expectations. It was on its way.

Rooting for you Invicta!
1/11/13 2:17 PM
Authority Figure

We need an independent Invicta. Hope they thrive and stay solo. Phone Post
1/11/13 2:22 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"We're only out 7.95"?

Huh?

The only way you are only out that amount is the loss of one customer or one refund being given.

I'd definitely imagine Invicta is out more than 7.95.

They have been in business but a year.

No business shows a profit their first year so I think it's safe to say they are losing money but that doesn't mean they are closing up.

There is no way they are in the black already given the start up costs, issues with ustream and the fact that they have yet to really get things going since they've not been in business long. Phone Post
1/11/13 2:28 PM
DreamSTi

I would guess Showtime will pick them up.
1/11/13 2:32 PM
Card
1843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to the debut of Sarah Kaufman

1/11/13 2:33 PM
Tap In
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you know a company isn't doing fine?

The ceo makes a public statement that they are doing fine
1/11/13 2:37 PM
Crooklyn
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  "We're only out 7.95"?

Huh?

The only way you are only out that amount is the loss of one customer or one refund being given.

No business shows a profit their first year so I think it's safe to say they are losing money but that doesn't mean they are closing up.

There is no way they are in the black already given the start up costs, issues with ustream and the fact that they have yet to really get things going since they've not been in business long. Phone Post

She was joking around, hence the [laughs] right after the comment and the 'seriously' to start the next one.

1/11/13 2:54 PM
Crooklyn

Ryann Von Doom - 
Crooklyn -
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  "We're only out 7.95"?

Huh?

She was joking around, hence the [laughs] right after the comment and the 'seriously' to start the next one.

He must be a hoot at parties... Phone Post

He's actually a pretty nice guy. And regardless of the way he phrased  his comment, he's on Team Invicta :)

1/11/13 4:00 PM
RowdyBec
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always wonder how many people that talk shit on Invicta actually have been to an Invicta event?? 

Invicta treats their fighters like royalty & it's a BENEFIT for MMA as a whole that Invicta continues to succeed. Too much focus on numbers... not enough focus on the quality fights & professionalism that the promotion delivers in spades :) 

1/11/13 4:08 PM
MrMead
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 

I always wonder how many people that talk shit on Invicta actually have been to an Invicta event?? 

Invicta treats their fighters like royalty & it's a BENEFIT for MMA as a whole that Invicta continues to succeed. Too much focus on numbers... not enough focus on the quality fights & professionalism that the promotion delivers in spades :) 

Becky no offense but the numbers etc are the only thing that will keep those quality fights going. Plus I really don't think anyone is "talking shit" about Invicta.
1/11/13 4:20 PM
RowdyBec
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrMead - 
RowdyBec - 

Becky no offense but the numbers etc are the only thing that will keep those quality fights going. Plus I really don't think anyone is "talking shit" about Invicta.

Like I said... too much focus on those numbers, not enough on everything else :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.