UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> Washing gi's advice...

1/11/13 9:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
la vengeance
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, I had a new blue gi and a new white gi washed together by mistake and some of the blue dye bled into the white one...

What are some effective recommendations to get the white gi back to a crisp white again...

Please help!

Thanks..
2/17/13 9:26 PM
fleshandbloodfightwear
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

la vengeance - So, I had a new blue gi and a new white gi washed together by mistake and some of the blue dye bled into the white one...

What are some effective recommendations to get the white gi back to a crisp white again...

Please help!

Thanks..

Well it's dye so I dont think your going to get it crisp and white again (although if you do please share).  So I recommend going to a fabric or craft store and buying some dye and re-dying the white gi.  You could have 2 blue gi's or a black one or red one....or tye dye (seen it).  Also next time use viniger bath to set the color pre wash.  Hope this helps!  

OSS

-Andrew

www.fleshandbloodfightwear.com

2/22/13 8:37 PM
gusto

bleach it
2/26/13 7:31 PM
dalieu

I agree with the other poster that you're going to have a hard time getting it completely white. You could bleach it, but that will weaken the gi. You could go crazy and tye dye it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.