UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> First confirmed for wwe hof class of 2013

1/11/13 1:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
roninthebox
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Kerin of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Jan 11 2013

Mick Foley will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April, 6 at Madison Square Garden according to a report published today by the New York Post.

The announcement which is expected to be made official during Monday's 20th anniversary of Raw comes amid much speculation that the hardcore legend will be inducted a stones throw from his home in Long Island where he debuted in 1986.

Foley recently had the following to say on the rumors:

"It would mean that the rumors that I started spreading about it were effective. It would be a huge honor, especially in Madison Square Garden. WWE does a great job of trying to induct people in geographic areas that mean something to them. For me, being inducted in an arena that I specifically used to hitchhike to and take trains alone to would be a great honor." Phone Post
1/11/13 1:11 PM
roninthebox
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now with this being said about wwe being good on inducting in areas that mean something, for the love of god and all things holy why didnt the freebirds go in last year?!?? Phone Post
1/11/13 2:49 PM
torquemada
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

roninthebox - Now with this being said about wwe being good on inducting in areas that mean something, for the love of god and all things holy why didnt the freebirds go in last year?!?? Phone Post
Any year. More than due. Phone Post
1/11/13 3:36 PM
DrewB
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torquemada - 
roninthebox - Now with this being said about wwe being good on inducting in areas that mean something, for the love of god and all things holy why didnt the freebirds go in last year?!?? Phone Post

Agreed. Especially since Michael Hayes has worked for them for years now!
1/11/13 3:40 PM
Festus
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DrewB -
torquemada - 

Do we get all members inducted?

Michael, Terry, Buddy, Jimmy, Blackstreet, and Badstreet? Phone Post
1/11/13 3:51 PM
DrewB
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Festus - 
DrewB -
torquemada - 

Do we get all members inducted?

Michael, Terry, Buddy, Jimmy, Blackstreet, and Badstreet? Phone Post

At the very least I would say Michael, Terry, and Buddy but I guess you could make a case for the others. I'm not quite old enough to know all about the history of the Freebirds so I don't know much about how big a part the others played?
1/11/13 3:54 PM
Festus
429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was kidding about all of them. Def the core three and a strong case can be made for jimmy jam. Phone Post
1/11/13 4:34 PM
roninthebox

I was thinking the core three, but all take all of em to get them in Phone Post
1/11/13 5:04 PM
Nuckin Futs

I honestly think Vince has not put in the Freebirds as a rib on Hayes. I can't think of any logical reason they haven't been put in.

They were instrumental in the "Cool Heel" characters that became the big thing.
1/11/13 6:17 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sable will be in this years class (it was rumored to be in Lesnar's contract) 

1/11/13 6:51 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Usually the first named is the headline guy.  I was hoping Leaping Lanny would headline though.

1/11/13 10:51 PM
RKing85
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well earned. Especially since it's in the New York area.
1/12/13 1:33 AM
G-Hands
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - well earned. Especially since it's in the New York area.

YES! The Brooklyn Brawler finally gets his due.

The WWE Universe finally has a sense of justice.
1/12/13 12:41 PM
RenegadeBoxing
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Foley absolutely deserves it, that man has always been entertaining and has taken some pretty bad bumps through out the years, hes a legend.
1/12/13 8:43 PM
Tommy Gunnz
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad to hear it as a fellow Long Islander'er and I will be there as well!
1/12/13 9:34 PM
roninthebox

G-Hands -
RKing85 - well earned. Especially since it's in the New York area.

YES! The Brooklyn Brawler finally gets his due.

The WWE Universe finally has a sense of justice.
This!!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.